ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 42
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Berry foot hurting him
ShowtimeSBMVP 01:10 PM 12-28-2018

Eric Berry didn’t practice today as “his foot was bothering him,” per Andy Reid.

— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) December 28, 2018

Eric Berry’s foot was bothering him so no work today for him. Not encouraging for his ability to play Sunday or beyond

— Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) December 28, 2018

Eric Berry did not practice for #Chiefs today. Calf/heel was sore and they backed him off, Andy Reid says.

— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) December 28, 2018

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:23 PM 12-30-2018
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Marcellus is right in the fact that if you're so frustrated that all you can do is complain it's probably time to move on to something else. And I certainly wouldn't blame anyone for doing just that.
Think ya'll are confusing frustration with the defense by members with the team in general. Everybody here knows just how good Mahomes is. There's no point in discussing that.
[Reply]
R Clark 12:25 PM 12-30-2018
So is Berry playing ? Or has it not been announced
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:34 PM 12-30-2018
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Marcellus is right in the fact that if you're so frustrated that all you can do is complain it's probably time to move on to something else. And I certainly wouldn't blame anyone for doing just that.
Meh, one person's complaining is another's observation. And complaining about people making observations is simply whining.

And pointing out HUGE issues like top paid players not playing (when there's a lot to question [how they can do killer workouts yet not play]), and retaining coaches like Sutton might not be complaining.

Remember, this franchise needs a lot of fan pressure to do the right things.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:36 PM 12-30-2018
Originally Posted by R Clark:
So is Berry playing ? Or has it not been announced
We think he's still consulting the spirits and reading the tea leaves.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:37 PM 12-30-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Meh, one person's complaining is another's observation. And complaining about people making observations is simply whining.

And pointing out HUGE issues like top paid players not playing (when there's a lot to question [how they can do killer workouts yet not play]), and retaining coaches like Sutton might not be complaining.

Remember, this franchise needs a lot of fan pressure to do the right things.
So I guess the trailing banner should read "FIRE SUTTON CUT BERRY."

Any local pilots out there?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:38 PM 12-30-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
So I guess the trailing banner should read "FIRE SUTTON CUT BERRY."

Any local pilots out there?
I'd pitch in for it. Like I did the last banner... :-)
[Reply]
penchief 12:47 PM 12-30-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
We have the best QB in football for the first time in our lives and people want to waste all their time railing about a guy who has been through the ringer multiple times. Its unfortunate, thats all it is.

The same idiots running their mouth nonstop about Berry are the same people who said we would NEVER EVER EVER draft a QB in the first round. Well they were wrong so now its time to find something else to incessantly complain about. Lets find the next scapegoat to complain about in every ****ing thread now that Smith is gone.

Cutting him, him retiring, IR, nothing being done different would change anything or save a dime as far as this season or moving forward is concerned. He didn't know and the Chiefs didn't know this season was going to play out this way and to think anything different is the ultimate in fan stupidity.

If you are THAT frustrated with the franchise then quit watching and go the **** away.
It's not as black and white as you are trying to paint it. You conveniently leave out the context. The context that led to where we are now is, for the most part, the root of fan frustration.

Sure, it's not our money. And sure, it doesn't affect us personally. But as fans we watched Berry play hardball after the chiefs treated him as well as any team possibly could following his cancer diagnosis. Rather than reciprocate that goodwill Berry chose to make his contract negotiations contentious.

And even after he got his record deal, he continued to show his gratitude by not showing up for the voluntary off-season workouts. You'd think that he would have been leading the way after getting a huge payday, but apparently not. Then, by no fault of his own, he gets injured and we lose him for the season.

Fast forward to 2018. He's apparently been cleared to play all season but has held himself out. This while the defense has been utterly putrid and threatens to undermine what would otherwise be a legitimate Super Bowl run. The team would clearly benefit from his "leadership" on the field.

And throughout the season not one person from the organization, nor Berry, has come forward to provide clarification as to his status. I realize that Berry is not obligated to speak to the media or the fans. But at some point you'd like your "leader" to step up and say, "**** it, the season is on the line. I don't care what happens I've got to be out there with my teammates and see this thing through. Pain be damned."

To blame the fans for ingratitude is misplaced. The fans just want to see the light at the end of the tunnel but have been left in the dark to wonder why Berry has been cleared to play from the start but hasn't. All the while, watching the defense ruin a spectacular season.

The way this entire situation has played out stinks. Something isn't kosher. I'm sure there have been similar situations in the league but I can't think of a single one over my 47 years of fandom. At this point, the organization and Eric Berry share in creating the conditions that have resulted in whatever backlash currently exists towards Berry.
[Reply]
JakeF 01:05 PM 12-30-2018
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Maybe, but that wouldn't have protected us here anyway, lol.

I'm not sure that Clark stepped in and made that contract happen like has been said though. A poster I respect a lot had said he knows the story and will spill the beans at some point.
I don't think Dorsey wanted to give Berry that much money guaranteed either. Dorsey was concerned with Berry staying healthy and it pissed Berry off.

