ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 71
« First < 303637383940 4142434450 > Last »
Media Center>MCU Meta Discussion
DaFace 05:54 PM 07-16-2019
The various movies obviously deserve their own threads once things actually start moving on them, but it seems like we should have a place just for general discussion about what they're planning. So here ya go.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:06 PM 11-05-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:

YAS! Hopefully it's as good as the 90s cartoon, one of my alltime faves.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:33 PM 11-05-2021

#BlackPantherWakandaForever's production is reportedly planning to resume in early 2022 once #LetitiaWright recovers from her injury... Full details: https://t.co/ct7nu8XzU8 pic.twitter.com/1g6NmuF8Su

— MCU - The Direct (@MCU_Direct) November 5, 2021

[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:42 PM 11-06-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
This more or less confirms she’s gonna be the lead.
[Reply]
Jamie 01:24 PM 11-08-2021
Shuri becoming Black Panther is the least interesting option to me. I thought they might do something like Shuri realizing she's not cut out for it, and Okoye or M'Baku takes over. Really the more time that's passed, I think they probably just should have recast T'Challa. Obviously I get why they didn't, but it's such a shame to waste that character.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:42 PM 11-08-2021
M'Baku would be my first choice, though it would be pretty cool if they were to bring him in somehow as a snowy ape-themed hero. I wish it wouldn't be super lame for them to Multiverse it up and bring in a decent version of Killmonger.

Also, I hadn't considered how they're going to kill off T'Challa in the MCU..
[Reply]
Direckshun 02:49 PM 11-09-2021
Originally Posted by Jamie:
Shuri becoming Black Panther is the least interesting option to me. I thought they might do something like Shuri realizing she's not cut out for it, and Okoye or M'Baku takes over. Really the more time that's passed, I think they probably just should have recast T'Challa. Obviously I get why they didn't, but it's such a shame to waste that character.
It absolutely makes the most sense for Nakia to assume the banner.

Shuri already has a gig, she's the new Tony Stark gadget end-around for all plot points.

M'Baku is a fantastic character, but it's problematic for a franchise whose top three actors aside from Boseman are all women and the franchise had to find a man for them to all rally around instead of any of them individually. I know some will hate that political answer, but it's very real.

They've showed over and over again how Okoye is dedicated to the Dora Milaje.

Nakia is largely unmoored in the absence of T'Challa, but has shown some fighting ability, is a spy, and has the mantle of T'Challa as a sort-of beau rolling around in the back of her mind. Plus Nakia's actress is possibly the best in the MCU.
[Reply]
Mennonite 04:16 PM 11-09-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
snowy ape-themed hero

This made me laugh.
[Reply]
Rausch 05:04 PM 11-09-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Patiently bracing for Rausch's impact.

I doubt that they can properly tell this story within the limited constraints of the MCU, unless they obviously come up with a completely new story. Which I'm guessing they will. Which I'm guessing will piss Rausch off royally.
Yup.

The basis of the story is all of Hulk's "friends" give up on him living a normal life and ship him off to a planet he has no way home from. Hulk has adventures and learns that might doesn't make right (long story short, excellent story, read it.) Hulk is finally happy - then something happens that ruins it all and he heads back to earth for revenge.

They've already ruined the setting in the Thor movie so that's out. Based on current events Hulk is now an American hero so I see no way he becomes hated and feared over night. Plus something bad enough has to happen that Banner hates his friends more than Hulk does. With current events I don't see how that happens.

As much as I'd love to see this movie I'm worried about 2 things:

1) Its time has passed. There was a great opportunity and they opted out. I hate to admit that but it's true.

2) Politics. Instead of a story about morality, mercy, and change it will become about politics.

I can't recommend Planet Hulk or WWH enough. They start off like boring cliched stories but really gear up. I missed them when they came out and borrowed my copies from Kim.com but they're worth the price...
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:37 PM 11-13-2021

Yesterday we were able to get our first look at #NickFury in #Marvel's #SecretInvasion:https://t.co/MNV9yobuvi

— The Illuminerdi (@The_Illuminerdi) November 13, 2021

[Reply]
unlurking 04:34 PM 11-30-2021
Anyone else watch Hit Monkey? Thought it was a lot of fun...

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:03 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Anyone else watch Hit Monkey? Thought it was a lot of fun...

Yep, it was something that Tarentino would shell out if he decided to direct or produce an animated series.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:10 AM 12-07-2021

#MarvelStudios president Kevin Feige has addressed if Netflix's other Marvel characters will join Charlie Cox's #Daredevil in returning to the #MCU: "All will be revealed when people actually finally watch..." Full quote: https://t.co/4giWv2h2vD pic.twitter.com/lDjOB0Ahm3

— MCU - The Direct (@MCU_Direct) December 6, 2021

[Reply]
Direckshun 10:11 AM 12-07-2021
Just thinking out loud:

I'm not sure how much sense the Netflix Punisher makes in the proper MCU, given that Hawkeye was basically that character as Ronin.

Luke Cage and Jessica Jones would make a ton of sense in the proper MCU. Both are fantastic, flawed characters grounded with outstanding actors, and both offer perspectives that no other current MCU protagonist offers.

Iron Fist doesn't seem like a good fit, however, given how weak the actor is and the success of Shang Chi anyway.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:20 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Just thinking out loud:

I'm not sure how much sense the Netflix Punisher makes in the proper MCU, given that Hawkeye was basically that character as Ronin.

Luke Cage and Jessica Jones would make a ton of sense in the proper MCU. Both are fantastic, flawed characters grounded with outstanding actors, and both offer perspectives that no other current MCU protagonist offers.

Iron Fist doesn't seem like a good fit, however, given how weak the actor is and the success of Shang Chi anyway.
Punisher doesn’t need to fit in the proper MCU, they just need to get and keep his series back up and running.
[Reply]
Jamie 07:18 PM 12-07-2021
The rumor is that even when they're using the same actors, the characters are being rebooted into the MCU and the Netflix shows aren't MCU canon.
[Reply]
Page 40 of 71
« First < 303637383940 4142434450 > Last »
Up