ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 51
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2021 Major League Baseball Playoff Repository Thread***
Coach 05:56 PM 10-05-2021

Schedule of the MLB 2021 Playoffs can be found below:
https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/2...ild-card-game/
[Reply]
Why Not? 02:33 AM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Yeah. I just can’t root for either and unfortunately one will win.
Not sure you're going to have to worry about it. Dodgers have been chasing the Giants all season and can't catch them. Nothing about Game 1 could possibly indicate that has changed.
[Reply]
lcarus 03:03 AM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I love October, but I just can't bring myself to watch a Boston/Houston vs LA World Series.
I know. I'm pulling for the Brewers.

Did you know the Seattle Mariners haven't been in the playoffs since 2001? I was looking at the longest postseason and World Series droughts and saw that. I didn't know that. Seems like they'd been in there since then.

The Royals have like the 5th longest drought of not making the playoffs. The back to back WS appearances don't seem like that long ago. Crazy that it's been 6 years already.
[Reply]
Why Not? 03:11 AM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I know. I'm pulling for the Brewers.

Did you know the Seattle Mariners haven't been in the playoffs since 2001? I was looking at the longest postseason and World Series droughts and saw that. I didn't know that. Seems like they'd been in there since then.

The Royals have like the 5th longest drought of not making the playoffs. The back to back WS appearances don't seem like that long ago. Crazy that it's been 6 years already.
Yeah, that was that great Mariners team that tied the record for most regular season wins (116) and then got Yankee'd in the playoffs. They never have quite recovered from that. Although the 2021 Mariners reminded me somewhat of the 2013 Royals. I won't be surprised to see them in the playoffs next year.

With multiple WC teams now, combined with how shitty the've been, it's not surprising to me that the Royals are already near the top of the drought list. Hopefully that changes soon.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 02:56 PM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
OFF COREA AND INTO LEFT FIELD! KANSAS CITY HAS TIED IT IN THE 8TH!
Pretty close to the actual play by play. An amazing sequenc of events that led to the misplay.

KMO smashed that ball. It caught just a touch of Tony Sipps glove, changing the spin. It bounced just away from Correa’s glove. Simply incredible.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 03:00 PM 10-09-2021
Seven years ago tonight, Alex hit a bases loaded, broken bat triple to increase the lead over the O’s in game 1 of the ALCS. Then, in the 10th, hit a titanic HR onto the walkway in the top of the 10th to give the Royals another lead. Moose hit a two run shot later in the inning to provide the final margin.

I lived a thousand lives in that post season.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 03:19 PM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Pretty close to the actual play by play. An amazing sequenc of events that led to the misplay.

KMO smashed that ball. It caught just a touch of Tony Sipps glove, changing the spin. It bounced just away from Correa’s glove. Simply incredible.
Ryan: "Sipp to the plate... breaking ball ...Ground ball ...up the middle ...Correa .. HE MISPLAYED IT!!! THE BALL GOES INTO CENTERFIELD!!! TWO RUNS SCORE AND THIS GAME IS TIED"!!!!!
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:24 PM 10-09-2021
Seven years ago tonight, Alex hit a bases loaded, broken bat triple to increase the lead over the O’s in game 1 of the ALCS. Then, in the 10th, hit a titanic HR onto the walkway in the top of the 10th to give the Royals another lead. Moose hit a two run shot later in the inning to provide the final margin.

Looking at the O's series as a 4-0 sweep it is hard to capture how dramatic every single game in that series was.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:26 PM 10-09-2021

The 2014 playoff run was amazing. MadBum ruined it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:45 PM 10-09-2021
If OP is not going to update the OP then it would be nice if a mod would do so for everyone else. Please and Thank You.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:32 PM 10-09-2021
A ground ball looking destined for outfield grass gets robbed by the second baseman. How does that feel, Giants?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:33 PM 10-09-2021
I know it took a perfect throw. But Mookie is capable of that throw and you can’t end that inning at 3rd base. Mookie had only one outfield assist this year and every baserunner should know why.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:16 PM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
If OP is not going to update the OP then it would be nice if a mod would do so for everyone else. Please and Thank You.
I'm already pretty swamped with the maps thing every week.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:36 PM 10-09-2021
Fuck the Giants.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 02:54 PM 10-10-2021
Wander Franco already showing he's an elite player.

He singles and then Austin Meadows homers to put the Rays up 2-0 against the Red Sox.

Franco just started a double play to get the Rays out of the second.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 03:19 PM 10-10-2021
Rays sometimes overdo the analytics.

Drew Rasmussen as an opener? OK, fine. But why do they have to extend him into the third inning and have him face the lineup a second time?
[Reply]
Page 14 of 51
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up