ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 72 of 79
« First < 22626869707172 73747576 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Should the Chiefs have drafted Watson over Mahomes?
Deberg_1990 01:08 PM 10-01-2017
Another strong game today for Watson. 3 TDs against the Titans so far.

Kid just seems to have 'It'.

Discuss.....
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:13 AM 10-05-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
There is no way Tunsil is worth that. Awful roster management by O'Brien. That franchise is screwed.
O’Brien gave up way too much, but Watson would’ve died if he didn’t make that trade. If Watson goes down, BOB gets fired in he offseason. He wouldn’t be there to use those picks anyway. He had to make an aggressive move.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 06:17 AM 10-05-2020
I would take Burrow over Watson.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:25 AM 10-05-2020
Originally Posted by JohnnyV13:
There are lots of things that Watson does better than Mahomes:

1) lose football games
2) throw interceptions
3) get sacked
4) misreading coverages
5) throwing jump balls

Course, none of those things help u succeed in the NFL.
6) Be a mopey bitch after losing playoff games
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 06:28 AM 10-05-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
6) Be a mopey bitch after losing playoff games
Leave Lebron out of this.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 06:37 AM 10-05-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
I don't think Mahomes would have done as well on the Bears.
Not 5000+50 stats necessarily but he'd still be the best QB in the league. I hate this narrative and to see it from a Chiefs fan who should know everything about him on and off the field? That is, not just his physical tools, but the leadership, work ethic, charisma, football IQ, etc etc etc. He was destined for greatness. No denying KC brought it out of him better and faster than probably any other team could've, but he would be great and win in every single city in the league.

It's the same thing with Trubisky in reverse. Reid and our talent would help a lot in masking what he is, but he'd never be a great QB because he isn't one.
[Reply]
DRM08 06:40 AM 10-05-2020
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
Not 5000+50 stats necessarily but he'd still be the best QB in the league. I hate this narrative and to see it from a Chiefs fan who should know everything about him on and off the field? That is, not just his physical tools, but the leadership, work ethic, charisma, football IQ, etc etc etc. He was destined for greatness. No denying KC brought it out of him better and faster than probably any other team could've, but he would be great and win in every single city in the league.

It's the same thing with Trubisky in reverse. Reid and our talent would help a lot in masking what he is, but he'd never be a great QB because he isn't one.
Good points. I've seen Bears people claim that Mahomes would not be able to deal with the "pressure" of big city Chicago. Morons don't understand that this kid has a MLB father, MLB godfather, and hung out with people like Alex Rodriguez when he was a kid. He is not scared of the spotlight at all. He embraces it.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 06:49 AM 10-05-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
**** YEAH THEY SHOULD HAVE WOOOOOOOOOOO
Hahaha. Mahomes > Any QB in the NFL. Period!!!
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 07:00 AM 10-05-2020
Oh, I forgot about this gem.
[Reply]
cmh6476 07:07 AM 10-05-2020
Maybe we should have taken Smith-Schuster or Kamara over Kpassagnon in the second. But I'm good with the mahomes pick.
[Reply]
bowener 07:30 AM 10-05-2020
I genuinely feel bad for players like Watson. By all accounts he is a great guy and a hell of an athelete and teammate. He deserves a chance to play to his full potential and fans of football deserve to see it too. Instead he has been stuck with another garbage Belichick coaching castoff and viewers are stuck wathcing yet another team suck ass.

I would love to see the NFL find a way to force ownership to field competitive teams. I have no clue how that could be done, but I guess as long as people tune in and watch commercials the NFL has no incentive to ensure their product is better as a whole.
[Reply]
DRM08 07:43 AM 10-05-2020
Originally Posted by bowener:
I genuinely feel bad for players like Watson. By all accounts he is a great guy and a hell of an athelete and teammate. He deserves a chance to play to his full potential and fans of football deserve to see it too. Instead he has been stuck with another garbage Belichick coaching castoff and viewers are stuck wathcing yet another team suck ass.

I would love to see the NFL find a way to force ownership to field competitive teams. I have no clue how that could be done, but I guess as long as people tune in and watch commercials the NFL has no incentive to ensure their product is better as a whole.
Saw comments from Houston fans that they are afraid Deshaun has given up on the situation and is just going through the motions now.

But the positive aspect is if they have a really terrible season, there is a pretty good chance O'Brien gets canned. The quicker this happens, the better chance they have of finding out Deshaun's ceiling in a better situation. I could see Bieniemy going there and having a pretty positive impact for the Houston franchise.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 07:48 AM 10-05-2020
Good Morning Football said it best this morning, Texans have no First or Second Round picks next year, and no wins this year. Get rid of Bill O'Brien, he's tanked your future, you're pretty much eliminated from playoff contention at this point four games into the year, and it's the second dumbest coaching loyalty next to Adam Gase in the entirety of the NFL.
[Reply]
Grim 07:54 AM 10-05-2020
Originally Posted by bowener:

Fuck him.
He saw what was going on before he signed his extension.
He can cry his ass to sleep on his mountain of money.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:56 AM 10-05-2020
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Good Morning Football said it best this morning, Texans have no First or Second Round picks next year, and no wins this year. Get rid of Bill O'Brien, he's tanked your future, you're pretty much eliminated from playoff contention at this point four games into the year, and it's the second dumbest coaching loyalty next to Adam Gase in the entirety of the NFL.
Nah, it's probably even worse. At the very least the Jets have some significant draft capital to turn things around with some smart moves. Bill O'Brien has completely fucked them well into the future with horrific trade after horrific trade and some pretty bad cap management.

I'd say at least they have a franchise QB but Deshaun is either mentally checking out or he really needed Hopkins to thrive, neither of which leave much room for optimism.
[Reply]
JimBaker48.8 08:33 AM 10-05-2020
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Texans fan here & Houston resident but also a Missouri native and Chiefs fan since their earliest days and first SB appearance and victory over the Vikings led by the likes of the great Bobby Bell & Otis Taylor.
Re the Texans and their future they are so screwed now, but there's only one way out of this maze they are in which is for new ownership.
Re any Watson vs MaHomes comparison I don't see it because there's only two other contemporaries in that conversation and they are Aron Rogers and Russell Wilson.
[Reply]
Page 72 of 79
« First < 22626869707172 73747576 > Last »
Up