ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 110 of 2681
« First < 1060100106107108109110 1111121131141201602106101110 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:34 AM 05-04-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I know a lot of people disagree, but i think Smith has trade value. His contract isn't over the top and he's proven to be reliable and not turn over prone.

He's the perfect stop gap QB and there's always 3-4 teams every year looking for one of those.
My biggest fear is that he's traded to the Jags. They have a lot of talent, but a big sack of brainfarts at QB, not far from the Texans.

Lord help us if the Jags cause additional playoff heartache 5-6 years from now.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:37 AM 05-04-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
My biggest fear is that he's traded to the Jags. They have a lot of talent, but a big sack of brainfarts at QB, not far from the Texans.

The Colts with Ballard are more scary than any team in that division going forward IMO
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:38 AM 05-04-2017
My biggest fear is that he's traded to the Jags.
:-)

Yeah man, the Jags are going to be taking that division from Andrew Luck and Marcus Mariota any day now...just because of 35-year old Alex Smith.

You silly homer.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:48 AM 05-04-2017

Your big concern is that the Jaguars, in another division, 5-6 YEARS from now, are causing playoff heartache with ALEX SMITH?
[Reply]
RunKC 11:58 AM 05-04-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The Colts with Ballard are more scary than any team in that division going forward IMO
Titans are scary too man. They have been building a monster.

NFC South is crazy though. Thank god we don't play in that division
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:03 PM 05-04-2017
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Your big concern is that the Jaguars, in another division, 5-6 YEARS from now, are causing playoff heartache with ALEX SMITH?
Yeah, my 'big concern.'

I'll cut you a little slack, since I see how you could get confused since I carelessly conflated 'biggest fear,' where Alex to Jacksonville would be the worst move in terms of our own interests.

But that doesn't mean I'm concerned that it will happen, or spend much time wondering about if it would.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:13 PM 05-04-2017
All my Mahomies, give this Kliff Kingsbury interview from the other day a read. A lot of great insight in here. ----> http://arrowheadaddict.com/2017/05/0...ech-andy-reid/

For some reason I can't copy anything from the interview to paste it here, but it will get you really excited. Don't miss it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:18 PM 05-04-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
All my Mahomies, give this Kliff Kingsbury interview from the other day a read. A lot of great insight in here. ----> http://arrowheadaddict.com/2017/05/0...ech-andy-reid/

For some reason I can't copy anything from the interview to paste it here, but it will get you really excited. Don't miss it.
Yep....totally going to take two years.

Originally Posted by :
You’ve undoubtedly heard the categories that Patrick has been placed into by the aforementioned talking heads. Do you agree in some ways with what they have to say? Do you think it’s overblown how much time he might need to learn?

I think it’s based on the circumstances for each individual player. I know Coach Reid understands that if Pat were forced to play early, he’s going to have things in that Pat does really well. He’s probably going to have him shotgun most of the time. He’s going to have concepts that match up with what he did in college that he’s comfortable with. It’s the same thing you saw the Cowboys do with Dak Prescott. They didn’t ask him to do things he’s not good at. They played to his strengths that allowed him to play at a high level.

That’s what the great offensive minds do. That’s what the great quarterback coaches like Andy Reid do. You watch Kansas City’s offense and he does a lot of college-type things in his offense, when you talk about spread or quick motions and finding ways to get it to Tyreek. So I don’t think it’s going to take Patrick very long. He’s a very sharp kid, the Big 12 scholar athlete of the year in our conference, so he’ll pick things up and work hard and I also know Coach Reid will adapt to Patrick’s strengths.

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:18 PM 05-04-2017
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
The hell??? :-):-):-)
[Reply]
staylor26 12:21 PM 05-04-2017

Even KK couldn't help but mention Reek's name :-)

You know Pat and him are going to be tied at the hip.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:25 PM 05-04-2017
My favorite part was of KK's interview was probably the part where he's basically saying what we all believe to be true-- 2PM has some really elite traits (he mentioned the throwing ability, awareness, ability to extend plays) that some of the best coaches in the league obviously took notice of.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:26 PM 05-04-2017
All my Mahomies, give this Kliff Kingsbury interview from the other day a read. A lot of great insight in here.
How interested did the Chiefs seem throughout the entire process?

I knew that the Chiefs were very interested early on in the season. One of my good friends, Mike Smith, coaches there and so I had a feel for their liking of Pat.

Mike Smith is an important part of this entire deal. He was on the Tech coaching staff from 2013-2015, so he saw Mahomes up close from the recruiting process in 2013 all the way through Mahomes' sophomore year in 2015. I would guess the Chiefs staff trusted his input in addition to anything they heard from Kliff.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:27 PM 05-04-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Yep....totally going to take two years.
By all accounts, it sounds like Mahomes is smart in every way possible.

The two-year dream is merely that for the Tigger's of the world.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:30 PM 05-04-2017

That's the point.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:47 PM 05-04-2017
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
That's the point.
Other people have been able to, so I don't know what the deal was.
[Reply]
Page 110 of 2681
« First < 1060100106107108109110 1111121131141201602106101110 > Last »
Up