ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 70 of 79
« First < 20606667686970 71727374 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Should the Chiefs have drafted Watson over Mahomes?
Deberg_1990 01:08 PM 10-01-2017
Another strong game today for Watson. 3 TDs against the Titans so far.

Kid just seems to have 'It'.

Discuss.....
[Reply]
Ebolapox 03:08 PM 10-04-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Watson would be deadly under Andy Reid tutelage.
You’re a miserable user without officially being on that list
[Reply]
DRM08 03:08 PM 10-04-2020
Rush the football?
Mahomes has been a lot more effective in that area. Check out this list. Expected points added while rushing.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr/_/sort/cwepaRuns/dir/desc
[Reply]
Best22 03:09 PM 10-04-2020
Rush the football?
A superior rusher to Mahomes. Like Alex Smith?

Should’ve kept #11 I guess.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 03:13 PM 10-04-2020
True.

Honestly, Bill o Briens fate was sealed The day he lost Mahomes in the war room.

You think Watson is that bad that a coach’s fate is sealed the moment he is stuck with him? Ouch.
[Reply]
DRM08 03:16 PM 10-04-2020
True.

Honestly, Bill o Briens fate was sealed The day he lost Mahomes in the war room.
O'Brien has had a pretty good run when you think about it. The man has no business being a GM or head coach in the NFL. The fact he's been in those type of jobs for a long time is a pretty good deal for him. It's impressive that he's managed to hoodwink the Houston ownership in such a manner.
[Reply]
493rd 03:20 PM 10-04-2020
This thread must’ve been created by an idiot.
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:21 PM 10-04-2020
Originally Posted by 493rd:
This thread must’ve been created by an idiot.
It's a Deberg_1990 thread so...
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:01 PM 10-04-2020
Michael Irving said Deshaun Watson was "the Michael Jordan of football" this morning.
They are 0-4.
[Reply]
JakeF 05:04 PM 10-04-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I think if the Bears took Mahomes at #2 and we moved up and took Watson we would have approved the deal. Of course by now we’d be screaming why didn’t you move up to #1/#2 and take Mahomes, dammitt :-)
I don't think Mahomes would have done as well on the Bears. Coaching and enviroment make a big difference during a players crucial first few years of playing. I still think Mahomes is a better deep thrower which makes a huge difference in the current NFL.
[Reply]
DRM08 05:05 PM 10-04-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
I don't think Mahomes would have done as well on the Bears. Coaching and enviroment make a big difference during a players crucial first few years of playing. I still think Mahomes is a better deep thrower which makes a huge difference in the current NFL.
That is not the main difference between Mahomes and Trubisky. The main difference is the smaller stuff. Mahomes is a far more accurate guy (and I don't mean completion percentage), and way more clutch as well. He has far better situational awareness, pocket awareness, etc.
[Reply]
JakeF 05:27 PM 10-04-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
That is not the main difference between Mahomes and Trubisky. The main difference is the smaller stuff. Mahomes is a far more accurate guy (and I don't mean completion percentage), and way more clutch as well. He has far better situational awareness, pocket awareness, etc.
I was comparing Mahomes with Watson, not Trubisky. Yes, being clutch is more important.
[Reply]
Weapons Win 05:28 PM 10-04-2020
Trubisky is just very, very bad. I think Nage did well just to make Trubisky ever look decent.

Mahomes was so talented and so skilled that he was always going to be at least above average. Mahomes in Houston would not be what he is in KC. However, Watson in KC wouldn't be what Mahomes is. That's not a dig on Watson as he would be elite. However, Mahomes has won a SB and become the best player in the league in record time. I would argue that no one has played QB at an overall higher level than Mahomes has overall. And, to top that off, Mahomes at his overall best, is superior to Manning, Marino, Brady, Favre, Elway, etc. He would have been great in any era.

It cannot be overstated how good Mahomes is. It cannot be overstated how quickly he became great and elite.

I can understand how at the time of the draft someone might have preferred Watson to Mahomes. Watson was the better known quantity, he was also vastly underrated coming out of college in the eyes of some, which indicates how horribly underrated Mahomes was.
[Reply]
DRM08 05:37 PM 10-04-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
I was comparing Mahomes with Watson, not Trubisky. Yes, being clutch is more important.
You mentioned the Bears, so I thought you were comparing Bears QB with Mahomes. But my comments still apply with Watson as well. He has bad situational awareness at times and gets himself into trouble by holding the ball too long. He's also not as accurate throwing the ball as Mahomes.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:47 PM 10-04-2020
Hahaha, this thread has really aged so well. No, really it has. I love it when this atrocity gets bumped. Carry on.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:52 PM 10-04-2020
Watson would be Donovan McNabb under Andy Reid tutelage.
FYP.
[Reply]
Page 70 of 79
« First < 20606667686970 71727374 > Last »
Up