ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>I know y’all hating Sorenson right now but…..
bricks 10:20 PM 10-12-2021
as a reminder he made a lot of clutch plays for the Chiefs AND I will never forget that ever because he was a contributor for the Chiefs most memorable season.

If it wasn’t for Sorenson Chiefs may not have made or won the SuperBowl?

Remember the Texans game? When he made that clutch stop on the fake punt? Also, when he forced a fumble on a kick return that led to a TD? If it wasn’t for him Chiefs may not win that game and no SuperBowl either. He contributed big time turning that game around and that game was a turning point for the Chiefs in the playoffs.

I understand the hate playing him as a starting safety. He ain’t that but as a role player that makes clutch here and there, I’ll gladly take that on my team any day of the week.

The what have you done for me lately sometimes clouds our perspectives of the overall picture. Daniel Sorenson isn’t a starting safety but is a great role player . Nothing more. He still deserves a spot on this team IMO if used Properly. Role player that’s it.

I’m not here to stick up for Sorenson but I do think he deserves less hate. The source of frustration should be directed more to Spags than anything for playing him as a starting safety.
[Reply]
Jerm 08:14 AM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Dan can go cry into a pillow case stuffed with fucking money, I don't care

We're waaay beyond sentimentality here, thanks for the good times now get the fuck OUT
Agreed...no one should be allowed to get in the way of wasting a season of Mahomes under center, I don't give a fuck who it is.

This organization needs to stop the rah rah good job buddy mentality and get cutthroat.
[Reply]
crispystl 08:43 AM 10-13-2021
Sorenson has always been too slow to cover anyone. He had a few big plays in the playoffs, but let's be real here...the guy isn't athletic enough to cover NFL wideouts. (Or even Tight ends or Running backs for that matter)
[Reply]
crispystl 08:50 AM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That's not really his problem.

His problem is that right now Justin Reid would've been able to get the corner on him and pick up the first down on that fake punt.

We can appreciate what he did for this team and also acknowledge that he isn't that player anymore. If I thought this was a rough stretch that he'll come out of, I'd be more sanguine about it - but it isn't.

He's a step short of where he once was and he knows it. So he's cheating and getting burnt time and time again. And frankly, the closer to the redline he has to run to stay in plays, the more prone he's going to be to mistakes (and he was always a little mistake prone as it was).

The declining skills are snow-balling across the board on him. You've gotta get him out of there.
This^^^^
He was always a step or two too slow and now that he's lost another step he's two or three too slow.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 08:53 AM 10-13-2021
I think they keep him around to prevent other teams from using him to head hunt our players. He really does lead with his head fairly often and his play borders on what I would call 'dirty'.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:24 AM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Agreed...no one should be allowed to get in the way of wasting a season of Mahomes under center, I don't give a fuck who it is.

This organization needs to stop the rah rah good job buddy mentality and get cutthroat.
Ok, which one of you started the GoFundMe to buy out the rest of Sorensons contract? :-)

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/chiefs-...145319759.html
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:25 AM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
I think they keep him around to prevent other teams from using him to head hunt our players. He really does lead with his head fairly often and his play borders on what I would call 'dirty'.
That thought is dumb as shit. No one is picking up Sorenson to head hunt our players.
[Reply]
MightyMouse 09:43 AM 10-13-2021
I’ve been saying for a long time the only reason some fans actually think he is good is
1. People like saying Dirty Dan
2. He has made a handful of plays in his career but they happened in big moments so fans erase the the negatives from their minds.

The browns game last year is Dan in a nutshell- He got burnt as usual and when he dives to hit the guy, it’s helmet to helmet and the ball is fumbled out of the end zone. The guy got beat and got lucky he smoked him in the head on the dive but to some fans they just see Dan has being clutch in the play.

His negatives outweigh the few positives. Dude needs to go. Unfortunately we have Dan Jr. on the practice squad. I’m sure he will be around to take his place for the next decade.
[Reply]
TribalElder 10:03 AM 10-13-2021

Chiefs fan creates GoFundMe to buyout Daniel Sorensen's contract https://t.co/5aMAUbynm7

— FOX4 News (@fox4kc) October 13, 2021

[Reply]
Rainbarrel 10:10 AM 10-13-2021
Sorensen is 31, HB is 29. The defense needs to be gutted this off-season. 2022 will be a step back. Bye Dirty, bye Honey, bye Frank...
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:13 AM 10-13-2021
Great.

I appreciate everything Sorenson did during the Super Bowl season and last years playoff run.

But that was in the past.

He sucks now. He should not be starting (or maybe even on the team at all). Time to give someone else a chance.

Put Thornhill back in there and see what he can do. Can't be any worse (Sorenson is currently ranked dead last out of all safeties for coverage).

Love ya, Daniel, but moving on . . . . . .
[Reply]
carcosa 12:51 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by bricks:
I’m not here to stick up for Sorenson but I do think he deserves less hate.
Wrong
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:56 PM 10-13-2021
He's always been a decent special teams player, which is exactly what the OP listed as his big plays.

He certainly shouldn't be a starting defender.
[Reply]
morphius 01:02 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by MightyMouse:
I’ve been saying for a long time the only reason some fans actually think he is good is
1. People like saying Dirty Dan
2. He has made a handful of plays in his career but they happened in big moments so fans erase the the negatives from their minds.

The browns game last year is Dan in a nutshell- He got burnt as usual and when he dives to hit the guy, it’s helmet to helmet and the ball is fumbled out of the end zone. The guy got beat and got lucky he smoked him in the head on the dive but to some fans they just see Dan has being clutch in the play.

His negatives outweigh the few positives. Dude needs to go. Unfortunately we have Dan Jr. on the practice squad. I’m sure he will be around to take his place for the next decade.
I believe there was TD earlier that he got beat on and did give up a score. I want to like the guy, but just not seeing enough good to have them out there. I wish Mahomes could go up against him in a game...
[Reply]
Kman34 01:27 PM 10-13-2021
I’ve always seen him as a Special Teams player…Then couple of years ago he’s out there on defense just chasing guys around.. Never really understood why he was out there…
[Reply]
DJJasonp 01:34 PM 10-13-2021
Vacation Clark GIFfrom Vacation GIFs

[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up