ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Need Recommendations on a new Tablet...
Mr_Tomahawk 07:10 PM 01-16-2019
I am in need of a new tablet for the occasional field work I do for my employer. I say new because I have had a bad string of luck with refurbished desktops/notebooks in the past.

This doesn’t need to be the Ferrari of tablets....I basically just need to be able run OneNote and use a stylus on it...anything else is just extra. I also would like something smaller than a sheet a paper (less than an 8.5x11 screen).

So for all you tech heads out there...what are some economical options.

Fuck the Patriots.

Xoxo,
Tomahawk
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 08:12 PM 01-16-2019
Anybody have a a Samsung Galaxy...? That is one I’m running across frequently in my search results as well.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 08:20 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
Anybody have a a Samsung Galaxy...? That is one I’m running across frequently in my search results as well.
This is what I have narrowed down to. Might look into the Surface Go as well. I as well am just looking for something that I can write on with a good active stylus.

Considering a 2-1 as well.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 08:41 PM 01-16-2019
It’d also be nice if the stylus was built into the unit...
[Reply]
prhom 08:46 PM 01-16-2019
Yes, I just got a galaxy book 2 with the Snapdragon 850 processor. It’s badass. Not a full laptop replacement, but great for what it is. I wanted something that I could use on trips and airplanes without worrying about battery power, hotspots and VPN for email.

The battery lasts for days even with some solid use and is instant-on, no boot up or sleep unless you specifically put it to sleep. I upgraded from Windows 10 S to 10 Pro so it’s a full featured computer that is slightly larger than an iPad. There is a cellular modem for constant connection.

The only downside for me right now is my IT Dept is having trouble installing Cisco VPN software properly. Something is awry because their software is not native for the Snapdragon architecture. That is a big deal right now, but I’m hopeful it gets fixed eventually.

In 5 years most laptops will be like this one.
[Reply]
prhom 08:48 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
This is what I have narrowed down to. Might look into the Surface Go as well. I as well am just looking for something that I can write on with a good active stylus.

Considering a 2-1 as well.
I was looking at surface go too but the reviews made the processor sound almost unusable for anything beyond email and web browsing a few tabs open. I also wanted the keyboard to be somewhat useable and found the surface go to be just a bit too small.
[Reply]
rtmike 09:00 PM 01-16-2019
I’m normally a Samsung fanboy but their tablets have failed me miserably.

I, too, am looking for something to surf with only. I have the house pc for anything I might need made.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:04 PM 01-16-2019
Surface Pro - love mine
[Reply]
58-4ever 09:06 PM 01-16-2019
Dude, get a Surface. They are all good. Get the Surface GO if you're just browsing the Internet. Get the Pro if you're doing more than that.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:21 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by 58-4ever:
Dude, get a Surface. They are all good. Get the Surface GO if you're just browsing the Internet. Get the Pro if you're doing more than that.
How does google drive effectively work on the go, if at all? Our district uses it so I really would need that to work smoothly.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 10:28 PM 01-16-2019
The Surfaces are $$$$$ and honestly more than I need.

The Samsung Tab A has my interest at the moment and has a built in stylus.

This isn’t meant to be my main machine...it’s just meant to allow me more flexibility and coordination in the field.

Do any of the iPads have a built in stylus? I know those are $$$$ tho
[Reply]
srvy 10:57 PM 01-16-2019
The Surfaces are $$$$$ and honestly more than I need.

The Samsung Tab A has my interest at the moment and has a built in stylus.

This isn’t meant to be my main machine...it’s just meant to allow me more flexibility and coordination in the field.

Do any of the iPads have a built in stylus? I know those are $$$$ tho
Your an architect your supposed to have a pencil pocket pouch for gods sake:-)
[Reply]
threebag 01:57 AM 01-17-2019
Might be able to go to Best Buy Geek Squad ask for associate Tyler Bray.:-)
[Reply]
RedRaider56 06:31 AM 01-17-2019
How does google drive effectively work on the go, if at all? Our district uses it so I really would need that to work smoothly.
I would think that as long as you have a connection to the internet through wifi or LTE, access to google drive shouldn't be an issue. I use google drive on my surface every day and it works flawlessly.

The ONLY downsides I've seen with my surface are:
1. app availability in the Microsoft store. If you're into apps/gaming on your tablet an android or ios based tablet might be better for you.
2. Netflix and Amazon prime block downloading movies to a microsoft based system whether its a surface or any other brand microsoft based tablet or laptop. I find this very weird.

Despite those issues, at $399, (or $600 once you add a keyboard and stylus) I may go look at the surface GO as a personal tablet for myself.
[Reply]
scho63 06:35 AM 01-17-2019
I've not used one but when I was shopping for a new phone, I tried it several times and was seriously impressed.

Screen quality, size and speed was excellent.
[Reply]
58-4ever 07:00 AM 01-17-2019
It's just an app you load. Works great.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up