Page 7 of 15
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hardman is a liability
treeguy27 06:51 PM 11-07-2021
Two almost fumbles
Dropped first down to kill a drive
Muffed punt
Poor decision on another punt

He actually made a critical catch to get a first down.... then almost gave it all up with a un-sportsman like penalty. Dude is making way more negative plays than positive plays.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:39 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
COULD'VE HAD DK METCALF

Imagine this offense with Metcalf & Jonathan Taylor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Molitoth 12:02 PM 11-08-2021
Dexter McHardman
[Reply]
JakeF 12:21 PM 11-08-2021
Hardman can't even be trusted to return punts. It gives Chiefs' Kingdom a coronary each time he goes back to field a punt.

The only thing he does well is the speed sweeps. Right now, even that's scary because he is fumbling the ball.

The only receiver we have right now is Tyreek Hill. The only dangerous weapons we have on offense is Hill and Kelce.

That is the main reason Mahomes is struggling.

You give Mahomes several guys who can get open and catch the ball, he will calm down.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 12:27 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Hardman can't even be trusted to return punts. It gives Chiefs' Kingdom a coronary each time he goes back to field a punt.

The only thing he does well is the speed sweeps. Right now, even that's scary because he is fumbling the ball.

The only receiver we have right now is Tyreek Hill. The only dangerous weapons we have on offense is Hill and Kelce.

That is the main reason Mahomes is struggling.

You give Mahomes several guys who can get open and catch the ball, he will calm down.
Has there been a single punt return TD in the NFL this season? Why do teams even bother returning punts anymore? More often than anything, you're getting a penalty or a turnover. The league has figured out how to defend punts.
[Reply]
JakeF 12:32 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Has there been a single punt return TD in the NFL this season? Why do teams even bother returning punts anymore? More often than anything, you're getting a penalty or a turnover. The league has figured out how to defend punts.
I think the punter's legs are so strong now that they can hang it high AND punt it long. It used to be one or the other.

FYI The entire game thread starting clapping yesterday when Hardman didn't fair catch the punt inside the 10-yard line. A sad level of expectation for your punt returner, when everyone is just yelling "don't fair catch it inside the 10yrd line or fumble it, please!!"
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:19 AM 11-15-2021
I don't think he is a liability and I'll stay with my hope he has a good season.

I'll also say fuck the haters. Maybe he only had one or two big plays against the Raiders but damn kid can make a play happen. I'm happy he is a Chief and I'll keep being happy he is a Chief as long as he is a Chief maybe they don't renew his contract or they trade him this offseason idk but he has big plays in him and likely will make a most astounding play that will make us go wow.

I think he has a lot of growth and deserves what he gets for when he makes mistakes and those that want to get rid of him or curse his existence I get why he is shamed but I for one think he can and will make some things happen and we will turn to love him for it and I'm not giving up on him.

I love Mecole Hardman. Not many will agree with me but he is and can be a game changer at any moment in any game even if it's not a touchdown he can make the defense go oh shit.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:41 AM 11-15-2021
He didn't score a touchdown against the raiders but he made a big play. He can and will do more but I'm not going hate him because he has done a lot for the Chiefs giving us a chance to win a second Super Bowl. I'm giving a chance for the second half of the season and hoping he does well I'm sure Veach will make right decisions for the future of the Chiefs but for now I still have high hopes for this young WR.

He can make a second half of the season making plays that will be something of awesomeness.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:42 AM 11-15-2021
Not on Tyreek Hills level but he can make plays that makes us go fuck yeah way to go Hardman.
[Reply]
-King- 03:30 AM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Not on Tyreek Hills level but he can make plays that makes us go fuck yeah way to go Hardman.
Big nasty kcnut, is that you?
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:51 AM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Big nasty kcnut, is that you?

I've always supported and defended Hardman. He hasn't always delivered good things to be happy about but I also had have him as adopted Chief so I believe in the kid to do some fun amazing things just hope its more frequent and get him consistently making plays. He can do it I've always supported him when others have not. If he makes mistakes I've said so in game day threads but then he ends up making a big time play at some point so he just needs to be consistent.

I love the kid and have defended him before and will continue to think he has some special value to him as a Chief.

I have my own thoughts more so than other members of CP I can go against the grain and be okay with that.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:45 AM 11-15-2021
Last night, on the one big play he made, he nearly fumbled during the hit.

I'd like him a lot more if he just went down right before contact any time touched the ball.
[Reply]
lcarus 07:49 AM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Last night, on the one big play he made, he nearly fumbled during the hit.

I'd like him a lot more if he just went down right before contact any time touched the ball.
It appeared to me like that's what he was doing last night. There were a couple times he went out of bounds before contact instead of fighting for the first down or goal line.
[Reply]
Delano 08:06 AM 11-15-2021
I can't back this up with any numbers like routes run or out of which position he ran most of his routes, but I think the thing that worked really well last night (other than the Raiders DB's being banged up and trash) was that Hardman wasn't the second WR option. They had Gordon, Pringle, and Robinson out there way more. Hardman was back in that slashing, gadget role where he doesn't have to read defenses and run tight routes. He just did his role and it worked. I think he's the deep decoy that can push the 2 high back and he's a slash guy and that's really it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:41 AM 11-15-2021
I liked the end around Andy ran with Hardman on third and goal as a change of pace last night - but Hardman totally dogged it at the end because he was afraid of fumbling trying to break the plane.

He's cooked.
[Reply]
Rexx 08:45 AM 11-15-2021
Hardman can't be trusted with the ball in his hands, unlikely he has a future in KC just because of that. Plus, he just isn't a polished receiver and doesn't really contribute in a consistent fashion. As stated, he can run a jet sweep, but that's about it.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 15
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up