ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 35
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Soccer Thread***
POND_OF_RED 10:14 AM 08-06-2021
Creating a new thread for soccer discussion since the Euro’s are done.

Most leagues are in preseason and Sporting KC are currently in a battle for the best record in the league to win the shield. We just sent Busio who’s a young Sporting youth academy player and possible future American star to Venezia to compete in the top division in Italy for a 6.5 million dollar transfer fee with up to $11 million with incentives and a 20% future sell-on rate if they sell him to another team. Not to mention another past youth academy player from Lee’s Summit and another possible World Cup starter Erik Palmer-Brown looks to be joining him at Venezia soon as well. If you’re looking for an Italian team to start rooting for with your new Paramount+ subscription they would be a good candidate with some local flavor.

The U.S has built a little power shift in the CONCACAF region with their wins over Mexico lately in Nations and Gold Cup finals and look to be in really good shape heading into the World Cup qualifiers next month.

Messi looks to be on the move as well. Let’s hope it’s not a worthless one to PSG for everyone’s sake.

Ok, CP feel free to remind me how gay soccer is now. Don’t care. Sporting is kicking ass and so is the USA. It’s a good time to be following along. Discuss…
Spoiler!

[Reply]
alpha_omega 06:32 PM 06-27-2023
Who knew Guadeloupe had a team?
Gotta admit, didn’t even know it was a place.

Guatemala and Cuba up next, those I’ve heard of.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 07:03 PM 06-27-2023
Oh Canada, that’s the wrong goal.
Soccer folks, how common is scoring a goal for the other team (I think they called it “own goal”??)?
[Reply]
penguinz 08:00 PM 06-27-2023
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
Oh Canada, that’s the wrong goal.
Soccer folks, how common is scoring a goal for the other team (I think they called it “own goal”??)?
Pretty common.
[Reply]
|Zach| 11:07 PM 07-04-2023

🌹 El Trafico in front of a SOLD OUT Rose Bowl. More than 80,000. A new MLS single-game record attendance.

Incredible scenes. pic.twitter.com/qMh3wSZglT

— Tom Bogert (@tombogert) July 5, 2023

[Reply]
|Zach| 11:18 PM 07-04-2023
Was a pretty good game

[Reply]
BWillie 11:46 PM 07-04-2023
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Only terrorists would go to a soccer game on the 4th of July
[Reply]
|Zach| 11:56 PM 07-04-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Only terrorists would go to a soccer game on the 4th of July
Perfect day for a game.
[Reply]
Dunit35 09:34 AM 07-05-2023
My 10 year old daughter plays competitive soccer. We bought tickets to see the Current July 22nd. Stadium looks nice and doesn’t look like there’s a bad seat in the house. How’s the stadium? We’re in section 111 row 23. Should be out of the sun.
[Reply]
Hark Clunt 04:20 PM 07-05-2023
Was in STL for the Gold Cup match. The stadium is really nice, and I also do like the area around the stadium with all the old buildings. It’s definitely a better aesthetic than a shopping mall and racetrack, I’ll concede them that.

All that being said, I’m not giving them too much credit as a fanbase yet because MLS always has a “hot new club”. SKC was effectively this for a few seasons after the rebrand and opening of Sporting Park. Hell, I remember when Toronto was the Class of MLS or whatever. But it doesn't last. Give them a few bad years and the shine wears off, MLS media moves on to the new expansion etc.
[Reply]
bdj23 04:36 PM 07-05-2023
Downtown STL is like the Purge now days.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:42 PM 07-05-2023
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
My 10 year old daughter plays competitive soccer. We bought tickets to see the Current July 22nd. Stadium looks nice and doesn’t look like there’s a bad seat in the house. How’s the stadium? We’re in section 111 row 23. Should be out of the sun.
New stadium is not done hopefully you are at sporting park
[Reply]
Stanley Nickels 09:54 PM 07-05-2023
Our Sporting season tickets are in 111/22. Great view and no evening sun. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Dunit35 06:07 AM 07-06-2023
Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels:
Our Sporting season tickets are in 111/22. Great view and no evening sun. Enjoy!
Nice. Was hoping I bought the right spots to avoid the sun.
[Reply]
carlos3652 08:19 AM 07-06-2023
You wont be disappointed. SKC Stadium was built in a way where regardless where you have a ticket at, its a good view and a fun time.
[Reply]
penguinz 09:29 AM 07-06-2023
Originally Posted by Hark Clunt:
Was in STL for the Gold Cup match. The stadium is really nice, and I also do like the area around the stadium with all the old buildings. It’s definitely a better aesthetic than a shopping mall and racetrack, I’ll concede them that.

All that being said, I’m not giving them too much credit as a fanbase yet because MLS always has a “hot new club”. SKC was effectively this for a few seasons after the rebrand and opening of Sporting Park. Hell, I remember when Toronto was the Class of MLS or whatever. But it doesn't last. Give them a few bad years and the shine wears off, MLS media moves on to the new expansion etc.
St Louis has one of if not the best soccer cultures in the US. They will always be a centerpiece for the MLS.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 35
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up