View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 334 of 343
« First < 234284324330331332333334 335336337338 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:22 PM 03-14-2023
Also goes a long way in further clarifying why Veach didn't tag him. He has no suitors at his current price even without having to give us compensation.
[Reply]
New World Order 04:23 PM 03-14-2023
Veach is a damn genius while this guy will be working at McDonald’s in the summer
[Reply]
Shields68 04:33 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
He looked good in Baltimore’s offense at LT. If he could talk the Bears into a one year deal and then excel in their offense…he could get a decent payday. Not top 3 by any means….but still good money.

He also has $16 million and a Super Bowl ring….so he could retire and be just fine.
Problem is Poles likes the cheap 5th rounder at LT and wants to upgrade the rest of the line. I think they were out on OBJ from the start. Unless he wants to play RT money there.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:36 PM 03-14-2023
He overrated himself and his agent must be trash. He can't block speed rushers for shit and we had to use McKinnon as a chipper to help him out against good teams. The league is saying you are not elite.
[Reply]
tredadda 04:41 PM 03-14-2023
KC was willing to pay him like a LT and play him as one. Ultimately he and his agent did not like the contract offer. Good thing he chose one who relates to him due to diabetes.
[Reply]
Balto 04:46 PM 03-14-2023
Who are the 55 people that voted YES they would pay OBJ 6 years @ $145M?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:48 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
We could pull up the receipts in the thread, but they'll hide or act like it never happened.
[Reply]
Chiefsfan1 04:51 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Also goes a long way in further clarifying why Veach didn't tag him. He has no suitors at his current price even without having to give us compensation.
Great point. Tagging and trading him was clearly untenable. We would've been stuck with his $20M cap hit through free agency and either capitulating to his demands or letting him walk for sure next year. Instead, Veach let him walk and replaced him immediately with a much better fit in Jawaan Taylor. Now Orlando is finding out the Chiefs' offer was the best offer he was going to get.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:53 PM 03-14-2023
I hope he goes on TV and asks the football teams if his agent has gotten ahold of them
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:56 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Yet, yet all of us on here who said he wasn't very good at LT were told he was a top 10 if not top 5 LT. :-)
I was not in the extend Brown camp. But to be fair to the more nuanced posters, some were essentially saying he was good enough that KC would have to pay him like he was top 5, not because he actually was top 5, but a combination of the most recently extended are always a little over paid because contracts are always going up.

But mostly just because KC would find it too hard to replace him.

I never bought this second argument but I didn't follow the NFL closely enough to argue who would be available at what price.

But I just didn't see KC extending Brown to an over priced contract given his poor fit.

It just never made sense to me. Although I didn't entirely rule it out either.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:59 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:
I'd take Brown back as RT on a RT salary. Veach should phone that twerp who represents Brown and flip him an offer. :-)
If he had a good attitude, sure...

But I would be nervous about that for sure.

(Not that I see that ever see Brown doing that...)
[Reply]
BossChief 05:01 PM 03-14-2023
What our coaches were able to get out of Orlando was impressive and makes me optimistic about the much more athletic Taylor being coached up.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:18 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
I think most thought that was more a 3-4 year deal with 22-23 per the first 3 and you could get out in year 4 when it ballooned to give the appearance of the #1 LT contract.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:24 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
What our coaches were able to get out of Orlando was impressive and makes me optimistic about the much more athletic Taylor being coached up.
The SB win, with the field conditions helping our tackles a ton, really glosses over how bad he was for most of the season. I'll reserve not arguing about the coaches again in this thread. Most pressures by a LT speaks enough for itself. I know you banged the drum to keep this cat but I'm so fucking glad he's gone. At least Wylie made peanuts for being ass but this guy got paid good money to be subpar.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:29 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
I think most thought that was more a 3-4 year deal with 22-23 per the first 3 and you could get out in year 4 when it ballooned to give the appearance of the #1 LT contract.
Yea, and then there were those of us that thought those Chiefs fans were still a bit delusional because...

We basically believed what Brown had been saying all along about money and guarantees as evidence by not signing last year...

And Brown and Mr. V were too far apart...
[Reply]
Page 334 of 343
« First < 234284324330331332333334 335336337338 > Last »
Up