ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Media Center>Netflix: Mindhunter
listopencil 05:02 AM 03-01-2018
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
The first episode wasn't that great, when Kemper shows up the show really takes off though.
Yeah. I was kind of absentmindedly into it at first because I'm a sucker for period pieces of certain eras, and then it got really good.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:57 PM 02-27-2018
Spoiler!

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 11:08 PM 03-02-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Spoiler!
Reportedly it will be Wayne Williams.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:15 AM 03-02-2018
Yeah, I agree with the others. It does start kind of slow but hang in there. It gets a lot better. Well made TV with great acting.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:45 PM 07-24-2019
Season 2 hits August 14.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 07:46 PM 07-24-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Season 2 hits August 14.
I’m ready, I think it originally was supposed to be released at the end of last fall/beginning of winter. Any idea of why it was delayed?
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:55 PM 07-25-2019
I can't find anything that indicates any delay. So don't know...

Some deets on who might be involved this season:
Originally Posted by :
serial killers include Charles Manson and his follower, Tex Watson, Wayne Williams (convicted of the Atlanta Child Murders, on which Season 2 is focused), Elmer Wayne Henley, David Berkowitz (the Son of Sam/.44 Caliber Killer), William Pierce Jr., William Henry Hance, and Paul Bateson. Dennis Rader, better known as the BTK Killer, will also continue to have a presence in the series.
Interesting to me that it's mainly about Wayne Williams. If folks haven't listed to season 1 of the podcast Monster (at the time called Atlanta Monster) it's pretty interesting.

Haven't been able to find a trailer for season 2 yet.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:03 PM 07-25-2019
I adored the first season (hat tip SimplyRed). Have been waiting for this endlessly.

In the meantime, found a great serial killer podcast “Unmasking a Killer” on the Golden State Killer from the late 70s in California.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:18 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I adored the first season (hat tip SimplyRed). Have been waiting for this endlessly.

In the meantime, found a great serial killer podcast “Unmasking a Killer” on the Golden State Killer from the late 70s in California.
Season 2 of Criminology covered it really well, and de Angelo was arrested during the season, which was pretty cool.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:04 PM 07-25-2019
This is a great series, although the beating off to a vacant women's shoe still disturbs me.
[Reply]
sully1983 10:50 PM 07-25-2019
Thanks for the update folks. This is a great show and one of the best Netflix has to offer. Netflix normally releases their show/film trailers near the premiere date so I can't wait to see some footage of Season 2. We won't have to wait too long.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:05 PM 07-29-2019

[Reply]
Passepartout 12:55 AM 07-30-2019
Really it is like Criminal Minds on CBS but it is more deeper and you have to have not a weak stomach over it.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:21 AM 07-30-2019
Originally Posted by Passepartout:
Really it is like Criminal Minds on CBS but it is more deeper and you have to have not a weak stomach over it.
Mindhunter is as different from Criminal Minds as Star Trek is different from The Right Stuff.

CM approaches profiling as a network take on an established field of investigation, lots of theatrical shortcuts for episodic drama. [much like Star Trek treats space travel as a given and moves on to interstellar politics and drama]

MH approaches profiling as a historical, slightly dramatized, development of that field from its inception. It shows the nuts and bolts of developing a psychological foundation for investigation from thin air. [much like The Right Stuff dramatized the frustrating and eventually triumphant first steps off the surface of the earth].
[Reply]
sully1983 01:07 AM 07-30-2019
HYPED! Thanks for posting the teaser Baby Lee. David Fincher was pretty heavily involved with season 2 so that's great news.

And the actor that plays Kemper is so great. He was also good in the Umbrella Academy show on Netflix.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up