ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2022 Draft: Who should we be watching on Saturdays?
Dante84 10:30 AM 10-07-2021
Admittedly, I don't really dig in deep on college football players until the season ends. For me, there's just too much noise, too many teams, too many players to really gauge anything beyond the obvious 1st round guys, especially when my attention is already super invested in the Chiefs & NFL.

That said, as I watch the Chiefs, my interest in thinking about our next draft gets me excited, so much to the point that I'm interested in carving out time mid-week (Wednesdays?) to try and watch some highlights.

So, who are you watching that would be a good fit for this roster next season? First round talent is great, but also some under the radar guys would be cool to get an early jump on.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 03:47 PM 11-21-2021
Jerreth Sterns is a fun Rondale Moore look alike.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:29 PM 11-21-2021
May have been mentioned already, but some new guys for me:

Bernard Raimann, Central Michigan. German kid. Freakish athleticism. Very technically sound. Still raw (current round 3 projection).

DE David Njabo, Michigan. Similar to Odefe Oweh (athletic, raw).

RB Chris Rodriguez, Jr, Kentucky. Late-round guy, really gives you some Hunt vibes when you watch him (physical, runs angry, great contact balance).

S Bubba Bolden, Miami. I really like his versatility. Think he could step in and play box S pretty quickly, play the "LB" in sub packages, and eventually be a premium SS.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:10 PM 11-21-2021
Jameson Williams WR from Bama is VERY intriguing with our 1st.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:13 PM 11-21-2021
Sam Williams, ER, Ole Miss. I think he's a major "in-play" guy for Veach in terms of both likely SPARQ and production, plus SEC.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:06 AM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Aidan Hutchinson is the one I'm watching most closely, DE out of Michigan, because he might be gettable.

Thibodeaux may well go 1.1 so who cares? Leal may well go top 5 to boot. Jordan Davis is a big ol' mauler of a DT but he's probably never going to be an asset rushing the passer so unless we end up late 1st, I can't see taking him.

George Karlaftis is the other guy who will maybe slide to us. I think he or Hutchinson go top 10 and the other guy slips a bit. Hard to tell yet how that's going to go though.

I like Drake Jackson out of USC but he may not have the length to be a 3-down guy and probably a little light to boot. But as a LEO? He might be a damn nice fit. Man he's explosive. Myjai Sanders has been a little disappointing thus far and didn't play last year due to COVID but was excellent in '19 and could still put together good tape this season. Adam Anderson is a more boom/bust version of Drake Jackson and may just not be a 4-3 guy, but again - the LEO makes things a little different if we choose to go that direction. Anderson could do it.

My present preference is probably:

Hutchinson
Karlaftis
Anderson
Jackson
Sanders

And I'd be more than happy to take any of those guys in the 1st. I suspect one will make it to us or at least be within reasonable trade-up range. If Davis fell I'd be okay with the pick in the back of the 1st. He wouldn't be sexy but man, if Nnadi and Reed are as bad as they've looked, our problems at DT are as big as our problems at DE.
Feeling more and more like a lot of these guys have moved themselves up the board while our recent performance has moved us down it. Davis has possibly even played himself into the teends.

These DL have really been killing it in this draft. But like I said - you hope that needs for other teams push one or two of these guys further down than their talent suggests they should go.

Gonna be tight but we may still be able to snag one of these dudes. It's just looking a lot tougher than it was when I first made this list.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:06 PM 11-22-2021
Feeling more and more like a lot of these guys have moved themselves up the board while our recent performance has moved us down it. Davis has possibly even played himself into the teends.

These DL have really been killing it in this draft. But like I said - you hope that needs for other teams push one or two of these guys further down than their talent suggests they should go.

Gonna be tight but we may still be able to snag one of these dudes. It's just looking a lot tougher than it was when I first made this list.
Hutchenson for sure. He's going top 10, maybe top 5, and I've even seen some evaluators move him ahead of Thibedeaux.

Myjai Sanders still looks like an end of Round 1 target. David Ojabo has become one. Kingsley Onagbare is another name in that range (very mixed bag with him).

Ojabo gives me Odefe Oweh 2.0 vibes. Crazy athlete, super raw.

Sanders is probably a RE, strictly. Sanders or Ojabo would give you more flexibility.

What are your thoughts on Trevon Walker? He's a jumbo DE (6-6/275) but Georgia uses him on the edge, and he's athletic enough to drop. He seems to have good bend and burst to get around the end, despite his stoutness. I could see him being an "end-sized" version of Chris Jones (and would give you some scheme versatility long-term, if he and Stone Cold are your buidling blocks on the DL).
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:03 PM 11-27-2021
Give me Tyler Badie in the 7th round & I’ll be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 06:10 PM 11-28-2021
Keytaon Thompson for UVA has played himself from obscurity to maybe the middle of the draft. More of an athlete than a receiver similar to Hardman, but Thompson goes 6'3 200 and has a qb background
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:04 AM 11-29-2021
Yup - scratch Hutchenson off the list. He's in the mix for first defensive player selected at this point. Man he was just dominant on Saturday.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:06 AM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Give me Tyler Badie in the 7th round & I’ll be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty sure that Badie has played his way into the 2nd day. At worst a 4th rounder, IMO. If he tests in the 4.4s, he's going to be highly sought after. He's a decisive runner who has demonstrated that he can carry a load. He's really good out of the backfield and a willing blocker.

He doesn't have that real flashy elusiveness but that kind of back often doesn't translate as well to the NFL anyway.

Badie's stock is flying up the boards, IMO. No way he's there in the 7th and I'd be a little surprised if he saw the 4th; he'd definitely be gone by our pick, IMO.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:51 PM 11-29-2021
Yup - scratch Hutchenson off the list. He's in the mix for first defensive player selected at this point. Man he was just dominant on Saturday.
Starting to look like Ojabo may go top 15 as well. Le sigh.
[Reply]
Dante84 05:27 PM 11-29-2021
Is Metchie going to be available when we pick? He was cold-blooded this past weekend.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:55 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Is Metchie going to be available when we pick? He was cold-blooded this past weekend.

It’s likely one of Metchie, Jameson Williams, Garret Wilson or Chris olave will be available to the Chiefs at 32.

Not sure all end up being worth a pick that high. Metchie is most likely to be available, but he has struggled against man press this year, so…
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:56 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Starting to look like Ojabo may go top 15 as well. Le sigh.
Well, I mean...they can't ALL go top 15. I mean...only 15 of 'em can.
[Reply]
Dante84 07:04 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It’s likely one of Metchie, Jameson Williams, Garret Wilson or Chris olave will be available to the Chiefs at 32.

Not sure all end up being worth a pick that high. Metchie is most likely to be available, but he has struggled against man press this year, so…
Well shit. Last thing we need is another Hardman.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up