ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>Schefter: Eric Bieniemy will emerge as a candidate for USC job
KC Hawks 02:38 PM 09-14-2021

League sources believe Chiefs' OC Eric Bieniemy will emerge as a head-coaching candidate for USC. Bieniemy is from Southern California and has told confidantes in the past, that USC is one of the only college jobs that might interest him.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 14, 2021

[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:11 AM 10-05-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Not sure what you're seeing here, but Bieniemy is great with the media. If anything it's a selling point.
Then why hasn't he been hired to be a HC?

It's not his resume, which is impeccable. The last two guys who served in his position in KC received HC jobs, one of whom won a Super Bowl.

Is it the DWI and stalking/harassing women stuff? 🤔 I that was all when he was in college, which was like 30 years ago...
[Reply]
jd1020 09:12 AM 10-05-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Maybe the Pederson/Nagy thing has people skeptical.
I dont know the whole story with Pederson but he won a SB and had a QB that apparently didn't want to run his offense, the offense that just won a SB with a different QB.

That QB is now on the Colts and is 1-3 on a team that was 11-5 with Rivers.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:12 AM 10-05-2021
Maybe it's his height.
[Reply]
wazu 09:14 AM 10-05-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:

It's not his resume, which is impeccable. The last two guys who served in his position in KC received HC jobs, one of whom won a Super Bowl.

Is it the DWI and stalking/harassing women stuff? 🤔 I that was all when he was in college, which was like 30 years ago...
I have no idea. I look around every year and see NFL teams hiring straight-up clowns. Inexcusably bad hires. Over, and over, and over. Maybe teams that suck enough to need a new head coach aren't being run by the world's brightest minds.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:52 AM 10-05-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I dont know the whole story with Pederson but he won a SB and had a QB that apparently didn't want to run his offense, the offense that just won a SB with a different QB.

That QB is now on the Colts and is 1-3 on a team that was 11-5 with Rivers.
He also got zero leash after winning a SB with a back up qb.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:01 AM 10-05-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:

Well the last SB hurt his resume. The Oline was getting dominated and the Chiefs did not adjust on offense. That say one of two things.

1. It was Andy who didn't adjust for whatever reasons and that means EB isn't the O Coordinator on the team in anything but name.

2. EB truly is the O Coordinator and was incapable of adjusting when things aren't going right which could be a red flag.
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:07 AM 10-05-2021
Pretty tough to "adjust" when there ain't shit in the cupboard to adjust with
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:30 AM 10-05-2021
Todd Haley was an absolute ape at press conferences. That guy was a brilliant interviewer, I'm sure. Mhmm... yuuuuuuup.

Coaches are meatheads, guys. Enough with this interview bullshit. Andy Reid knows how to get his guys jobs and prepares them accordingly for those positions. We've seen Bieniemy speak. He doesn't mince words.

It's probably his background that teams are concerned about.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:41 AM 10-05-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
It's probably his background that teams are concerned about.
If teams were concerned about his background then why the hell would they even offer him an interview? There's plenty of other black guys out there to satisfy the Rooney rule. It's not like this is some random job interview where the league doesn't know about his past.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:41 PM 10-05-2021
It's almost like people dont want the headache of his shady criminal past GEE WHAT COULD IT BE
[Reply]
rabblerouser 02:30 PM 10-05-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Pretty tough to "adjust" when there ain't shit in the cupboard to adjust with
Shorter routes, shorter drops for Mahomes, backs and TEs staying in to block...there's all kinds of shit that could've been done. Todd Bowles changed his defense completely for the Super Bowl to keep Hill and Kelce from doing to them what they did on Halloween, Reid and EB should've adjusted.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:47 PM 10-05-2021
All I know is that if a white guy had his resume, he would have been a head coach already.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:30 PM 10-05-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
All I know is that if a white guy had his resume, he would have been a head coach already.
A white guy with his resume but without his past off-field issues, absolutely.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up