ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2193 of 2688
« First < 1193169320932143218321892190219121922193 2194219521962197220322432293 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 09:29 PM 02-11-2022
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
This loss will stick with Pat until he gets back to the Super Bowl for better or worse.

The problem is, I'm starting to wonder how much longer his window is going to be. He clearly doesn't have the Brady killer instinct I previously thought he possessed.

Will he be able to rise to the occasion in the future or will the memory of this last game creep back in and cause him to wilt again?

Still great obviously, still one of the best QBs in the league. But I'm going into this offseason with more questions about Pat than ever before. What happened to him at times this season? And how can he get back to being consistently dominant?

[Reply]
ydub 10:33 PM 02-11-2022
This loss will stick with Pat until he gets back to the Super Bowl for better or worse.

The problem is, I'm starting to wonder how much longer his window is going to be. He clearly doesn't have the Brady killer instinct I previously thought he possessed.

Will he be able to rise to the occasion in the future or will the memory of this last game creep back in and cause him to wilt again?

Still great obviously, still one of the best QBs in the league. But I'm going into this offseason with more questions about Pat than ever before. What happened to him at times this season? And how can he get back to being consistently dominant?
He led the league in 4th quarter passer rating this year 115.6 (and the last 2 seasons combined 115.6). For reference, his QB rating the year we won the superbowl was 90.5.

Also, he was #2 in the league this season on throws made under 2.5 seconds, with a 110.5 passer rating. Only Aaron Rodgers was better, Burrow was significantly lower with a 102.6. Oh, he also led the league in passer rating on RPO's (119.7), snaps under center (122.7), AND was ridiculously good with play action (124.6).

Look dude, someone had pictures of him bending a floozie over a railing on a beachfront condo. It's called blackmail. It happens. He paid his debt. The slate is clean.

Chin up, homie. He'll be fine. Pat will hire better security, and this bitter memory will dissipate into the ether. Along with the rest of the NFL.

Here's to 2022.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:35 PM 02-11-2022
Keegan Michael-Key roasting Patrick Mahomes during NFL honors

During the NFL honors, comedian host Keegan-Michael Key in the name of entertainment jabbed Patrick Mahomes a bit too hard. He displayed a popular photo of Joe Burrow on-screen and jokingly said, “This outfit is so mind-blowing, Patrick Mahomes saw a picture of this outfit at halftime and forgot how to play football.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
xztop123 11:43 PM 02-11-2022
Why is no one talking about or speculating on what the tell was that apple spoke of. Once we know what it was then we can place blame and rectify this issue next season.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:09 AM 02-12-2022
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I would love to know the true answer as to what triggered the 2nd half meltdown. Nothing adds up and nothing makes sense. Reid getting on his ass , NO. Bengals defensive adjustments , NO. Concussion , maybe, but when did that happen? NFL rigged, hard to believe really. Only Patrick knows the answer.

It's pretty easy to see actually by the first couple passes in the second half to Drob incomplete and we failed to convert on third down. Every incomplete pass stops the clock and what we did is really no different than when the Falcons blew their lead against the Patriots. Remember how much heat the took for passing the ball putting it on Matty Ice to ice the game but quickly not that the lights go out had anything to do with the come back but we refused to run the ball and that's exactly what the Bengals were counting on. They had a spy on Patrick for when he'd do his heroic scramble I'm the backfield to look for the big play instead of just firing the ball or better yet audible to a run game.

I'm not worried about Patrick I think this will motivate him and make him better for his career like I said the season struggles will better him for his career.

Now I'm going say something that really cost us the game.
Arrogance. It was arrogance that kept Andy from running the ball and it was arrogance that Patrick just had to make that big throw every down. That's what led to the melt down. but this is truly a humbling game for the players and I hope fans too. I've read nasty things from Chiefs fans that made me ashamed.

Bengals beat us because they had a plan and exicuted it and used our aggressive play calling against us.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:02 AM 02-12-2022
Better only, will it make them!
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:11 AM 02-12-2022
Loosing two Super Bowls to Eli Manning is bad look man, really, really bad
[Reply]
PHOG 07:34 AM 02-12-2022

[Reply]
MVChiefFan 07:34 AM 02-12-2022
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
Better only, will it make them!
Thanks, Yoda. GOOOOO LET’S!!!!
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:55 AM 02-12-2022
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
Loosing two Super Bowls to Eli Manning is bad look man, really, really bad
Nick Foles
[Reply]
TEX 10:06 AM 02-12-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
It's pretty easy to see actually by the first couple passes in the second half to Drob incomplete and we failed to convert on third down. Every incomplete pass stops the clock and what we did is really no different than when the Falcons blew their lead against the Patriots. Remember how much heat the took for passing the ball putting it on Matty Ice to ice the game but quickly not that the lights go out had anything to do with the come back but we refused to run the ball and that's exactly what the Bengals were counting on. They had a spy on Patrick for when he'd do his heroic scramble I'm the backfield to look for the big play instead of just firing the ball or better yet audible to a run game.

I'm not worried about Patrick I think this will motivate him and make him better for his career like I said the season struggles will better him for his career.

Now I'm going say something that really cost us the game.
Arrogance. It was arrogance that kept Andy from running the ball and it was arrogance that Patrick just had to make that big throw every down. That's what led to the melt down. but this is truly a humbling game for the players and I hope fans too. I've read nasty things from Chiefs fans that made me ashamed.

Bengals beat us because they had a plan and exicuted it and used our aggressive play calling against us.
Agree with most of it except for the motivation part... Last Super Bowl loss to the Bucs was supposed to be motivation for getting back THIS season. So, when the moment came, it was a total fail. Motivation only gets you so far. You have to execute, which could still be a problem.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:11 AM 02-12-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Agree with most of it except for the motivation part... Last Super Bowl loss to the Bucs was supposed to be motivation for getting back THIS season. So, when the moment came, it was a total fail. Motivation only gets you so far. You have to execute, which could still be a problem.
Someone a while back said motivation comes into play during preparation, not execution... and that seems accurate to me.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:18 AM 02-12-2022
When things start to go south you need to change your plan. We didn't in this game and we didn't last year in the SB. We also haven't in every loss this season. Thats a pattern and it caught up with us once again. Poor coaching and stubbornness. Let's hope they finally learn.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 10:25 AM 02-12-2022
I do agree with this part. The stink of that loss will stay on Mahomes and chiefs until they get back to the SB.
[Reply]
Jerm 10:28 AM 02-12-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
When things start to go south you need to change your plan. We didn't in this game and we didn't last year in the SB. We also haven't in every loss this season. Thats a pattern and it caught up with us once again. Poor coaching and stubbornness. Let's hope they finally learn.
Andy’s not going to change or learn…this is who he is.
[Reply]
Page 2193 of 2688
« First < 1193169320932143218321892190219121922193 2194219521962197220322432293 > Last »
Up