« First < 45678 91011121858 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Chris Jones Thread****
Dante84 05:36 PM 04-29-2016
He's our guy: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...t-chris-jones/

Coming to KC soon. #Salute pic.twitter.com/dFDRuUdDt3

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 30, 2016

Here's a bunch of his tape:

Spoiler!

.@PFF_Mike explains why the Chiefs just landed a highly-underrated DT in Chris Jones. https://t.co/b0G66chLl5 pic.twitter.com/iVQ0KXqY7s

— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) April 29, 2016

My scouting report on #Chiefs DL Chris Jones, who I believe has elite potential in NFLhttps://t.co/Nc2mJFYJEn pic.twitter.com/pIlxuf67iz

— Jon Ledyard (@LedyardNFLDraft) April 29, 2016

[Reply]
Strongside 06:03 PM 04-29-2016
The pundits are universally raving about this pick.

I'm not giving an opinion because I haven't studied up on this kid, but the media seem to love it.
[Reply]
rico 06:03 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
We've turned Allen Bailey and Jaye Howard into studs.

Why wouldn't we do the same thing with this talented SOB?
This is pretty much where I am at with it.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 06:03 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
This guy is one of the more dominant talents in the draft. This board is mostly dumb AF. People hated the Poe pick too.
I loved the Poe pick.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:03 PM 04-29-2016
810 AM just said that scouts around the NFL called this guy a Malik Jackson clone.

Damn
[Reply]
listopencil 06:04 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by Coach:
It could be possible that he's Poe's replacement, if Poe becomes too expensive for the Chiefs. But for now, I think he'll get here and there across the board on the D-Line.
Sure. I would imagine that they will pepper him along the line and bring him along slowly. It would be the sensible thing to do.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:04 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
Alexander was suppose to be a 1st round pick would have been a steal a-hole
:-)

4. MACKENSIE ALEXANDER, Clemson (5-10 ½, 189, 4.49, 1-2): Third-year sophomore. "Reminds me of Darrelle Revis," one scout said. "He just looks so confident out there. 'I am good, you're not going to beat me.' But he's not real physical and I thought he'd run a lot faster than he did." Another said the voluble Alexander "will talk you to death." Said a third scout: "Loves football. Kind of a selfish guy. More into just him. Probably quicker than fast. I just didn't see great top-end speed." Started 26 games, finishing with 44 tackles (four for loss), no picks and 11 PBUs. Wonderlic of 12. "Other than Kelvin Benjamin a couple years ago, in the ACC he has not faced up with much," a fourth scout said. "He's got to play inside. He's not ready for prime time outside. I see guys separate on him every now and then. I do think he's a good athlete and can become a starter. He's highly confident and ain't afraid to tell everybody. He's third round for me." Son of Haitian migrant workers. Lives in Immokalee, Fla.
[Reply]
Bwana 06:04 PM 04-29-2016
Jones is going to wreck it.
[Reply]
RustShack 06:04 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
and that worked out so well with dee ford right...
What's wrong with Dee Ford? Mad he's been developing behind Hali and Houston? Are you too stupid to realize it's normal to take a few years to develop? Playing right away is the exception, not the rule. All great teams draft BPA, and develop.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:05 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
What is everyone's obsession with bringing in starters? .
Because they're experts at drafting in Madden and they know that every guy on the web who couldn't get a job as an nfl scout's transcriber's intern's assistant is a go-to source for draft insight.

Or they just don't understand how good teams draft long term. Which is understandable, since we've been put through decades of Carl Peterson and Scott Pioli.
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 06:06 PM 04-29-2016
So Poe is as good as gone huh. Makes me sad.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 06:06 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by RustShack:
What's wrong with Dee Ford? Mad he's been developing behind Hali and Houston? Are you too stupid to realize it's normal to take a few years to develop? Playing right away is the exception, not the rule. All great teams draft BPA, and develop.
Beside one good game vs the chargers abysmal o-line he has been woefully underwhelming.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:06 PM 04-29-2016
Love this pick.
[Reply]
Iczer 06:08 PM 04-29-2016
Sorry if this has already been asked. Outside of Chris Jones reviews being very good, etc. Am I the only one slightly concerned on using a high 2nd round pick on a rotational player where we already have depth? I understand some say this mean Poe will be gone or whatever. That's to be determined. I'm just amazed we didn't address a bigger need to fill a potential starter and be more of an impact.
[Reply]
Coach 04-29-2016, 06:08 PM
This message has been deleted by Coach.
mdchiefsfan 06:09 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Xavien Howard

Howard is all about potential. When he gets it right, he looks like Richard Sherman. Has the kind of length and ability to run deep with players that can make it very hard to find a window to complete the pass on him.

He’s another player that fits the size and speed profile NFL teams are looking for, stands over 6-feet tall, clears 200-pounds, and ran a 4.41 second 40-yard dash

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ard-cb-baylor/

So you feel he has more talent than Jones? Not nit picking, just asking.
[Reply]
Captain Obvious 06:09 PM 04-29-2016
Welcome to #DongTown
[Reply]
Page 8 of 59
« First < 45678 91011121858 > Last »
Up