ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 26
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Defense thread***
BigRedChief 08:08 PM 09-21-2021
Discuss all things defense

When you're so bad at run defense you make it a legitimately good choice to run the ball at you consistently, that's pretty impressive(ly bad). https://t.co/hFnQIuLKqe

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) September 21, 2021

[Reply]
ModSocks 11:46 AM 09-22-2021
In this Baldy Breakdown he's talks Lamar Jackson. But just focus on what our defense is doing. The LB's got toasted man.

[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:48 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
The Dline isn't getting blown off the ball. I don't see that at all.

But good god, watch Hitchens on every snap.

This is exactly wtf i was talking about. He guessed wrong ALLLLL night. Bolton too.

Bolton and Hitchens got worked. We been talking Dline all week....that's wrong boys. Look at our LB's. They're out of position almost every goddamn play. Baltimore was running right at the holes they vacated.

They threw at them too.

That slant that Hollywood Brown took deep into Chiefs territory was Bolton biting hard on the PA and leaving his zone wide the **** open for the easy slant and go.
Hitchens is indeed awful. However, this defense never looked that bad last year. Has he regressed? It can't be because of Gay's absence. Gay didn't play much last year anyway.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:48 AM 09-22-2021
Put this in another thread, it's better here:

So after licking my wounds i got back to watching some of this Balt/Chiefs game.

I came away realizing that Hitchens and Bolton have been getting a pass on this poor run defense. We've been laying everything at the feet of the Dline, and we're wrong about that. Dead ****ing wrong. Sure, there were containment issues here and there, but they were exacerbated by some really poor play recognition on behalf of Bolton/Hitchens.

I honestly think it may have been Hitchens' worst game as a Chiefs.

If you go back and review most of Balt's big plays, our LB's completely bit hard on play fakes and RPO's and left lanes wide the **** open.

We should be putting heat on those two dudes and easing up on the Dline.
On the Jeff Allen and Mike DeVito podcast, Mike basically said the linebackers and DL arent on the same page and thats a huge problem. And it makes sense thinking back to a few times two guys hit the same gap leaving another one wide open.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:52 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Hitchens is indeed awful. However, this defense never looked that bad last year. Has he regressed? It can't be because of Gay's absence. Gay didn't play much last year anyway.
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
On the Jeff Allen and Mike DeVito podcast, Mike basically said the linebackers and DL arent on the same page and thats a huge problem. And it makes sense thinking back to a few times two guys hit the same gap leaving another one wide open.
It wasn't just the run game either, Bolton was beat with the same fucking pass play 3 fucking times that ive counted thus far, one of them went for almost 30 yards.

It was the same fake to the RB outside, Bolton comes up, Brown runs a slant behind him that goes for a big gain. They went to that well at least 3 times and it worked every time.
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 11:55 AM 09-22-2021
We started the season out against arguably the top two run-game teams. Of course our run defence wont look good. Things will improve dramatically as time goes on.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:57 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by Mahomes_Is_God:
We started the season out against arguably the top two run-game teams. Of course our run defence wont look good. Things will improve dramatically as time goes on.
"Top 2 running teams", sure. But this isn't an issue in which they just lined up and physically kicked the Chief's ass. This is a matter of guys not doing their job and guessing wrong.

I think it's a coaching thing and i think it gets fixed too.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 12:01 PM 09-22-2021
It better because I wouldn't be surprised if we play one of these teams again this season.
[Reply]
-King- 12:03 PM 09-22-2021
Eh. In 2020 we were bad against the run for the first 6 games. Good against the run the rest of the regular season. And then we were flat out disgustingly abysmal in the post season.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:15 PM 09-22-2021
The Seahawks defense last year was historically bad for half of the season and then found a way to turn things around. Imo the key to our SB run in 19 was that Titans defeat..the guys had to look at themselves in the mirror after Henry ran them off the field that day and after that things changed. Imo there were too many odd things going in the ravens game like Tyran and Clark playing their first games in nearly a month..Jones not adapting well at DE..Bolton making rookie errors, Dan & Neimann effing up as usual, Ward continues to regress, Reed has done nothing and Nnadi still looks injured..problems at ALL levels have accounted for this mess..but we do still have the base for a decent defense if Spaggs goes back to basics. Veach is surely looking at the situation aswell from a personel point of view I hope.
[Reply]
TEX 01:45 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
The Seahawks defense last year was historically bad for half of the season and then found a way to turn things around. Imo the key to our SB run in 19 was that Titans defeat..the guys had to look at themselves in the mirror after Henry ran them off the field that day and after that things changed. Imo there were too many odd things going in the ravens game like Tyran and Clark playing their first games in nearly a month..Jones not adapting well at DE..Bolton making rookie errors, Dan & Neimann effing up as usual, Ward continues to regress, Reed has done nothing and Nnadi still looks injured..problems at ALL levels have accounted for this mess..but we do still have the base for a decent defense if Spaggs goes back to basics. Veach is surely looking at the situation aswell from a personel point of view I hope.
And as bad as it was, in spite of all that you mentioned, the Chiefs were in position to win the game at the end, but did not, due to one more odd thing happening.
[Reply]
-King- 01:49 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
They signed Carlos Dunlap who went on to have 5 sacks in 8 games. Had nothing to do with looking in the mirror.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 02:24 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
They signed Carlos Dunlap who went on to have 5 sacks in 8 games. Had nothing to do with looking in the mirror.
Where did I say the Seahawks looked in the mirror? Hawks were bad at all levels too especially their secondary so it wasn't just about Dunlap.
[Reply]
TEX 02:36 PM 09-22-2021
"Top 2 running teams", sure. But this isn't an issue in which they just lined up and physically kicked the Chief's ass. This is a matter of guys not doing their job and guessing wrong.

I think it's a coaching thing and i think it gets fixed too.
They pretty much did line up and kick the Chiefs' asses running the ball..:-)
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 02:45 PM 09-22-2021
1. Hitchens and Sorenson suck balls. Bolton has the excuse of being a rookie playing in his second game, with said ball-suckers giving him no help.

2. Jones should be taking 100% of his snaps as a DT. He's ineffective against the run, and is not a consistent edge rusher. Put anyone else in at LDE, and leave Jones at his natural position.

3. I hope Gay can stay healthy. His physical tools are exactly what the D needs.
[Reply]
bigjosh 03:35 PM 09-22-2021
Schefter posted this, think he could be worth a shit here?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 26
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up