ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 65 of 335
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975115165 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:25 PM 07-22-2015
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Maybe we'll get a Greyjoy reunion with Theonreek, Asha(Yara?), and Victarion. Maybe they'll recast Yara, for the books made her out to be just drop dead gorgeous, and the live action version just isn't. Not really a knock on her, just not what I expected.
The actress who played Yara has already been spotted in Belfast with the rest of the cast.
[Reply]
Sorter 06:25 PM 07-22-2015
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Speculation is Victorian Euron.
Fixed.

At least, that's what most of the rumors say.

Originally Posted by :
Pirate, man in his 40’s to late 50’s. He’s “an infamous pirate who has terrorized seas all around the world. Cunning, ruthless, with a touch of madness.”
He’s a dangerous-looking man. A very good part this season.

A source tells us the original casting breakdown also mentions the pirate has “huge charisma and power” which says Euron for sure to us, as opposed to other pirates from the novels such as Euron’s brother Victarion.
http://watchersonthewall.com/casting...euron-greyjoy/
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:42 PM 07-22-2015
Originally Posted by Sorter:
Fixed.

At least, that's what most of the rumors say.

http://watchersonthewall.com/casting...euron-greyjoy/
I probably got them switched. Is Euron the one that threw the dragon egg in the ocean?
[Reply]
Swanman 10:18 PM 07-22-2015
Maybe we'll get a Greyjoy reunion with Theonreek, Asha(Yara?), and Victarion. Maybe they'll recast Yara, for the books made her out to be just drop dead gorgeous, and the live action version just isn't. Not really a knock on her, just not what I expected.
If you are going with the fact that she is a fierce warrior, the actress cast in the role is a good fit with that. I know the book made her out to be Margaery hot, I like how she looks in the show given her overall character. She is still attractive in a plain Amy Schumer kind of way and a badass as well.
[Reply]
Hawk 10:21 AM 07-23-2015
Euron "Crow's Eye" is the one they are casting. He is the one that was a pirate, had his brother Balon killed right when he finally returned so he could take over, he brought the dragon horn that supposedly controls the dragons, he won the kingsmoot, and then sent Victarion and the fleet with the horn to go get Dany to be his bride. I think they will use Yara in the Victarion role of taking the fleet to Mereen.

Saw this article today. Emilia Clarke has read the scripts for Season 6, and she makes them sound pretty badass!

http://www.webpronews.com/emilia-cla...e-epic-2015-07
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:31 AM 07-23-2015
Originally Posted by Hawk:
Euron "Crow's Eye" is the one they are casting. He is the one that was a pirate, had his brother Balon killed right when he finally returned so he could take over, he brought the dragon horn that supposedly controls the dragons, he won the kingsmoot, and then sent Victarion and the fleet with the horn to go get Dany to be his bride. I think they will use Yara in the Victarion role of taking the fleet to Mereen.

Saw this article today. Emilia Clarke has read the scripts for Season 6, and she makes them sound pretty badass!

http://www.webpronews.com/emilia-cla...e-epic-2015-07
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

{inhale}

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Why?!?!? Why the !@#$ are we adding more ironborn?

Fuck it, let's just add stupid goddamn lady stoneheart and undo any progress the series has made.
[Reply]
AndChiefs 10:37 AM 07-23-2015
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

{inhale}

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Why?!?!? Why the !@#$ are we adding more ironborn?

Fuck it, let's just add stupid goddamn lady stoneheart and undo any progress the series has made.
Probably how she gets a fleet to get back to westeros.
[Reply]
Hawk 01:07 PM 07-23-2015
Euron is an interesting character to me. Besides Theon, he's the most interesting of all the ironborn. At least they didn't add the priest brother, and I don't mind them leaving out Victarion either. But the fleet has to get there so Dany can use it to get her army back to Westeros. So it's hard to leave them out completely. Plus Mel burned 3 leaches with Gendry's blood for Robb, Joffrey and Balon, so they need to complete the three deaths by showing Balon die. Of course, with Stannis dead (presumably), it doesn't much matter.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:53 PM 07-23-2015
Didn't they make mention of Balon's death in the show? At this point, the details are starting to melt together between the book and show.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:15 PM 07-23-2015
Didn't they make mention of Balon's death in the show? At this point, the details are starting to melt together between the book and show.

I feel the same but I think like they said he fell off some bridge that connects the tower to Pyke or some shit.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:42 PM 07-23-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I feel the same but I think like they said he fell off some bridge that connects the tower to Pyke or some shit.
Yeah, that's how it goes down, with Balon doing the Nestea plunge into the ocean during a bitch of a storm, I'm just having a hard time placing when it was brought up. I think it was Stannis talking to Davos at some point, telling him about Balon's fate, but I couldn't tell you when or where they were.
[Reply]
Hawk 07:19 AM 07-24-2015
I don't remember it ever being discussed on the show about Balon dying, and I have seen several people in on-line forums wonder why they never finished off the leaches thing by killing Balon, so I don't think it has been shown or discussed yet on the show.

In the books, yes Balon "falls" off one of the bridges connecting the different parts of Pyke. But in reality he was murdered by Euron. We find this out when Arya is with the Brotherhood without Banners before the Hound takes her, and they visit this old lady "the Ghost of High Heart" (who many think is one of the old children of the forest) who has prophecy dreams that she describes to them. In one of those, she tells them:

"I dreamt I saw a shadow with a burning heart butchering a golden stag, aye. I dreamt of a man without a face, waiting on a bridge that swayed and swung. On his shoulder perched a drowned crow with seaweed hanging from his wings. I dreamt of a roaring river and a woman that was a fish. Dead she drifted, with red tears on her cheeks, but when her eyes did open, oh, I woke from terror. All this I dreamt, and more."

The shadow with a burning heart is obviously Stannis' shadow killing Renly, and the man without a face part clearly indicates that Euron "Crow's Eye Greyjoy hired a faceless man to kill Balon by pushing him off the bridge. And of course the woman that was a fish is Catelyn (Tully sigil is a fish) whose body was dumped in the river before she wakes to become Lady Stoneheart.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 08:57 AM 07-25-2015
Originally Posted by DaFace:

This is why I've always appreciated the major twist occurring episode nine and being wrapped up episode ten. All cast is present at the time and leaks like this don't happen.

Kit being there could be for him being burned early in the season, but i think we all know where this is headed. Trying to accomplish one of the most speculated events in the books between seasons may wind up making less of an impact than if they would have done it between episodes.
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:10 AM 07-31-2015
Pertinent to several discussions we've had over the years...
Originally Posted by :
HBO says Game of Thrones will be at least EIGHT seasons

by James Hibberd • @JamesHibberd

Game of Thrones won’t end with seven seasons.

Even though Thrones showrunners have repeatedly declared they hope to conclude the fantasy hit around the 70-hour mark, HBO programming president Michael Lombardo for the first time firmly proclaimed the series will go at least eight seasons.

“Seven-seasons-and-out has never been the [internal] conversation,” Lombardo said to critics at the Television Critics Association’s press tour Thursday when a reporter asked if the show would end after seven. “The question is: How much beyond seven are we going to do? Obviously we’re shooting six now, hopefully discussing seven. [Showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss are] feel like there’s two more years after six. I would always love for them to change their minds, but that’s what we’re looking at right now.”

Lombardo’s statement doesn’t mean the series is officially renewed for eight seasons—the current order is only through next year—but it’s the next-best thing.
Entertainment Weekly
[Reply]
RustShack 01:17 PM 08-01-2015
I didn't know that the lead white walker used to be a Stark.
[Reply]
Page 65 of 335
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975115165 > Last »
Up