There had to be a significant difference of opinion to force the owner of the team to fly in and oversee contract negotiations himself. When have you ever heard of an owner(Not named Jerry Jones) negotiating a player's contract?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:12 PM 12-30-2018
Originally Posted by penchief:
Spoiler!
Nicely said. Rep..
[Reply]
Bugeater 01:27 PM 12-30-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Think ya'll are confusing frustration with the defense by members with the team in general. Everybody here knows just how good Mahomes is. There's no point in discussing that.
Sure it's the defense now. My point is...it's always something with the team. Every year it seems there's some kind of letdown with our key players. Either someone dogging it after getting paid (Larry Johnson, Dwayne Bowe), injured (Jamall Charles, Priest Holmes, Eric Berry, Justin Houston) or high draft pick that bust (too many to try to list). We've never taken a team into the playoffs at even close to full strength, always just limping in.

And now this year, you couple it with the fact that we got off to a hot start with Mahomes, everyone got their hopes up only to have them shit on again, they're going to express frustration over it.
[Reply]
JakeF 01:36 PM 12-30-2018
Spoiler!
That should be the cover page for ChiefsPlanet.com

Fantastic post.

Something just isn't right, nobody on the team saying anything means that Berry is doing this to me. The team treated him like a king and he is still pouting. Either that or he's just been waiting for a big payday before quitting on the team all along.

Hindsight, the team should have let Houston and Berry walk and just collected the comp picks. That's 33 million per year of salary cap space plus some decent comp picks.

To be fair to Houston though, if his dumbass DC would have figured out earlier to put him on the line of scrimmage his production would have been much better. Still not worth 20m, but better.

Another strike against Bob Sutton, it took him 3/4 of the season to realize that Houston's bum knee was a liability in open field but he could still be damn good on the line of scrimmage. We'll see if Sutton has the brains to leave him there.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:39 PM 12-30-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
If Mahomes isn’t worth discussing because everybody here knows how good he is, why are Sutton and the defense the subject of nearly every thread? We all know how bad the defense is and we all know Sutton should be fired.

:-)
[Reply]
RunKC 01:46 PM 12-30-2018
It's not as black and white as you are trying to paint it. You conveniently leave out the context. The context that led to where we are now is, for the most part, the root of fan frustration.

Sure, it's not our money. And sure, it doesn't affect us personally. But as fans we watched Berry play hardball after the chiefs treated him as well as any team possibly could following his cancer diagnosis. Rather than reciprocate that goodwill Berry chose to make his contract negotiations contentious.

And even after he got his record deal, he continued to show his gratitude by not showing up for the voluntary off-season workouts. You'd think that he would have been leading the way after getting a huge payday, but apparently not. Then, by no fault of his own, he gets injured and we lose him for the season.

Fast forward to 2018. He's apparently been cleared to play all season but has held himself out. This while the defense has been utterly putrid and threatens to undermine what would otherwise be a legitimate Super Bowl run. The team would clearly benefit from his "leadership" on the field.

And throughout the season not one person from the organization, nor Berry, has come forward to provide clarification as to his status. I realize that Berry is not obligated to speak to the media or the fans. But at some point you'd like your "leader" to step up and say, "**** it, the season is on the line. I don't care what happens I've got to be out there with my teammates and see this thing through. Pain be damned."

To blame the fans for ingratitude is misplaced. The fans just want to see the light at the end of the tunnel but have been left in the dark to wonder why Berry has been cleared to play from the start but hasn't. All the while, watching the defense ruin a spectacular season.

The way this entire situation has played out stinks. Something isn't kosher. I'm sure there have been similar situations in the league but I can't think of a single one over my 47 years of fandom. At this point, the organization and Eric Berry share in creating the conditions that have resulted in whatever backlash currently exists towards Berry.
You should be just as pissed off at John Dorsey.

Marcus Peters was a disaster of a headcase. KeiVarae Russell was a 3rd rd pick that didn’t even make it through training camp. Eric Murray is a tire fire. Tanoh Kpassagnon doesn’t even play 95% of the time. The secondary has ruined this defense as much as anyone.

Big part of why this defense sucks is because we failed in the draft.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:48 PM 12-30-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If Mahomes isn’t worth discussing because everybody here knows how good he is, why are Sutton and the defense the subject of nearly every thread? We all know how bad the defense is and we all know Sutton should be fired.

:-)
Because we can discuss various solutions to the problem such as cutting underperforming players and new players to bring into the system and new defensive coaching staffs and the correlating scheme changes they may implement.
[Reply]
penchief 01:49 PM 12-30-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
You should be just as pissed off at John Dorsey.

KeiVarae Russell was a 3rd rd pick that didn’t even make it through training camp. Eric Murray is a tire fire. Tanoh Kpassagnon doesn’t even play 95% of the time. The secondary has ruined this defense as much as anyone.

Big part of why this defense sucks is because we failed in the draft.
That's an entirely separate argument that doesn't detract from the Berry question.

That said, Dorsey wasn't perfect but one has to wonder if we'd be better off had we kept Dorsey over Berry. Dorsey has been killing it in Cleveland.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 42
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Up