ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 19
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
In Memoriam>Fire Me Boy! has passed away
Deberg_1990 12:48 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Many sufferers of Type Diabetes are diagnosed at birth because their pancreas stops making (or some cases, never made) insulin. FMB was on kidney dialysis for quite some time but that doesn't reverse anything, it just allows the patient to live a bit longer.

There's no known cure for reversing the effects of Diabetes Type I and unfortunately, most sufferers die at an early age but usually not before having body parts amputated, as did FMB.

Mikey12345 had Type I Diabetes and after multiple amputations, died as well.

It's a terrible, terrible disease.
Horrible.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 04:45 PM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Adult Onset/Type II Diabetes can be reversed with diet, exercise and mild medication.
Ummmm...that doesn't agree with what I have been told. I will defer to any scholarly medical personnel on here but what I have been told the above is not always true.

I eat well.....no sugar, no sodas and stay away from foods that are not good for me. Drink decaf unsweetened tea and water....mostly eat chicken and seafood...alot of green veggies....follow my Dr's orders religiously and check my blood sugar 2 times a day.

Was told that even with all the above there is no reversing my Type 2 Diabetes
[Reply]
luv 04:52 PM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Ummmm...that doesn't agree with what I have been told. I will defer to any scholarly medical personnel on here but what I have been told the above is not always true.

I eat well.....no sugar, no sodas and stay away from foods that are not good for me. Drink decaf unsweetened tea and water....mostly eat chicken and seafood...alot of green veggies....follow my Dr's orders religiously and check my blood sugar 2 times a day.

I'm thinking maybe he meant to say managed instead of reversed. My mom is type 2, and she does not follow a correct diet. She has to take insulin and complains because she's apparently insulin resistant. I keep telling her that, if she would just follow doctor's orders, she wouldn't need insulin.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 05:01 PM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by luv:
I'm thinking maybe he meant to say managed instead of reversed. My mom is type 2, and she does not follow a correct diet. She has to take insulin and complains because she's apparently insulin resistant. I keep telling her that, if she would just follow doctor's orders, she wouldn't need insulin.
One of the biggest frustrations my Dr will talk about is his frustration with his patients who are Type 2 and don't follow their prescribed diets. It just shortens their time even more.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:02 PM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by luv:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:

In these cases, it sounds like it's genetic, in which Type II will eventually become Type I.

I have a friend who's father died from diabetes Type I in his early 60's. My friend has been on Metformin for years on end as a Type II diabetic but he's closing in on Type I, despite diet and exercise. It will happen eventually, if not soon, as his AIC is 7.4.

Those with Adult Onset/Type II diabetes can generally be reversed with weight loss, diet and exercise but if there's a family history of Diabetes Type I, the Type II could very likely become Type I as the person ages.
[Reply]
PHOG 11:49 AM 03-02-2020
Oh Man. RIP
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:55 AM 03-02-2020
Fuuuuck. Damnit.

One of the original OG's that WASN'T a dick. Dude was always a pleasure to read, never had anything bad to say about anyone.

That really fucking sucks. R.I.P.

Fuck.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:55 AM 03-02-2020
Holy shit, he posted no more than a week ago... very sorry to hear this, RIP
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:58 AM 03-02-2020
This really fucking sucks. He was SUCH a nice guy and we've had a million amazing PM's and Rep notes over the years.

R.I.P., Brother
[Reply]
KS Smitty 12:02 PM 03-02-2020
Food threads will never be the same. Rest peacefully FMB, prayers for peace and comfort to all touched by his passing.
[Reply]
Nzoner 12:04 PM 03-02-2020
Rest in peace brother,prayers to the family.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:21 PM 03-02-2020
This one hurts. Maybe i'm just being a bitch today, i barely knew the man. But seemed like a genuinely good guy. This one hurts.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:26 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
This one hurts. Maybe i'm just being a bitch today, i barely knew the man. But seemed like a genuinely good guy. This one hurts.
Your feelings are completely understandable. He was a good person that deserved far better.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 12:22 PM 03-02-2020
RIP sir!
[Reply]
Chief Northman 12:24 PM 03-02-2020
He will be missed.
RIP FMB.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 19
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up