Page 15 of 15
« First < 51112131415
Nzoner's Game Room>Hardman is a liability
treeguy27 06:51 PM 11-07-2021
Two almost fumbles
Dropped first down to kill a drive
Muffed punt
Poor decision on another punt

He actually made a critical catch to get a first down.... then almost gave it all up with a un-sportsman like penalty. Dude is making way more negative plays than positive plays.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:24 AM 12-17-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They need more than a draft pick at WR. This system doesn't favor rookies getting significant snaps, regardless of talent.

They're going to have to be aggressive in free agency and the draft to truly get what they need IMO.
I think we need to add one veteran WR and at least 1 draft pick, maybe 2.

Some rookies I expect to contribute more and faster. London already runs precise routes, he will be useful day 1.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:26 AM 12-17-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I think we need to add one veteran WR and at least 1 draft pick, maybe 2.

Some rookies I expect to contribute more and faster. London already runs precise routes, he will be useful day 1.
He will have have to learn the playbook AND earn playing time with Reid.

Neither of those things are likely to happen at the beginning of the season.

They need a vet as the #2 guy and a couple draft picks to develop.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:36 AM 12-17-2021

I think our experience with Hardman shouldn't lower our expectations.

Hardman came into the NFL not being able to run routes. If we had drafted a Mclaurin or a Diontae Johnson there would have been a far faster transition.

I do agree we need to pick up at least 1 quality veteran WR though.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:38 AM 12-17-2021

Agree on this, and I like Drake London as a target with #32. He's fluid and worked inside and outside at USC. Reminds me a lot of Justin Jefferson, or a bigger Keenan Allen.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:41 AM 12-17-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Agree on this, and I like Drake London as a target with #32. He's fluid and worked inside and outside at USC. Reminds me a lot of Justin Jefferson, or a bigger Keenan Allen.
Yeah, I get some people see London and think that he is one of those large catch radius WR prospects that often flame out but his route running is so good.

I think he would be another awesome target for Mahomes as teams would not be able to handle him and he could beat you short or deeper down the field.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:41 AM 12-17-2021
I think our experience with Hardman shouldn't lower our expectations.

Hardman came into the NFL not being able to run routes. If we had drafted a Mclaurin or a Diontae Johnson there would have been a far faster transition.

I do agree we need to pick up at least 1 quality veteran WR though.
It doesn't have anything to do with Hardman. Andy Reid WR's are notoriously slow starters. It's just a fact of life with Reid as a head coach. In fact, Reid's history with drafted WR's not named Tyreek Hill is pretty freaking sketchy.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:41 AM 12-17-2021

OMFG, CP, get over it already. Tired of reading this same goddamn argument over Hardman.

"Oh we coulda drafted such such". Every team can make that argument about someone. Who fucking cares. It happened. Move on.

MOVE ON.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:42 AM 12-17-2021
Yeah, I get some people see London and think that he is one of those large catch radius WR prospects that often flame out but his route running is so good.

I think he would be another awesome target for Mahomes as teams would not be able to handle him and he could beat you short or deeper down the field.
I wouldn't mind drafting him but I have a problem thinking he's going to come in and contribute heavily right away. No drafted WR is going to do that IMO.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:45 AM 12-17-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
OMFG, CP, get over it already. Tired of reading this same goddamn argument over Hardman.

"Oh we coulda drafted such such". Every team can make that argument about someone. Who ****ing cares. It happened. Move on.

MOVE ON.
I have moved on. Sounds like you are very sensitive when discussing basic facts in "Is hardman a liability" thread.

In fact, we are discussing EXACTLY how we limit Mecole's presence on the field next year.

If he is the 4th or 5th guy and gets some gadget plays, great. I don't want him on the field much next year because if you haven't noticed Mahomes doesn't trust him.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:26 PM 12-17-2021
It doesn't have anything to do with Hardman. Andy Reid WR's are notoriously slow starters. It's just a fact of life with Reid as a head coach. In fact, Reid's history with drafted WR's not named Tyreek Hill is pretty freaking sketchy.
Except Hardman was a fast starter who disappeared. :-)
[Reply]
davewan 02:02 PM 12-17-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Except Hardman was a fast starter who disappeared. :-)
Agreed. His rookie year made him look really promising.

Hardman had fewer targets and receptions in his rookie year than last year, but had more touchdowns. He's had more targets and receptions this year than last, with fewer yards, fewer yards per reception and fewer touchdowns.

It's difficult to envision a scenario where the Chiefs can't replace him on next year's roster with a WR with more potential than Hardman's real performance.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:22 PM 12-17-2021
When we took Hardman we passed on DK Metcalf, Terry Mclaurin, and Diontae Johnson.

But what is done is done.

We need another NFL quality WR besides Cheetah.

KC scouts probably will go for someone like Olave but I think we could use a bigger Thielen.

Cheetah, London, and Kelce would be uncoverable. If you really want to get silly add Godwin or Allen Robinson in FA and we would have the scariest offense in NFL history.
He's mocked to us in a few mock drafts, I'd be very happy with him.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:30 PM 12-17-2021
You mean to tell me Freddie Mitchell -- the great Fredex is not a hall of famer?
[Reply]
Page 15 of 15
« First < 51112131415
Up