ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2182 of 2688
« First < 1182168220822132217221782179218021812182 21832184218521862192223222822682 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
ARROW2 08:49 PM 02-05-2022
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
I don't know what I think anymore. I definitely thought he was more clutch than what he showed last week. I thought he was a player who rose up and met the moment, not one who wilted from it.

All I know is that performance is something that I'll never be able to unsee. The fantasy of having the GOAT is gone forever. Patrick can still do a lot of great things in his career. But he's not the guy we thought we had.

That guy doesn't blow an 18 point home lead to an average at best team in the AFC title game. That guy puts his foot on the throat and doesn't take it off. Until last week I thought Patrick was that guy. Hard to feel that way anymore.

Hopefully he figures it out this offseason and proves me wrong. Hope like hell he does.

He is STILL everything we know he is. We took a FUCKING DIVE! That is a compliment to him because there is NO FUCKING WAY he ignores KELCE wide open in the end zone. GTFOOH with that BULLSHIT!
[Reply]
ARROW2 08:51 PM 02-05-2022
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
I almost forgot until just seeing the replay, but Mahomes tried calling a timeout right before halftime. When we didn't have any. Very strange.

He is a bad actor......LOL
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 09:19 PM 02-05-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
The 2007 Tom Brady led patriots led 21-3 in the afc champ game at home

They lost
Patriots were on the road and ultimately lost 38-34 to a favored Payton Manning Colts team in AFC championship game. Patriot behind Brady as a 4 seed actually beat the #1 seed Chargers on the road the previous week in the playoffs. I am not saying refs decided the game but Patriots got twice the penalty yardage as the Colts so for folks think Brady's team always got calls in the playoffs, it just isn't true. Patriots receivers were just at best JAGS that year(year before Patriots added Moss/Welker) and the Patriots very good defense wilted in 2nd half of Colts game. A handful of players on defense had the flu entering the game and Rosevelt Colvin one of the Patriots better defenders didn't play the 2nd half because of flu/dehydration.

Brady has had his meh/bad playoff games but that Colts game is an example of Brady playing very well and Patriots losing. That happens in the NFL. Indy just scored at will on a gassed Patriots defense in 2nd half. Patriots offense took lead twice in second half after Colts tied it but Patriots couldn't stop Indy once the Colts got going.

The Colts won the Super Bowl that year and in their non Patriots playoff games, opposing teams averaged scoring 10 points per game.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:30 PM 02-05-2022
This Patriots shitbag is insufferable.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:45 PM 02-05-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Asterisk’s long lost twin. Fucker may as well be him.

Fuck the both of them
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:59 PM 02-05-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Imagine being him though. It’s only gonna get worse. Laying out the joys of yesteryear. Brady has rode off into the sunset, and shown who the important cog in the machine was. BB won’t sniff another title and especially with Jones. The Pats run is over, and their window has shut. Don’t get me wrong, ANY teams fans would kill for that kind of run, but they’re done. But imagine having that kind of run, then realizing it’s over. Yikes!!!!! The AFC is loaded with top tier quarterbacks and the Pats aren’t one of them. He seems like a knowledgeable fan, but his views are Pats slanted.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:33 AM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by stevegroganfan:
*cock gobbling sounds*
You don't say!
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 08:37 AM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by ARROW2:
He is STILL everything we know he is. We took a FUCKING DIVE! That is a compliment to him because there is NO FUCKING WAY he ignores KELCE wide open in the end zone. GTFOOH with that BULLSHIT!
A human being making a mistake or a legendarily competitive athlete throwing games on purpose

I know which one I’ll believe!
[Reply]
TLO 09:33 AM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by cmdrzman:
LOL - You gave up that much for Blaine Gabbert II?

Your team has now surpassed the Bears for the dumbest move in this entire draft- Congrats- You got Blaine Gabbert II LOLOLOOLOLOLO
Best take
[Reply]
raybec 4 11:14 AM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
I don't know what I think anymore. I definitely thought he was more clutch than what he showed last week. I thought he was a player who rose up and met the moment, not one who wilted from it.

All I know is that performance is something that I'll never be able to unsee. The fantasy of having the GOAT is gone forever. Patrick can still do a lot of great things in his career. But he's not the guy we thought we had.

That guy doesn't blow an 18 point home lead to an average at best team in the AFC title game. That guy puts his foot on the throat and doesn't take it off. Until last week I thought Patrick was that guy. Hard to feel that way anymore.

Hopefully he figures it out this offseason and proves me wrong. Hope like hell he does.
This has to be a troll job, no one is this far out on the ledge.
[Reply]
ARROW2 11:15 AM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
A human being making a mistake or a legendarily competitive athlete throwing games on purpose

Doesn't matter how legendary or competitive he is. You do what you are fucking told to do..
[Reply]
ARROW2 11:20 AM 02-06-2022
Lollipop no more
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:34 PM 02-06-2022
For the folks who want to talk about "choke"..against Dallas we put up THREE points in the second half. Against Green bay we put up ZERO points in the second half. In his first year starting we put up THREE points in the second half against San Fran. The year we won the superbowl in the second half against the Colts we put up THREE POINTS!!. So what happened against the Bengals is actually nothing new..it's happened several times before but this was just on a bigger stage.

In only one of those games (San Fran) did Pat have a top class back (Hunt) who he could hand the ball off to when the passing game was failing.

This is why I'm not blaming Pat at all. He threw ELEVEN touchdowns this post season (which is the joint best record in nfl history btw) and had rushed for another. Brady won a superbowl against the Rams putting up 13 points of which he threw zero TD's..why? Because he had a great defense and a running game that controlled the game and this is what the club owe Pat now moving forward..I'm tired of going into big games worrying about the defense and witnessing team after team laugh at our run game AND DROP EIGHT FECKING PLAYERS deep...enough is enough.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:40 PM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:

Dude you simply MUST ditch that av
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:41 PM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
For the folks who want to talk about "choke"..against Dallas we put up THREE points in the second half. Against Green bay we put up ZERO points in the second half. In his first year starting we put up THREE points in the second half against San Fran. The year we won the superbowl in the second half against the Colts we put up THREE POINTS!!. So what happened against the Bengals is actually nothing new..it's happened several times before but this was just on a bigger stage.

In only one of those games (San Fran) did Pat have a top class back (Hunt) who he could hand the ball off to when the passing game was failing.

This is why I'm not blaming Pat at all. He threw ELEVEN touchdowns this post season (which is the joint best record in nfl history btw) and had rushed for another. Brady won a superbowl against the Rams putting up 13 points of which he threw zero TD's..why? Because he had a great defense and a running game that controlled the game and this is what the club owe Pat now moving forward..I'm tired of going into big games worrying about the defense and witnessing team after team laugh at our run game AND DROP EIGHT FECKING PLAYERS deep...enough is enough.
You make a very good point. Dropping 8 into coverage is mocking our run game. They either didn't respect our run game, or didn't believe that Reid would be able to commit to it. Either way they were right.

Can you imagine the beating that Kareem Hunt would've put on a defense only bringing three?

The Clyde pick was such a fuck up. No one respects him, and for good reason. He's slow, lacks vision and is small. Still have no idea what the front office saw in him.

Go get Pat a bigger back with some actual explosiveness and athletic ability and see if teams still want to drop everyone back into coverage.
[Reply]
Page 2182 of 2688
« First < 1182168220822132217221782179218021812182 21832184218521862192223222822682 > Last »
Up