ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 19
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Media Center>NFBT: Any guitarists out there?
nmt1 01:42 PM 03-05-2002
Hey guys:

Just starting out on the guitar and I'm wanting to buy an electric. I don't have much money and would like to find one that would be cheap and good for a beginner. I've seen some Fender and Ibanez guitars that aren't expensive. Any suggestions?
[Reply]
booger 01:33 AM 12-28-2002
Thanks for all of the info guys. Mcan's seagull site was a good read about what to look for.

I finally purchased my acoustic electric. I was choosing between a Fender, a Takamine, and an Ibanez. All for about the 350-600 $$$$$ range. Fenders just aint as good as they used to be. They must not be using the quality materials they claim to be. I liked the other two pretty well. The sales guy then said they had a used Alvarez model RD 30 SC dreadnought cutaway with a hardshell case for $$$240. I was skeptical to buy a used one but this won played as well as the new ones they had in. It was obviously very well taken care of and had a great tone to it as the wood has aged a little.

I ended up buying the used Alvarez. No dents or scratches and a natural finish. Case is in great condition also, like new. Sounds great unplugged and pretty cool when hooked up to a Fender Acoustic amp. I did not buy the amp but may look more at them in the future.

I have tried the Alvarez official site and searches on yahoo but can't find the model out there. I would like to see what the original manufactures date was. Does anyone know of any sites to look up models of brand name guitars? Alvarez is one of the better brands out there that i know of. What about sites that list values of guitars that are not new?

I really can't complain about price even when it is used. It sounds great and looks in new condition. Hardshell cases run about 100 bucks or so new. It was just re strung with Elixir poly web strings. supposed to be a good quality string. I have heard much about them. Kinda spendy at around 16 bucks a set. I'll have to try them out to see what it sounds like. They have a web site at www.elixirstrings.com

Anyway just wanted to say thanks for the advice to everyone. Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays and pumped for KC football this weekend. So tell me, who else got any music supplies or new toys for xmas?

:-) :-)
[Reply]
booger 01:34 AM 12-28-2002
Here is the specs on the guitar.

Body Style Cutaway Dreadnought

Back/Sides Mahogany

Top Solid Spruce

Finish Natural Gloss

Soundhole Rosette Black/White Multi-Layer

Body Binding Black/White Multi-Layer

Fingerboard Rosewood

Fingerboard Inlay Dots

Tuning Machines Chrome Die Cast

Bridge Rosewood

Electronics 3-band EQ Volume and tone controls, High, low, and Midrange. Contour control and battery check for 9V battery.
Attached: specs.gif (1.9 KB) 
[Reply]
booger 01:40 AM 12-28-2002
Cant find the same model i have on the net, but here is a picture of a different model that looks exactly like mine, finish and everything.
Attached: pd80c.gif (58.1 KB) 
[Reply]
booger 03:41 PM 01-11-2003
Help!! Need to find a tab.

For all of you Tab experts, I downloaded an acoustic Version of Led Zepplin's 'Black Dog'. Pretty big difference from the original version. Anyway I got it off of Kazza Lite and can't find the tab on any tab sites. Pretty cool song for any Zepplin fans.
[Reply]
nmt1 08:59 AM 01-14-2003
Booger:

Not sure if you're looking for free stuff or what but here's what I found:

Sheetmusic.com - This will cost you $25 but it's probably worth it.

Sheetmusic.com Led Zep - Got this list by searching for 'Black Dog' on the Sheetmusic.com site.

Olga.net - They've got about everything on this site. It's not professional stuff but I think most tabs are close enough to get you started.

Guitar Tab Universe - Didn't see Led Zep here but I didn't look real hard.

Tab Search Engine - You'll probably find it here.
[Reply]
Archie F. Swin 09:47 AM 01-14-2003

let's make some noise!
[Reply]
Braincase 09:59 AM 01-14-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by Chief Red Pants

let's make some noise!
That's nice. I've been enhancing my studio over Christmas...

Yamaha DD-55 Digital Drums
Line 6 Guitarport
Marshall 20 W Valvestate Amp
6 Danelectro Minipedals
1 Zoom 505 II Effects Processor
1 RP2000 Guitar Modeling Workstation
1 Ibanez Proline 1880
1 Ibanez Sabre
1 Alvarez Electric, w/ modulus graphite neck
1 Ovation Acoustic Electric
1 Fernandes Nomad, w/ built-in Zoom 505 effects processor

Now I just need to get a better combo. The Line 6 is fun, and the little Marshall is loud enough for around the house, but I think that'll be my next upgrade. Either that or a Roland Guitar Synthesizer setup.
[Reply]
nmt1 10:08 AM 01-15-2003
Braincase:

I've got a Guitar Port too though mine quits working and screws up the sound on my computer after being installed for a day or two. I'm guessing you don't have that problem. When it does work, it's cool.
Do you like the Zoom 505 II? I've got one but I don't see that it's that useful. Maybe I'm not using it right.
[Reply]
Braincase 10:45 AM 01-15-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by nmt1
Braincase:

I've got a Guitar Port too though mine quits working and screws up the sound on my computer after being installed for a day or two. I'm guessing you don't have that problem. When it does work, it's cool.
Do you like the Zoom 505 II? I've got one but I don't see that it's that useful. Maybe I'm not using it right.
I love the GuitarPort. I'm very happy with it, but you do have get the software and firmware upgrades. I've downloaded some lessons (Cliffs of Dover is incredible) and am very happy with the tone.

I really haven't spent any time with the Zoom unit, as I also acquired a Digitech RP2000 guitar modeling workstation, and it's all that , a bag of chips and a 6 pack.
Attached: rp2000.bmp (88.0 KB) 
[Reply]
Braincase 10:49 AM 01-15-2003
Here's a better look...
Attached: rp2000.jpg (10.8 KB) 
[Reply]
Lzen 02:23 PM 01-15-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by BrainCase
Here's a better look...
That's exactly the same one that I have. Definitely a great signal processor. :-)
[Reply]
Lzen 03:57 PM 01-15-2003
I found this on the Musician's Friend website. Nice guitar themes to put on your puter.

Guitar Desktop Themes
[Reply]
Braincase 11:41 AM 01-16-2003
Anybody have any experience with lawsuit Ibanez Les Paul copies? I might have a line on one and would like to know if any of you have ever owned/played one. I hear good things and the demand seems to be there so I'm a little curious.

TIA,
[Reply]
nmt1 11:44 AM 01-16-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by BrainCase
Anybody have any experience with lawsuit Ibanez Les Paul copies? I might have a line on one and would like to know if any of you have ever owned/played one. I hear good things and the demand seems to be there so I'm a little curious.

TIA,
Don't have a Les Paul copy but I love my S series model. Great quality and sound. I haven't been playing for a whole year yet but I'd say it's been a great guitar to learn on. Sorry, not much help.
[Reply]
Lzen 12:37 PM 01-16-2003
I don't know about an Ibanez Les Paul copy but, I have an Ibanez Strat copy. It's called a Gio. It was cheap and it's not a real great guitar. It would be alright for a beginner but, it's definitely not top quality. The Les Paul copy may be the same cheap guitar.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 19
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Up