ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 80 of 80
« First < 30707677787980
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Xavier Worthy Thread*****
Dante84 09:24 PM 04-25-2024
More to come!

Text from an AFC GM on the #Chiefs getting Xavier Worthy: “FU** me” https://t.co/IjLQ7xeN37

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) April 26, 2024

Xavier Worthy - WR, UT

- Early career production
- Dynamic threat downfield & after the catch
- Elite speed & start-stop ability
- Fluid mover w/ good route running chops
- Ball tracking is A+

Not entirely sure why the vibe isn't higher when talking about him in the WR class. pic.twitter.com/dv3JjdyZgh

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) February 26, 2024

The only one Worthy.

With the 28th pick in the NFL Draft, we have selected @XavierWorthy! pic.twitter.com/enRBDQAVA5

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 26, 2024

I'll write something fresh about Worthy tomorrow morning now that he's a Chief to lay out how he's more than speed, but for now here's an excerpt from article linked in the below tweet... https://t.co/EcW7QtUrFF pic.twitter.com/811ahCEfMS

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) April 26, 2024

Welcome to Kansas City Xavier Worthy

Here’s how the draft party reacted to X’s name being called #HookEm | #Texas pic.twitter.com/eCnu8W7Rrb

— Cory Mose (@Cory_Mose) April 26, 2024

Kansas City Chiefs add some serious speed in Xavier Worthy https://t.co/ZbhUUQwa32 pic.twitter.com/8D6v8ecd4j

— Reception Perception (@RecepPerception) April 26, 2024

[Reply]
Kiimo 05:11 PM Today
Brown had a heel injury.

Having had a long-term heel injury myself, it suuuuuuuuucks

It can feel like you'll never be the same. Then one day...poof. You're fine again. One of the weirder lower leg injuries you can have to be honest. I think he'll be significantly better than last year not even counting the gigantic jump forward from Kyler Murray to Mahomes.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:43 PM Today
Originally Posted by Warrick:
So Sneed couldn't press this kid and bump him off his route like he did against Tyreek? He hasn't played in a NFL game, yet talking about an NFL caliber CB that can quite possibly press him is silly? As I was watching most of Worthy's college games the CBs played off of him which showed respect for his speed. I'm sure more physical CBs in the NFL will take a different approach. We already know he isn't very good at contested catches, I'm curious to see how he does against a little bump and run is all, which still is a concern this early in the rooks career.

While I agree that there's still a large question as to whether Worthy will be able to just run by NFL DBs, it's also true that there just aren't that many Sneed types in the league currently. True 1v1 press corners are kind of rare right now in the NFL. Most teams are running way more zone than man coverages these days simply because they all lack that true 'island' CB1.

We'll see how many defenses try to run press vs. Worthy pretty quickly, I think. And then we'll see how Worthy deals with it. Or, we'll see most teams just not even try it because they aren't built that way.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:50 PM Today
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
While I agree that there's still a large question as to whether Worthy will be able to just run by NFL DBs, it's also true that there just aren't that many Sneed types in the league currently. True 1v1 press corners are kind of rare right now in the NFL. Most teams are running way more zone than man coverages these days simply because they all lack that true 'island' CB1.

We'll see how many defenses try to run press vs. Worthy pretty quickly, I think. And then we'll see how Worthy deals with it. Or, we'll see most teams just not even try it because they aren't built that way.
With both Worthy and Brown, I doubt we'll see much press man. That's a good way to lose by four scores.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:57 PM Today
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
With both Worthy and Brown, I doubt we'll see much press man. That's a good way to lose by four scores.

Yeah, and I'm sure that's the plan. Of course, we don't really know just how good Hollywood is really going to be (will he be that 1,000 yard guy from his sophomore year? Or the guy that's been kind of average the last few years?), but I feel like he should be closer to that 1,000 yard guy in 2024 with Andy and Pat than the 500 yard guy he was last season with ARI and Kyler.

