View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 337 of 343
« First < 237287327333334335336337 338339340341 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:49 AM 03-15-2023
I think he's gonna get every bit of that 25M a year to be honest. Somebody will pay him. Hes better than Taylor. If we paid 20M for Taylor and OBJ has to sign for 17M per then we did it wrong. And this is coming from a guy who thinks OBJ is vastly overrated.

Taylor has a chance to be better due to his athleticism and profile, but there are no guarantees.
[Reply]
Warpaint69 06:53 AM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I think he's gonna get every bit of that 25M a year to be honest. Somebody will pay him. Hes better than Taylor. If we paid 20M for Taylor and OBJ has to sign for 17M per then we did it wrong. And this is coming from a guy who thinks OBJ is vastly overrated.

Taylor has a chance to be better due to his athleticism and profile, but there are no guarantees.
The longer he holds out thinking he's a LT the lower his price tag is going to drop in free agency. Typically once you get past the first day the money teams are paying starts dropping off. His skillset is also limiting as a LT if a team is anything other than a run heavy team.
[Reply]
Skyy God 06:57 AM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy:
I can't remember anyone fumbling the bag quite this bad.

15 helped him out tremendously with scrambling ability, because if he was a statue, Orlando would have had horrific sack numbers.

The league clearly views him as a right tackle. His stance that he's a left tackle is likely going to change over the next few weeks while he tries to get some type of bag.

Veach handled this beautifully. He knew the landscape and wasn't going to be a prisoner of the moment because of the Super Bowl.

Regardless, I'd have massive concerns that the guy who had one of the worst athletic profiles coming out of college stayed hungry when already has won a Super Bowl and got paid. I don't think he's going to age well in the NFL.
This.

OBJ doesn’t seem like the best conditioned athlete, and that neither ages well nor improves with guaranteed money.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:03 AM 03-15-2023

Lolololol, the Chiefs did it wrong if OBJ and his agent end up with egg on their faces and have to end up settling for a much lower than expected deal? Were you born this retarded or do you have to actively work at it?
[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:39 AM 03-15-2023
I just hope that someone signs him prior to the draft. Although, the Chiefs signing Taylor would offset the comp pick, there are other free agents that we're expecting to lose, so comp picks are still in play until the draft. I would say right now that Wiley and Ominehu offset each other. Brown would offset Taylor, leaving comp picks for Hardman and Thornhill if they sign before the draft.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:06 AM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
He did not hold out though. He signed the tag perhaps even against the advice of his agent. He also was not a distraction. He balked at the Chiefs offer last year and clearly that struck a chord with Veach. It is clear a bridge appears to be burned. That's a shame. Good player, good teammate, and that's all she wrote.

Orlando played a stupid game and won a stupid prize. Don't mess with the wizard that is Brett Veach. He knows more than anyone.

(It does crack me up the other GM's sided with Veach though. They weren't about to let Veach make them look stupid like he so often has. The wizard!)
I don't think the GMs sided with Veach at all. They just don't seem dumb enough to pay him what he wants for a position they do not believe he's very good at. If they did think he was a great up and coming LT they would have been lining to sign him. He overvalued himself and Veach called his bluff and now he is dealing with the aftermath. He will get signed, but not for anything close top what he thought he would get.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:21 AM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
It would be the biggest slice of humble pie ever. I would be impressed if Orlando is able to set aside his ego and stay with the Chiefs.
I can't see it at this point. It's like telling your employer you want a raise, he offers you one and you refuse because it's not enough. You demand more and he refuses but gives you a bonus for one year. He then offers you the same raise and you refuse again and leave. He replaces you and when you realize your former employer's offer is the best you will get, you try to come back. Unfortunately they have moved on and no longer need you.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:24 AM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I just hope that someone signs him prior to the draft. Although, the Chiefs signing Taylor would offset the comp pick, there are other free agents that we're expecting to lose, so comp picks are still in play until the draft. I would say right now that Wiley and Ominehu offset each other. Brown would offset Taylor, leaving comp picks for Hardman and Thornhill if they sign before the draft.
Don't think the comp picks are relevant in this draft. It will be the next one.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:50 AM 03-15-2023

15 helped him out tremendously with scrambling ability, because if he was a statue, Orlando would have had horrific sack numbers.

The league clearly views him as a right tackle. His stance that he's a left tackle is likely going to change over the next few weeks while he tries to get some type of bag.

Veach handled this beautifully. He knew the landscape and wasn't going to be a prisoner of the moment because of the Super Bowl.

Regardless, I'd have massive concerns that the guy who had one of the worst athletic profiles coming out of college stayed hungry when already has won a Super Bowl and got paid. I don't think he's going to age well in the NFL.
In addition to Patrick's ability to avoid sacks, Orlando also had Joe Thuney next to him to help out. Thuney is arguably the best Left Guard in the entire league. That's gotta be pretty helpful for whoever is at the Left Tackle spot.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:01 AM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
That's not how it works.
[Reply]
Toad 09:01 AM 03-15-2023

He wasn’t going to sign for $17mm with the Chiefs. This much we absolutely know with certainty. So, he forced us to move on.

If he signs for $17mm, the HE did it wrong.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:38 AM 03-15-2023

via GIPHY

[Reply]
crispystl 09:42 AM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
In addition to Patrick's ability to avoid sacks, Orlando also had Joe Thuney next to him to help out. Thuney is arguably the best Left Guard in the entire league. That's gotta be pretty helpful for whoever is at the Left Tackle spot.
yup IIRC he played terrible the game Thuney was out against the gals too.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:44 AM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by crispystl:
yup IIRC he played terrible the game Thuney was out against the gals too.
Kind of an understatement. He got wrecked thoroughly on the play that ultimately ended our last drive and decided the game.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:17 AM 03-15-2023
Lamaar Jackson.
[Reply]
Page 337 of 343
« First < 237287327333334335336337 338339340341 > Last »
Up