ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 69
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Media Center>MCU Meta Discussion
DaFace 05:54 PM 07-16-2019
The various movies obviously deserve their own threads once things actually start moving on them, but it seems like we should have a place just for general discussion about what they're planning. So here ya go.
[Reply]
unlurking 08:25 PM 08-10-2021
Just a reminder that What If drops tomorrow...

[Reply]
Simply Red 10:50 PM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Include Jane Foster as Mighty Thor or female Thor which is awesome

The Eternals as well.

Also Hawkeye show

@RottenTomatoes: MCU's Phase 4:
#BlackWidow May 1, 2020
#Eternals - Nov 6, 2020
Falcon & The Winter Soldier - Fall 2020
#ShangChi - Feb 12, 2021
#WandaVision - Spring 2021
#Loki - Spring 2021
#DoctorStrange - May 7, 2021
#WhatIf -Summer 2021
#Hawkeye - Fall 2021
#Thor - Nov 5, 2021
#Blade - TBD https://twitter.com/RottenTomatoes/s...850816/photo/1

Ok yeah - I knew I remembered hearing of the Eternals dropping, not as excited about that addition.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:52 PM 08-10-2021
I'm glad to hear Kang the Conqueror will get some love finally. Such an awesome villain!
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:22 AM 08-11-2021

ICYMI: #WhatIf...? director #BryanAndrews explains how the late #ChadwickBoseman didn't just read his lines but performed them like he was in a play. / #MarvelStudios #DisneyPlus #BlackPanther #GOTG #StarLord https://t.co/nKwVUObPKe

— Bleeding Cool (@bleedingcool) August 11, 2021

[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:40 AM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Just a reminder that What If drops tomorrow...

Don't know what I was expecting. There was a BIT of fun, but it was pretty trite and ham-handed.

The alternative narrative carries interesting potential, but the first episode was just hammering and hammering and hammering that the Allies in WWII were fightin' Natzees, but man they really thought womenfolk were dumb and weak.

Fully expected a soldier to shout 'bake me a casserole, wench' at some point.

And if anyone was thinking of making a drinking game out of mentions of Steve and Peggy's 'dance.' Save yourself the coma and potential death by alohol poisoning.
[Reply]
unlurking 06:47 AM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Don't know what I was expecting. There was a BIT of fun, but it was pretty trite and ham-handed.

The alternative narrative carries interesting potential, but the first episode was just hammering and hammering and hammering that the Allies in WWII were fightin' Natzees, but man they really thought womenfolk were dumb and weak.

Fully expected a soldier to shout 'bake me a casserole, wench' at some point.

And if anyone was thinking of making a drinking game out of mentions of Steve and Peggy's 'dance.' Save yourself the coma and potential death by alohol poisoning.
Yeah. I thought the combat scenes were fun, but it was definitely heavy handed with the little woman thing. Although Peggy's "in the room" comment at the end did make me chuckle.

Add to the drinking game every time someone calls Steve by his full name. It was super odd to hear his best friend and people in the middle of combat screaming Steve Rogers instead of just Steve. I get they were trying to emphasize that he's no longer Captain America in this universe, but damn, ease up.

Agree on the Allies vz Nazi hammering too. I think overall, the entire episode was just heavy handed. While I did enjoy it, it really did feel like the writers were trying to force feed everything to you.

I was actually excited to see the new Iron Man in this one. Based on the trailer, I'm assuming there's more to come for Captain Carter. I hope they ease up on everything. Based on the ham-fisted approach to basically everything, I think it's less about pushing an agenda and more about a rare case where a cartoon is actually meant for kids who tend to be a bit dense? :-)

I'll give the 2nd episode a try, but I may not stick with this one long.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:30 AM 08-12-2021

BREAKING: #SamuelLJackson has confirmed his return as #NickFury in #CaptainMarvel2: THE MARVELS! Details: https://t.co/zTbcFl48HY pic.twitter.com/X6gFQBk4Cy

— MCU - The Direct (@MCU_Direct) August 12, 2021

[Reply]
Fish 11:59 AM 08-12-2021
What if...

Wasn't really impressed. Rah rah girl power with pretty lame script. Weak first episode. Funny seeing skinny little Steve flirting with Big Momma Peggy though. Awkward...
[Reply]
Jamie 01:06 PM 08-12-2021
Peggy and Steve

The girl power stuff didn't bother me, but I thought they got too cute with the references to the main continuity. The dance stuff, Bucky's arm. They might as well have literally winked at the camera.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:35 PM 08-12-2021

#MarvelStudios' team has developed "the rule book for all the stories that we tell in the Multiverse moving forward," reveals producer Brad Winderbaum: "It's thrilling, we're in the middle of it!" Full quote: https://t.co/CB48oPtyxm pic.twitter.com/k3qwASPAYo

— MCU - The Direct (@MCU_Direct) August 12, 2021

[Reply]
Rausch 04:13 PM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Yeah, we've been on to that for quite some time now...
[Reply]
Rausch 04:15 PM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
What if...

Wasn't really impressed. Rah rah girl power with pretty lame script. .

That's the M-SHE-U now...
[Reply]
Rausch 04:17 PM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
This is just someone making things up in case that's not clear.
Based on their last few movies it would be smart marketing...
[Reply]
Bowser 08:16 PM 08-12-2021
I liked that they got nearly all the original actors to voice their characters, that was a cool touch. As for the story, "ham-fisted" describes it well. I'm a What If? nerd, so I'll hang in there for now, but I do hope the stories improve dramatically and quickly.
[Reply]
Fish 10:30 PM 08-12-2021
Gotta stick around for the zombie episode at least. Marvel Zombies was a really fun little series...
[Reply]
Page 32 of 69
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Up