View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 335 of 343
« First < 235285325331332333334335 336337338339 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:34 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
Who are the 55 people that voted YES they would pay OBJ 6 years @ $145M?
Not me. I wanted him gone.
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:46 PM 03-14-2023
The Chiefs literally offered him $6 mil less than that. They offered him 6 yr/$139 mil. I'm sure if Brown would have negotiated and said, "ok, I'll sign, but for $1 mil a year more" then they would have obliged.

I really liked Brown, but kinda found one thing annoying and it was with his reluctance to sign because of the funny money. There is always funny money at the end of contracts to increase AAV. The Chiefs though have shown that even though it's considered funny money they will pay you or rework your deal, which typically gets the player the money quicker, if the player isn't just complete trash and not hurt.

Frank Clark had huge numbers in years 3,4,5 and the team worked with him. KC could have easily dropped him last year to save money and didn't.

Chris Jones had big cap hits and KC could get out of it easily, but they won't.

I don't think we're gonna get rid of Joe Thuney and his big cap hits next year and the year after when they could easily.

The Chiefs are going to give guys good deals, but have to look out for the team if things go bad with the player. If OBJ just played the same, then he would have gotten that back end money. Dude was a complete idiot and its looking more and more likely that he really screwed himself out of big money. Dude could have been the man and gotten paid, but it looks like he overvalued himself. Idiot.
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:49 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Yea, and then there were those of us that thought those Chiefs fans were still a bit delusional because...

We basically believed what Brown had been saying all along about money and guarantees as evidence by not signing last year...

And Brown and Mr. V were too far apart...
The Chiefs basically offered him the contract in OP, so what's up with circle jerk. Y'all are gonna chafe each other's dicks stroking each other off like this.
[Reply]
wazu 06:49 PM 03-14-2023
Better question would be: Who are the 61 people who don't care about the health of Patrick Mahomes?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:55 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
The Chiefs basically offered him the contract in OP, so what's up with circle jerk. Y'all are gonna chafe each other's dicks stroking each other off like this.
Lol I guess, but the guarantees were laughably low. A 30 million signing bonus and the first two years guaranteed. That's it. Depending on how it was structured (almost assuredly the first year was incredibly low to back load a bit) you're most likely looking at roughly 50 million guaranteed out of that contract. Also had a hilariously inflated 6th year that he never would've seen. So it was effectively a 5/95 with roughly half guaranteed.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:00 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Yea, and then there were those of us that thought those Chiefs fans were still a bit delusional because...

We basically believed what Brown had been saying all along about money and guarantees as evidence by not signing last year...

And Brown and Mr. V were too far apart...
I'm guessing if he would have accepted 4 fo4 85 with 60 guaranteed, he would still be a Chief. Veach definitely got it right.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:37 PM 03-14-2023
still can't believe orlando played himself :-)

veach is the GOAT

carl would have been bent over
[Reply]
BossChief 07:38 PM 03-14-2023
Gonna be interesting to see what he ends up getting.
[Reply]
-King- 07:49 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Also goes a long way in further clarifying why Veach didn't tag him. He has no suitors at his current price even without having to give us compensation.
Yep. And a bad agent would have known this back in November after calling around the league. Objs agent is like leagues worse than a bad agent right now. Wtf has he been doing the past full year?
[Reply]
TEX 07:54 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by wazu:
Better question would be: Who are the 61 people who don't care about the health of Patrick Mahomes?
Way off... The 61 cared a great deal about the health of Patrick Mahomes. That's why we did not want to pay OBJ what he was asking. We knew an upgrade could be had for less. Apparently, Veach agreed :-)
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:40 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Well...,

It is the off-season...

And I tried to avoid getting caught up in the either/or Brown love/hate.

But any time somebody says you have to keep player X...

Because he is just too important or too hard to replace...

There is only one player that applies to.

Kelce has been criminally underpaid, so there's really no worries there at least yet. But that is his choice to take team friendly deals and TE being underpaid probably in general...
[Reply]
tredadda 10:23 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:
Yep. And a bad agent would have known this back in November after calling around the league. Objs agent is like leagues worse than a bad agent right now. Wtf has he been doing the past full year?
Watching that Wilford Brimley commercial about Diabeetus.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:52 PM 03-14-2023
Schefter said you better get your money on the first day of free agency or the price starts going down over time. Gonna be hilarious if Orlando ends up with less money than the Chiefs offered him. What a dipshit.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:03 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Gonna be hilarious if Orlando ends up with less money than the Chiefs offered him. What a dipshit.
now imagine him playing RT for KC at an even lower cost
[Reply]
DRM08 11:06 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
now imagine him playing RT for KC at an even lower cost
I don't see it happening. His pride won't let him stay in Kansas City as a Right Tackle at this point. I think he ends up in another town, probably a very bad team.
[Reply]
Page 335 of 343
« First < 235285325331332333334335 336337338339 > Last »
Up