ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3602 of 3903
« First < 2602310235023552359235983599360036013602 3603360436053606361236523702 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
KCUnited 07:25 PM 08-03-2021
I don't have a problem showing proof of vax if we could settle on some reasonable logistics of what that looks like. I haven't followed the new NYC indoor requirements but bars around here want to see the actual card.

I made the mistake once of getting my passport photo while on my way out for the night, thinking both its on my way and I look presentable. I of course lost it at some point in the night, went back to Walgreens the next morning and to the surprise of no one they couldn't find the photo record to reprint it (btw we're tasking these same people with deploying the most life saving vaccine of our generation), so I retake the photo since I'm there which looks like a Randy Travis mugshot that I live with until my next renewal.

So that's the main reason I'm hesitant on the proof of vax thing. I know Walgreens says I can reprint it but I've been down this path before.
[Reply]
jdubya 07:39 PM 08-03-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Honest question: Do you feel the same way about HepB, DTap, IPV, MMR, chicken pox, and Tdap vaccines being required for school kids?
Those are all FDA approved correct and not considered "experimental? But yes I am OK with that because if not, I can choose another school for my kids.
[Reply]
jdubya 07:44 PM 08-03-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Go to almost any hospital in the country that has an ICU unit.

Maybe you would like to cringe for the people who are currently in the process of dying from a disease and their death, in at least 95+% of cases, was completely preventable.

Misinformation has lead to immense suffering and death in this country.
I am a 30 year career firefighter paramedic and know the drill. My next door neighbor is an ER doc at the local Kaiser. I am not saying covid is a hoax..,,,.I am cringing at "Mando vax" and stand by that. I truly understand why so many patients don't want to go to a hospital and still don't trust a brand new vaccine... lol.......I have stories. Medicine is a "practice".......
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:47 PM 08-03-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Those are all FDA approved correct and not considered "experimental? But yes I am OK with that because if not, I can choose another school for my kids.
Do you realize how many other things that the FDA has approved that are much worse? Do you realize how the oversight of the FDA works? Or should I say never happens until it is too late?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:53 PM 08-03-2021
I stick with the good ol' reliable horse de-worming pills
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:55 PM 08-03-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I stick with the good ol' reliable horse de-worming pills
Ivermectin will not help.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:56 PM 08-03-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Ivermectin will not help.
This guy on some podcast says it works wonders
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:03 PM 08-03-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
This guy on some podcast says it works wonders
Yeah, people can say anything these days without repercussions.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:09 PM 08-03-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I don't have a problem showing proof of vax if we could settle on some reasonable logistics of what that looks like. I haven't followed the new NYC indoor requirements but bars around here want to see the actual card.

I made the mistake once of getting my passport photo while on my way out for the night, thinking both its on my way and I look presentable. I of course lost it at some point in the night, went back to Walgreens the next morning and to the surprise of no one they couldn't find the photo record to reprint it (btw we're tasking these same people with deploying the most life saving vaccine of our generation), so I retake the photo since I'm there which looks like a Randy Travis mugshot that I live with until my next renewal.

So that's the main reason I'm hesitant on the proof of vax thing. I know Walgreens says I can reprint it but I've been down this path before.
I thought the card thing was dumb the second I saw it... it's fucking huge and would totally wear and tear, plus easy to fake.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:16 PM 08-03-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I thought the card thing was dumb the second I saw it... it's fucking huge and would totally wear and tear, plus easy to fake.
I'm treating the card like its an autographed Mahomes rookie not like some temp drivers license.

Maybe that's the most logical motivator we've overthought, spruce up the card. Make it customizable like an avatar or something.
[Reply]
notorious 08-03-2021, 08:19 PM
This message has been deleted by notorious.
TwistedChief 08:28 PM 08-03-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
So once it’s approved, you’ll feel entirely different? And did you choose another school for your kids as was your readily available choice?

And if some establishments have a vaccine mandate, is there a reason why there won’t be alternatives for you to choose from? Presumably private sector economics will be there to meet your need.

So what’s the difference?
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:37 PM 08-03-2021
It's probably a pretty common bias (anchoring, maybe) to say "I've seen some shit" and apply that to the entire field even if it really doesn't have anything to do with one specific item.

