« First < 34567 8910111757 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Chris Jones Thread****
Dante84 05:36 PM 04-29-2016
He's our guy: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...t-chris-jones/

Coming to KC soon. #Salute pic.twitter.com/dFDRuUdDt3

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 30, 2016

Here's a bunch of his tape:

Spoiler!

.@PFF_Mike explains why the Chiefs just landed a highly-underrated DT in Chris Jones. https://t.co/b0G66chLl5 pic.twitter.com/iVQ0KXqY7s

— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) April 29, 2016

My scouting report on #Chiefs DL Chris Jones, who I believe has elite potential in NFLhttps://t.co/Nc2mJFYJEn pic.twitter.com/pIlxuf67iz

— Jon Ledyard (@LedyardNFLDraft) April 29, 2016

[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 05:57 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by New World Order:
That's his entire college career
But he isn't a CB!!!!
[Reply]
RustShack 05:58 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
if Gaines goes down this year it will make this pick look even more shitty.
Good thing we have a front 7 that gets pressure and makes the CB's job easier. The draft isn't over, still time for a CB.
[Reply]
Dante84 05:58 PM 04-29-2016

[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 05:58 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
Alexander was suppose to be a 1st round pick would have been a steal a-hole
I thought so, but apparently, no other scout department agrees. Be a man, and deal with it.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 05:58 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yeah, because the Chiefs would have been better off reaching for a CB rather than taking the BPA.

:-)

Cry some more, Bitch.
BOOM!
[Reply]
rico 05:58 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
As long as we don't play Shaun Smith, he should be OK.
It's hard to think of Chris Jones and Shaun Smith without having testicles on the mind.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 05:59 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
Name a CB that could start, was available when we picked, and has more overall talent than Jones.
Alexander Xavier ????
[Reply]
listopencil 05:59 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Well, my point was that DeVito was a 3-4 DE who played decent # of snaps at the NT. Jones will play DeVito's role but will do much better at NT than DeVito. Which could really help us get Poe off the field every once in a while.

Oh, OK, I misunderstood you. I was thinking you meant put him in as the nose on a regular basis.
[Reply]
rico 06:00 PM 04-29-2016
Whatever. Let's roll, Jones!!!
[Reply]
New World Order 06:00 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
Name a CB that could start, was available when we picked, and has more overall talent than Jones.

Xavien Howard

Howard is all about potential. When he gets it right, he looks like Richard Sherman. Has the kind of length and ability to run deep with players that can make it very hard to find a window to complete the pass on him.

He’s another player that fits the size and speed profile NFL teams are looking for, stands over 6-feet tall, clears 200-pounds, and ran a 4.41 second 40-yard dash

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ard-cb-baylor/
[Reply]
jonzie04 06:00 PM 04-29-2016
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...t-chris-jones/

"To some degree I believe a team can motivate a guy to bring effort on a more consistent basis, but it’s still a big red flag. What’s crazy, however, is even with a handful of poor plays he still graded out so dominantly. If he puts it all together, Jones’ ceiling is as high as anyone in this class, and the scary thing is he’s barely scratching the surface right now.

Where does that kind of potential fit in the NFL draft? I’m on record in the PFF offices saying I’d take him in the top five picks, but more realistically, with the risk he presents I’d say once he slips past pick No. 10 the value is too good to pass up. The pick No. 11-14 range of Chicago, New Orleans, Miami and Oakland is the sweet spot where every team could benefit from his services. Anywhere farther down than that and one very lucky team is getting the steal of the draft."
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:02 PM 04-29-2016
Just keep accumulating talent. Some of you guys are HUUUUUGE morons.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 06:02 PM 04-29-2016
This guy is one of the more dominant talents in the draft. This board is mostly dumb AF. People hated the Poe pick too.
[Reply]
Coach 06:02 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Oh, OK, I misunderstood you. I was thinking you meant put him in as the nose on a regular basis.
It could be possible that he's Poe's replacement, if Poe becomes too expensive for the Chiefs. But for now, I think he'll get here and there across the board on the D-Line.
[Reply]
listopencil 06:02 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Zero career interceptions and a liabily in run defend.

Meh.

I figured he'd go bottom of the first or top of the second. He's a disruptive influence and he has the physical tools to be an impact player. It's not a bad pick.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 59
« First < 34567 8910111757 > Last »
Up