ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Retirement Thread
HemiEd 04:52 PM 04-06-2024
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
I'm targeting July 1st to be my retirement date. My wife still has 3 years to go before she can retire with a full teachers pension.
All vehicles and credit cards will be paid off by then, but I still have a number of years left on the house mortgage.

I'm looking forward to doing stuff around the house that I haven't had an opportunity to do. Maybe take up golf again etc. I don't think I'll be bored with all the stuff I will have time to do once I retire.
I can identify with so much of this. July 1st, it will have been a decade of retirement for us.

Like you mentioned, debt free was number one for us, so we have yet to touch our savings even though inflation has cut it's value in half.

I learned after a couple years it had been me creating my own stress in life, and it has not changed.

Like you mentioned, you are doing your own shit and I have a ton of it to do. Car/Boat shop, wood shop, etc. etc.

We enjoy our own company with kids and grandkids visits being the best.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:09 PM 04-06-2024
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
I can identify with so much of this. July 1st, it will have been a decade of retirement for us.

Like you mentioned, debt free was number one for us, so we have yet to touch our savings even though inflation has cut it's value in half.

I learned after a couple years it had been me creating my own stress in life, and it has not changed.

Like you mentioned, you are doing your own shit and I have a ton of it to do. Car/Boat shop, wood shop, etc. etc.

we have no debt but the house. But, it’s worth at least $500K more than we owe. We may sell and have a house mortgage free and then we have no debt.

We have some cash but not the $1million or more I read online is the bar. That seems high for middle class unless you started saving in your 20’s.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 07:12 PM 04-06-2024
Originally Posted by HemiEd:

Yeah, I’m looking to a stress free environment, at least no work stress. The last two years have been extremely difficult for me, health wise and I think getting rid of the work stress will help tremendously
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 09:40 PM 04-06-2024
Yeah, I’m looking to a stress free environment, at least no work stress. The last two years have been extremely difficult for me, health wise and I think getting rid of the work stress will help tremendously
Same boat. 6 months and some change for me.
[Reply]
HemiEd 04:29 AM 04-07-2024
I get it and wish you the best on that.

Now I stress about stupid shit like weeds in the yard etc. :-)
[Reply]
Mosbonian 12:03 PM 04-07-2024
Work stress is what was part of what helped me make my decision to retire.

I didn't want them to carry me out of the office toes up and have a stranger show up to my wife's work and tell her that her husband died of a heart attack.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 08:43 AM 04-08-2024
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:

I didn't want them to carry me out of the office toes up and have a stranger show up to my wife's work and tell her that her husband died of a heart attack.
Yep, if you can swing it…it’s liberating. Between bureaucratic and political office bullshit, changing leadership and philosophical direction, and constantly changing technology that came with minimal ‘training’—all of which you endure every 7-9 yrs as part of a normal cycle, COVID and toxic cultural issues were the final straw. I do what I want, when I want, how I want and if I want. It’s awesome.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 09:17 AM 04-08-2024

Yep, if you can swing… it’s liberating. Between bureaucratic and political office bullshit, changing leadership and philosophical direction, and constantly changing technology that came with minimal ‘training’—all of which you endure every 7-9 yrs as part of a normal cycle, COVID and toxic cultural issues were the final straw. I do what I want, when I want, how I want and if I want. It’s awesome.
[Reply]
cabletech94 05:45 PM 04-05-2024
Hey Mosbo , if you downvote me again for joking about signing Boyd, I’ll have Billay break your retired hip!!

Happy retirement brother, hope I can make it one day!!!
[Reply]
Mosbonian 05:52 PM 04-05-2024
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
Hey Mosbo , if you downvote me again for joking about signing Boyd, I’ll have Billay break your retired hip!!

Says the guy who downvoted me because I said the Royals haven't had a major league level team since 2015.

Thanks and I hope you have a happy retirement when that day comes.
[Reply]
cabletech94 12:16 AM 04-06-2024
Says the guy who downvoted me because I said the Royals haven't had a major league level team since 2015.

Thanks and I hope you have a happy retirement when that day comes.
lol. My bad!! May have been a sausage-finger moment!! Heh, good catch!!
[Reply]
Mosbonian 08:02 AM 04-06-2024
lol. My bad!! May have been a sausage-finger moment!! Heh, good catch!!
Yeah...I catch myself doing that also....no harm, no foul.

Plus one time I did it when I was using my new phone and it was still bringing up all the posts....I accidentally negged something I agreed with and felt like a fool.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:04 PM 04-05-2024
I remember being in my early 20’s, looked at my check stub and thought of that Social Security money being taken out. Thought I’d never see that money…. May have to retire soon. Never know where life will take you.
[Reply]
jdubya 08:27 PM 04-05-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I remember being in my early 20’s, looked at my check stub and thought of that Social Security money being taken out. Thought I’d never see that money…. May have to retire soon. Never know where life will take you.
Speaking of social security, I guess 30 credits is what is needed to receive benefits/medicare. I checked my account and I have 29/30 credits as most of my 20 year career I didnt pay into SS so I received no credits.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 09:04 PM 04-05-2024
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Speaking of social security, I guess 30 credits is what is needed to receive benefits/medicare. I checked my account and I have 29/30 credits as most of my 20 year career I didnt pay into SS so I received no credits.
Take a job for six months somewhere at Menards or Lowe’s and you’re good?! That or take spousal benefits from your spouse? ��
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up