ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>X-Factor isn't The Weirdest....
gblowfish 12:40 PM 10-13-2021
X-Factor is clearly a mess and IMHO has been an embarrassment to the Chiefs and KC as a whole. But he isn't the weirdest story in Chiefs history concerning a "Super Fan." Back right after 9/11 KC has a guy who painted his head like a Chiefs Helmet and went around the stadium banging a drum. Fans called him "Helmet Head." The FBI called him "Off the Reservation in the Witness Protection Program." Wow...
https://fox4kc.com/news/man-at-cente...ce-helmet-man/
[Reply]
wazu 09:53 PM 10-13-2021
Ha! I remember this guy. FBI had to be like WTF?! Trying to hide a guy and he goes out of his way to make a spectacle of himself. Of course he did it in disguise, so maybe he was brilliant. Would love to know the full story of this guy, and if he is still a Chiefs fan these days.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:06 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Who was the professional superfan at Chiefs and Royals games in the 80s who ended up doing something horrifying?

He was hired by the teams. Mad Mike?

He came to my elementary school to talk to the kids about drugs and alcohol and even at like ten years old I recognized he was off his rocker.

He had a feltboard with all these different drugs and alcohol and he ripped the one that said BEER off the board and started spitting on it and stomping on it and screaming at it. I guess he had a buddy who died drunk driving after too many beers.

Anyway he was never invited back

Krazy George

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:19 PM 10-13-2021
I remember that guy. Seemed like a cool dude. Drank way too much. But Belly Boy would get so drunk that he could barley walk. So whose the winner?
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 06:50 AM 10-14-2021
Well, let's be honest... there's a special kind of crazy that lives within the souls of the fan that goes to great lengths to do this stuff in support of their team.

A great number of them are normal people, but I would venture to say that 6 out of 10 have got some issues they need to address. Granted, there are some as we see that are just flat out owning that crazy group.

IIRC, when First Down Elvis bowed out, I think it was because he's in that normal somewhat over the top fan base that realized the batshit crazy antics of others and decided to distance himself.

For the most part, it's fun to see the fans dressed up and doing things on TV (hell, I met FDE, Weirdwolf and a few others years ago at a game in KC - great guys) ... but, when you take it to your personal every day affair - you might have some association/personal issues that need addressing.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:58 AM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Well, let's be honest... there's a special kind of crazy that lives within the souls of the fan that goes to great lengths to do this stuff in support of their team.

A great number of them are normal people, but I would venture to say that 6 out of 10 have got some issues they need to address. Granted, there are some as we see that are just flat out owning that crazy group.

IIRC, when First Down Elvis bowed out, I think it was because he's in that normal somewhat over the top fan base that realized the batshit crazy antics of others and decided to distance himself.

For the most part, it's fun to see the fans dressed up and doing things on TV (hell, I met FDE, Weirdwolf and a few others years ago at a game in KC - great guys) ... but, when you take it to your personal every day affair - you might have some association/personal issues that need addressing.
Yeah, i know some very successful well adjusted human beings who's outlet is superfanning. But i'd venture to say a large portion of them are just fucking weirdos.
[Reply]
jettio 08:02 AM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:

You wouldn’t dare say those things if Barrel Man was still around.
[Reply]
Mennonite 04:02 PM 10-14-2021

[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:41 PM 10-14-2021
I dunno, if you dress up at games and have fun with it, so what? It's largely harmless I think. They just love their team and like to have fun with it. Obviously, examples in this thread are of people who are nuts anyway, but I don't think it's fair to paint all superfans in that light.

We had one for the Omaha Beef indoor football team. He would dress up, had a classic truck that he painted team colors and was in a lot of parades with it. Did a lot for charity too. But he is a normal guy and a helluva craftsman. He did give it up a couple years ago, but for reasons that had to do with the ownership of the team being a bunch of assholes. Long story.

Anyway, I appreciate super fans.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 08:09 PM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Remember Belly Boy? I know a guy who he worked with that said he was arrested after going and getting his gun and coming back to work after getting fired. (or something along those lines)

This was many many years ago as well but he may have been the actual craziest of them all.
I met him at a game in Tampa in the late 90's. He seemed like an OK dude in the short time we chatted
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:26 PM 10-14-2021
Super fans always make me think of the Charlestown Chiefs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:23 PM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
He would have been better off using a different outfit for the relocation instead of the US Marshall's Service.

If he had called Best Quality Vacuum and said, "I need a dust filter for a Hoover Max Extract® 60 Pressure Pro." he could have been the Chiefs assistant special teams coach.
I see ya player. BCS
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:26 PM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
They put ketchup on bbq sauce like a shlub
[Reply]
RockChalk 07:53 AM 10-15-2021
Any chance that this dude was Frankie?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:03 AM 10-15-2021

[Reply]
scho63 09:13 AM 10-15-2021
Meth Factor nevers takes off his gear. He thinks he is a Chiefs Super Hero.

Thats fucked up.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up