ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 22
« First < 111718192021 22 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Hurricane Ian Watch
cmh6476 06:29 PM 09-26-2022
Bucs heading to Miami to practice this week.

https://www.kshb.com/sports/hurrican...s-game-to-move
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:54 PM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
https://matic.com/blog/flood-insurance-101/
Okay, so standard home owners insurance doesn't cover flooding.

My house is not in a listed flood zone and I'm sure my policy does not cover it.

But I believe there is some chance that if a levee failed, my house could flood.

But I presume if I was listed as being in the 100 year flood zone and if I still had a mortgage (I don't) my mortgage would require it?

Or am I wrong on that?
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:56 PM 09-29-2022
Banks routinely accept losses on flooding when home owners declare bankruptcy and walk away?
[Reply]
Eureka 12:56 PM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
I hope you enjoyed your nearly two weeks of forced power conservation “Flex Alerts”, resulting from California’s epic failure of a power grid.
I’ve lived in South Florida for nearly 40 years… including during Hurricane Andrew… and I’ve lost power maybe for a cumulative total of 48 hours.

And I have never once had to deal with getting frantic text alerts from the state’s power operator, pleading to conserve power with the threat of blackouts as happened in California during their alleged “heat wave” a few weeks ago.
KCChiefsFan88 your power out? Seems Miami was not really affected.

You posted the above last week bashing CA power grid during our heat wave/potential loss of power then the following week lots of folks in FL losing their power.

Hope the wonderful people of FL get their power back on right away and recover from this hurricane quickly.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 12:57 PM 09-29-2022
Daughter and husband living in Cape Coral hunkered down and rode it out at home. Early she lost internet but could still text. She kept asking me for radar updates. Pretty helpless feeling when you have to text back you've got about 3 more hours of 100mph winds. She finally went radio silent at 6pm and I had to wait until this morning to find out they made it ok with minimal damage.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:19 PM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by Eureka:
KCChiefsFan88 your power out? Seems Miami was not really affected.

You posted the above last week bashing CA power grid during our heat wave/potential loss of power then the following week lots of folks in FL losing their power.

Hope the wonderful people of FL get their power back on right away and recover from this hurricane quickly.
It takes a near category 5 hurricane with 150+ mph winds to disrupt the power grid in Florida… meanwhile in California if the temperatures are slightly above normal (with otherwise perfect weather conditions), a panic ensues with forced energy conservation measures and the threat of blackouts.

Otherwise it is exactly the same situation. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:32 PM 09-29-2022
If you are in a flood zone, as determined by FIMA, and are below 10 feet from the water line, no bank will loan you money for a mortgage. You can be in a flood zone and be above 10 feet and you are okay from being forced by a mortgage company to get flood insurance. But, going without it would be pretty insanely stupid.

If you have the money to live near the water and don’t get the flood insurance, you risk having your 400K-700K house go bye bye. If you have a mortgage your still responsible to pay and now you have to pay to live somewhere else too.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:47 PM 09-29-2022

Fort Myers Beach Times Square LEVELED following #HurricaneIan #Ian #HurricanIan pic.twitter.com/V3gHTs5Mx8

— Smurph (@swmurfl) September 29, 2022

[Reply]
Bearcat 01:54 PM 09-29-2022
The dick measuring contest of two states in the top 10 annually for power outages... one mostly due to catastrophic storms and one largely due to massive wild fires. :-)
[Reply]
Eureka 02:15 PM 09-29-2022
It takes a near category 5 hurricane with 150+ mph winds to disrupt the power grid in Florida… meanwhile in California if the temperatures are slightly above normal (with otherwise perfect weather conditions), a panic ensues with forced energy conservation measures and the threat of blackouts.

Otherwise it is exactly the same situation. :-)
You were bashing the people of California and the electric grid during record setting extreme weather (see quote below). It wasn't "slightly above normal" temps at all. People actually died during that heat wave. Now FL is getting some extreme weather a week later.

Originally Posted by :
Sacramento and San Jose, where it reached 116 and 109 degrees on Tuesday, clinched all-time records — meaning their temperatures exceeded levels observed on any previous day or month. It's the “greatest September heat wave ever west of the Rockies hands down,”

[Reply]
Shag 02:18 PM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by Eureka:
You were bashing the people of California and the electric grid during record setting extreme weather (see quote below). It wasn't "slightly above normal" temps at all. People actually died during that heat wave. Now FL is getting some extreme weather a week later.
There were over 1000 heat records broken, and the longest/hottest heat wave on record in CA. Some people are just blinded by politics.
[Reply]
oldman 02:25 PM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
I've never lived in a flood zone, but have talked to people who do. Most are willing to roll the dice and pray they never have a problem. Also, it's really hard and expensive to get flood insurance if you're in a flood zone.
I'm not sure if mortgage companies require flood insurance though
When we bought our house, everything was OK. But I refi'd for a lower rate and lo and behold, the flood zone maps had been redrawn and now a corner of my house showed it was in a 100 year flood zone. I argued with the bank that there was no way, they came out and looked and agreed, but the Feds had redrawn the map and the difference was literally the width of a ballpoint pen on satellite photo at 100' scale. There's a 25' drop down to my lower pasture and I might agree that the pasture could be in a flood zone,, but not the house. Well you can get everybody and there brother to look at it and agree with you, but the Feds are only going to buy into a survey. So I paid the $2700 for a new survey and got the LOMA. Otherwise it would have been over $50 a month for the next 17 years and that was for $5K worth of coverage.

To show how crazy flood zones are drawn, I could stand next to the corner of my house and see the tops of the roofs of 3 neighbors' houses that border the same creek I do. None of them were in the flood zone.
[Reply]
Eureka 02:28 PM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by Shag:
There were over 1000 heat records broken, and the longest/hottest heat wave on record in CA. Some people are just blinded by politics.
That is just "slightly above normal temp" to some people out in FL. Which is just silly to say.

It's like me saying Hurricane wind is slightly above tropical storm wind.
[Reply]
Fish 10:16 PM 09-29-2022
15' storm surge...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:31 PM 09-29-2022
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ped-homes.html
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:41 PM 09-29-2022

Ft Myers Beach is effectively gone, almost no emergency crews yet. These poor people need so much help… pic.twitter.com/5uLo26zFMZ

— Max Olson (@MesoMax919) September 29, 2022

[Reply]
Page 21 of 22
« First < 111718192021 22 >
Up