Just the two exercises.... determining what's wrong with someone versus how to fix it are two completely different things and can't really be compared at all.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:04 PM 08-03-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Go to almost any hospital in the country that has an ICU unit.

Maybe you would like to cringe for the people who are currently in the process of dying from a disease and their death, in at least 95+% of cases, was completely preventable.

Misinformation has lead to immense suffering and death in this country.
Speaking of misinformation, one thing that you never hear discussed anymore is the success rate of HCQ and zinc. There was an abundance of anecdotal evidence last year that it was a wildly successful treatment. And recently a study emerged which showed that it was greatly effective even in severely ill patients, dramatically improving chances of survival. There were docs in FL last year who reported a near 100% success rate when treating patients before it was severe. Elderly and obese people were getting up and walking out of the hospital in short order.

But, of course, the “experts,” including Fauci and the FDA strongly advised against its use, saying that the data showed an obvious lack of efficacy. They even tried to argue that it was dangerous. A common drug that’s been FDA approved and safely used for 65 years. Based solely upon a study which was later exposed as completely fraudulent. Nevertheless, they caused it to be banned in many states.

Obviously, it had nothing to do with the fact that a full course of HCQ and zinc costs a few bucks while the vaccines have minted 9 new billionaires.
[Reply]
Fish 09:40 PM 08-03-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Speaking of misinformation, one thing that you never hear discussed anymore is the success rate of HCQ and zinc. There was an abundance of anecdotal evidence last year that it was a wildly successful treatment. And recently a study emerged which showed that it was greatly effective even in severely ill patients, dramatically improving chances of survival. There were docs in FL last year who reported a near 100% success rate when treating patients before it was severe. Elderly and obese people were getting up and walking out of the hospital in short order.

But, of course, the “experts,” including Fauci and the FDA strongly advised against its use, saying that the data showed an obvious lack of efficacy. They even tried to argue that it was dangerous. A common drug that’s been FDA approved and safely used for 65 years. Based solely upon a study which was later exposed as completely fraudulent. Nevertheless, they caused it to be banned in many states.

Obviously, it had nothing to do with the fact that a full course of HCQ and zinc costs a few bucks while the vaccines have minted 9 new billionaires.
That's not true though. Here's the most recent meta-studies regarding HCQ. These are peer-reviewed meta-studies that examines all available peer-reviewed studies related to HCQ. All posted this year. Take a look.

Originally Posted by :
Mortality outcomes with hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine in COVID-19 from an international collaborative meta-analysis of randomized trials

This collaborative meta-analysis of 28 published or unpublished RCTs, including 10,319 patients, shows that treatment with HCQ was associated with increased mortality in COVID-19 patients, and there was no benefit from treatment with CQ. No differences were seen across subgroup analyses on patient setting, diagnosis confirmation, control type, publication status, or dose and the between-study heterogeneity was low. For CQ, the number of studies was too small to draw clear conclusions.

This meta-analysis offers useful insights for a challenging health situation. Hundreds of thousands of patients have received HCQ and CQ outside of clinical trials without evidence of their beneficial effects. Public interest is unprecedented, with weak early evidence supporting HCQ’s merits being widely discussed in some media and social networks—despite the unfavorable results by a very large RCT.
Originally Posted by :
The efficacy and safety of hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19 prophylaxis: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized trials

Although pharmacologic prophylaxis is an attractive preventive strategy against COVID-19, the current body of evidence failed to show clinical benefit for prophylactic hydroxychloroquine and showed a higher risk of adverse events when compared to placebo or no prophylaxis.

[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:37 PM 08-03-2021
By hook or by crook, the covid pandemic is not permanent. That’s one reason why I wouldn’t support government mandated vaccines, assuming that’s the discussion. Don’t care much about businesses doing it though, because they can as far as I can tell and also again them actually keeping the policy and enforcing it long term is not something that will last. So people who don’t want the vaccine can either go elsewhere, get a fake card, or just sit at home and wait it out.
[Reply]
Page 3602 of 3903
« First < 2602310235023552359235983599360036013602 3603360436053606361236523702 > Last »
Up