But if I'm being completely honest, whether he's closer to 500 yards than 1000 yards, he's still going to be a massive upgrade over pretty much every WR we fielded last season, so regardless of his actual final numbers I think Hollywood is certain to have a good season in 2024.
[Reply]
ptlyon 05:57 PM Today
Never happen with Reid bro
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:33 PM Today
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
If they want to play press man, Reid would have to pull Mahomes or yeah, we'll hang 40 every week.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:35 PM Today
Yeah, and I'm sure that's the plan. Of course, we don't really know just how good Hollywood is really going to be (will he be that 1,000 yard guy from his sophomore year? Or the guy that's been kind of average the last few years?), but I feel like he should be closer to that 1,000 yard guy in 2024 with Andy and Pat than the 500 yard guy he was last season with ARI and Kyler.

But if I'm being completely honest, whether he's closer to 500 yards than 1000 yards, he's still going to be a massive upgrade over pretty much every WR we fielded last season, so regardless of his actual final numbers I think Hollywood is certain to have a good season in 2024.
He barely played with Kyler in Arizona, but when he did, the production was very good.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:38 PM Today
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He barely played with Kyler in Arizona, but when he did, the production was very good.
Yeah. If he's healthy, he's going to be more like 800 yards. If Rice misses half the season, it will be 1000.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:39 PM Today
Originally Posted by ptlyon:

That's another good point. Worthy will probably spell Hollywood mostly in the beginning, so they won't be on the field together much, if at all.

Though, I think a bigger part of it will just be that Andy likes to bring rooks on slowly. So probably for the first 3-4 weeks Worthy will have the usual sub-package of about 10-15 plays that he'll work on mastering while seeing 3-5 targets/gm. Then if he absorbs that quickly, another 10-15, maybe as many as 20 over the next few weeks and a couple extra touches.

And so on, assuming Worthy absorbs his packages of plays at a good rate. So it might be well into the third quarter of the season before we see Worthy getting say 7-10 targets/gm on any kind of regular basis. Kind of a similar trend line to Rice last season.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:44 PM Today
That's another good point. Worthy will probably spell Hollywood mostly in the beginning, so they won't be on the field together much, if at all.

Though, I think a bigger part of it will just be that Andy likes to bring rooks on slowly. So probably for the first 3-4 weeks Worthy will have the usual sub-package of about 10-15 plays that he'll work on mastering while seeing 3-5 targets/gm. Then if he absorbs that quickly, another 10-15, maybe as many as 20 over the next few weeks and a couple extra touches.

And so on, assuming Worthy absorbs his packages of plays at a good rate. So it might be well into the third quarter of the season before we see Worthy getting say 7-10 targets/gm on any kind of regular basis. Kind of a similar trend line to Rice last season.
Depends on Worthy, and Rice's suspension, in my opinion.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:45 PM Today
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Well yeah, that's true, Kyler didn't get back on the field until, idk, mid-season? My point really was that since his 2nd season, Brown hasn't really taken off the way a lot of people assumed he would. He kind of got stuck in 2nd gear, so to say.

My theory has always been that his QB play determined his production more than any mistakes he made each season. Though he wasn't perfect by any means. But it's still a question of 'is he really good but had bad QB play?' or is he really just another burner with JAG WR skills? which is why he was available and why we got him for almost nothing.

We'll find out in a few months.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:46 PM Today
Depends on Worthy, and Rice's suspension, in my opinion.

Ack. I keep forgetting about Rice's impending suspension. Keep thinking he'll be out there Week 1. My bad.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:48 PM Today
Well yeah, that's true, Kyler didn't get back on the field until, idk, mid-season? My point really was that since his 2nd season, Brown hasn't really taken off the way a lot of people assumed he would. He kind of got stuck in 2nd gear, so to say.

My theory has always been that his QB play determined his production more than any mistakes he made each season. Though he wasn't perfect by any means. But it's still a question of 'is he really good but had bad QB play?' or is he really just another burner with JAG WR skills? which is why he was available and why we got him for almost nothing.

We'll find out in a few months.
In 2 seasons they played 13 games together. Hollywood had just under 700 yards (699) in those 13 games. His last time having a legitimate starting QB was his last season in Baltimore when he had 1,000+ yards.
[Reply]
Page 80 of 80
« First < 30707677787980
Up