ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 35
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>College Football: The Colorado Buffalos
DenverChief 08:32 AM 09-03-2023

[Reply]
DenverChief 12:08 PM 09-24-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
All of those celebrities showing up to watch Colorado barely beat Colorado State while being a heavy favorite was a pretty cringey moment
Why is that cringy? Just because you don't have celebrity friends to support you - I swear people are so salty.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 12:13 PM 09-24-2023
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
On a prayer 61 yard FG at the end of the game. Colorado basically led TCU the whole game and then traded go ahead 4th Q TD's before CU held them on Downs and won the game.

Mizzou was a 3.5 point favorite.
TCU was a 21 point favorite.

if you can't tell the difference in the games....
I think what Deion is doing at Colorado is impressive and if they win 7 or 8 games he should be recognized nationally with different Coach of the Year awards.

However, that doesn't mean the team deserves the rankings/recognition they've gotten. Beating TCU was a nice win, though in all honesty, there shouldn't be rankings until like mid-October as everything is based off the previous season and not the current year.

Colorado is a good story to follow given the nature how Sanders is structuring their roster via a new and unconventional path.

Doesn't mean they're a good team (yet). Their defense is atrocious. They'll be good in 1-2 years.

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Mizzou beat a 15th ranked k-state team and didn't end up in the rankings for it.

No, Colorado didn't deserve their ranking and that's EXACTY why people are/were rooting against them.

I love Sanders and his approach. I don't think he's even that shameless self-promoter (many do it for him). But the sports media was in a rush to skip 2/3 of the 'hero's journey' and run straight to him slaying dragons.
I don't think Colorado should be ranked (see point above) but there's a style difference between beating a Power 5 team at home by 3 vs winning by 3 on the road against a Power 5 team.
[Reply]
DenverChief 09-24-2023, 12:17 PM
This message has been deleted by DenverChief.
ghak99 03:58 PM 09-24-2023
3-0 isn't actual performance? Taking Jackson State - a perennial loser - to multiple bowl games after his arrival - isn't performance? Who has the motive or belief here?
You're the one doing all the assuming and white knighting here. Just go ahead and "bless his heart" while you're at it.

He's a HOF player turned coach with tools to be semi successful. So far he's used his tools to do a decent job of recruiting and then beat a few shit teams, including TCU, and lost to a boss. It's ok to leave it at that without the qualifier or turning the work into a Disney story. They might even get a few more wins if the media would do the same, but that doesn't pull the right strings so it will be what it will be and they'll wear a target for it.

.... and no, I don't believe I've ever met stevieray, but I assume it'd be a good experience if I ever did.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:18 PM 09-24-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Mizzou beat a 15th ranked k-state team and didn't end up in the rankings for it.

No, Colorado didn't deserve their ranking and that's EXACTY why people are/were rooting against them.

I love Sanders and his approach. I don't think he's even that shameless self-promoter (many do it for him). But the sports media was in a rush to skip 2/3 of the 'hero's journey' and run straight to him slaying dragons.
ALL of this.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:20 PM 09-24-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I mean, it definitely doesn’t help to have a heisman caliber player on both sides of the ball out. A healthy Travis hunter maybe turns this from a humiliating blowout to a big loss. Which sounds like the same thing but it’s quite a bit different
It doesn't. Oregon murders them either way.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:12 AM 09-25-2023
On a prayer 61 yard FG at the end of the game. Colorado basically led TCU the whole game and then traded go ahead 4th Q TD's before CU held them on Downs and won the game.

Mizzou was a 3.5 point favorite.
TCU was a 21 point favorite.

if you can't tell the difference in the games....
K-State was a far more intact team coming into the season than TCU, though. K-State is still a team that I think ends the season ranked in the top 20 (hell, I think they'll end the season ahead of Mizzou). They're a good football team.

TCU was a god football team in 2022 and a much lesser version of that in 2023. I watched both games and K-State played a very good game and got beat by Mizzou playing a slightly better one. The Colorado game was just TCU not knowing what it is without their Heisman finalist QB in Week 1 and they played like it. They weren't nearly the opponent in that game that K-State was.

And beyond that, you don't 'earn' a top 20 ranking through beating a team in Week 1 after winning 2 games the season prior. And those losses from Colorado last year weren't close - they were getting dog-walked by every team they played. That ranking was a gift born of hype and a hot game by their QB. And when they damn near lost to Colorado State and then got absolutely massacred this weekend, that was clearly proven. That's a 2 man show - that's not a top 25 football team and anyone viewing that through an objective lens would've recognized that.

When USC trucks them next week (and they will) then I suspect you'll see the 'hate' dial down and people who would've otherwise rooted for Sanders will start doing so again.

I want to see him do well because I like the message he puts out there and for all the 'new school' social media stuff, he still brings a very no nonsense, old-school foundation to his approach on dealing with college players (see: kids). I respect the hell out of that.

But I'm not interested in giving him a free pass.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:05 PM 09-25-2023

The state of Colorado hasn’t witnessed a beatdown that bad since 24 hours ago pic.twitter.com/dUc8ppMTG5

— NFL Memes (@NFL_Memes) September 24, 2023

[Reply]
DenverChief 09-25-2023, 06:01 PM
kstater 06:55 AM 09-26-2023
I know it's easy to dunk on Colorado this week. Oregon agrees

https://twitter.com/oregonfootball/s...ZSXWz9PEg&s=19

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:38 AM 09-30-2023
Lol
Attached: F7OKBLGXcAA3a-S.jpg (31.1 KB) 
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:57 AM 09-30-2023
We taking bets this thread dies within the next few weeks?
[Reply]
staylor26 10:59 AM 09-30-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Lol
:-)
[Reply]
DenverChief 09-30-2023, 11:14 AM
Mecca 11:15 AM 09-30-2023
Colorado isn't in the same league as Oregon and SC, did anyone think they'd be in those games?
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 11:18 AM 09-30-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Colorado isn't in the same league as Oregon and SC, did anyone think they'd be in those games?
That defense is tuurrbl
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:21 AM 09-30-2023
They probably need a few more celebrities on the sidelines. That seems to help.

Maybe give the players more sunglasses?
[Reply]
staylor26 11:21 AM 09-30-2023
Doesn't make it any less enjoyable.
[Reply]
DenverChief 09-30-2023, 11:26 AM
DenverChief 09-30-2023, 11:31 AM
Page 10 of 35
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up