ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 70
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Media Center>Star Trek Picard
Frazod 11:27 AM 06-20-2018
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/star-...in-development

Star Trek: The Next Generation Reboot With Patrick Stewart Reportedly in Development

Rumors of the Picard-centric reboot come amid Alex Kurtzman extending his CBS contract for a planned expansion of the Star Trek TV universe.

According to a THR article, there are unconfirmed rumors that CBS TV Studios is developing a Star Trek reboot starring Patrick Stewart in which he would reprise his The Next Generation role as Captain Jean-Luc Picard. According to THR's sources, Alex Kurtzman and Akiva Goldsman are attached to the potential reboot. Not only is this an unconfirmed project, but THR's sources also say that the deal is far from complete and might not happen. Still, this would be huge news for Star Trek fandom—however you might feel about a Picard-centric reboot.

The rumors of the Picard reboot come amidst Kurtzman renewing his overall deal with CBS Television Studios, extending his contract by five years. This will keep him in partnership with the studio through 2023, for a reported $5 million per year.

Kurtzman was recently made sole showrunner of Star Trek: Discovery following the dismissal of previous co-showrunners Aaron Harberts and Gretchen Berg who left amidst reports of bullying behavior in the writers room. Goldsman, who served as an executive producer on Season 1 of Discovery, also left the show, reportedly due to a clash with the writing staff in terms of management style and personality, so it's interesting that he is still attached to the potential Picard-centric reboot.

In addition to his work on Star Trek: Discovery, Kurtzman's extended deal with CBS Television Studios will include an expansion of the Star Trek franchise on the small screen, including the development of new series, miniseries, and other content, including animation.

While this generally seems like good news for the Star Trek universe, it may also be disappointing, depending on what kind of Star Trek fan you are. While the move represents a reinvestment in the Star Trek TV universe, Kurtzman is not known for critical success. Previously, he has co-written the scripts for Transformers, Star Trek, Star Trek Into Darkness, and The Amazing Spider-Man 2. More recently, he directed and co-wrote The Mummy. Not exactly the kind of nuanced science fiction writing Star Trek has, at its best, historically represented.

More news on the expanded Star Trek TV universe as we hear it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:20 AM 03-27-2022
Originally Posted by Snica:
Star trek has always been woke
No shit. It's been that way for close to 60 years. Way before the word "woke" meant anything other than getting out of bed in the am.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:24 AM 03-27-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
The Guinan scenes took me out of the episode a bit due to the existence of Time's Arrow (both in that Guinan's appearance has completely changed and in that she didn't recognize Picard at all). I grant that they probably didn't have much choice but to recast the actor, but it's selling the fans a bit short not to give any kind of explanation about that or her lack of recognition of him.
They could have went deep fake with her and Q. The tech is there now. I'm sure its expensive though.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:11 AM 03-27-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
No shit. It's been that way for close to 60 years. Way before the word "woke" meant anything other than getting out of bed in the am.
This is not the same. This is just cringe. Hamfisted writing.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:35 PM 03-27-2022
They could have went deep fake with her and Q. The tech is there now. I'm sure its expensive though.
To be fair, John DeLancie doesn’t weigh 500 pounds now. That would have probably blown the entire CGI budget.
[Reply]
Lzen 05:48 AM 03-29-2022
None of the other current Trek properties (Picard, Lower Decks, and Prodigy) are certainly great right now, but at least they have good qualities and entertain and are not plagued by the same crippling issues as Discovery (melodramatic therapy sessions, a gross misapprehension/failure of how to develop characters, incessant wokeness among others).
I beg to differ. Just watched S2, Ep 4 of Picard last night. That episode was filled with that crap. If it weren't for sir Patrick Stewart, I might just give up on this.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:01 AM 03-29-2022
Star Trek was never pandering about it, and treated it in a way that provokes thought.

Nothing about what we've seen in the woke gruel in Pickard provokes any thought.

Y'all are confusing progressive with woke.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:39 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I beg to differ. Just watched S2, Ep 4 of Picard last night. That episode was filled with that crap. If it weren't for sir Patrick Stewart, I might just give up on this.
Try actually watching Discovery (but seriously, maybe don't). It's what you saw in S2, E4 of Picard but on steroids and in every episode.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:42 AM 03-29-2022
Try actually watching Discovery (but seriously, maybe don't). It's what you saw in S2, E4 of Picard but on steroids and in every episode.
ugh ugh ugh

bring back rick berman
[Reply]
Lzen 07:58 AM 03-29-2022
I tried watching Discover. Got through about a season to a season and a half and couldn't finish.
[Reply]
Miles 06:19 PM 03-29-2022
Yeah this most recent episode of Picard reminded me some of the Discovery crap but still not quite that level of bad.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 07:04 PM 03-29-2022
Albit a little garek aka that tailor
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:52 AM 03-30-2022

[Reply]
Bowser 09:19 PM 04-01-2022
Hearing Soong drop an F bomb and seeing Q's reaction to it made me laugh.

And is Agnes a Borg now? Or....what?
[Reply]
Fish 09:24 PM 04-01-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Hearing Soong drop an F bomb and seeing Q's reaction to it made me laugh.

And is Agnes a Borg now? Or....what?
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:04 AM 04-02-2022
A step up from last week. And at least they quickly ended the Rios/ICE storyline.

Also, try calling the phone number on Q's card (323-634-5667). It's worth it.
[Reply]
Page 43 of 70
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Up