View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 329 of 343
« First < 229279319325326327328329 330331332333339 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
mkp785 08:00 PM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
We're talking 65% of whatever it is he wants. If his demands were CRAZY (like $30 million per season), 65% of that is less than $20 million per year. Are you suggesting we shouldn't pay him <$20 million per?
He doesn't want that though. He wants more. You bring up weird numbers that have nothing to do with the conversation. It has been discussed over and over and over and OVER what he wants. In this very thread.

OBJ wanted to reset the market for LTs....before he won a super bowl. Now? He's going to want crazy numbers.

KC needs to move him while his value is sky high.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:37 PM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by mkp785:
He doesn't want that though. He wants more. You bring up weird numbers that have nothing to do with the conversation. It has been discussed over and over and over and OVER what he wants. In this very thread.

OBJ wanted to reset the market for LTs....before he won a super bowl. Now? He's going to want crazy numbers.

KC needs to move him while his value is sky high.
Perhaps you should check the post to which I was replying.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:51 PM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
You just can't equal the Hill and Brown situations.

The Chiefs were confident they can scheme around not having Tyreek around anymore. Just can't scheme around bad blocking.
I think the idea that it's either give Brown whatever he wants or accept bad blocking is a false narrative.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:58 PM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I think the idea that it's either give Brown whatever he wants or accept bad blocking is a false narrative.
Didn't you know that no rookie ever could be better than leading all starting LTs in pressures given up in a season?

I think the Chiefs could easily find a trade partner for OBj and they'd probably get a high 2nd at the very least. A team that wants to run the ball would easily want him. Hell, the Steelers have pick 32. I bet they'd give that up for Brown in a heartbeat.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:08 PM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Didn't you know that no rookie ever could be better than leading all starting LTs in pressures given up in a season?

I think the Chiefs could easily find a trade partner for OBj and they'd probably get a high 2nd at the very least. A team that wants to run the ball would easily want him. Hell, the Steelers have pick 32. I bet they'd give that up for Brown in a heartbeat.
See, I'd take that in a heartbeat, and I'd sign like an Andre Dillard type to compete/swing tackle and draft Anton Harrison and Andre Carter at #31 and #32, still have money to upgrade RT and be happy.
[Reply]
Cosmos 09:18 PM 02-13-2023
My thinking is pretty straightforward…

A top 3 paid LT level of play should ELEVATE the player next to him, and the entire line in general.

Now consider how good OBJ would be..if Joe Tuney (all pro), wasn’t sitting on his right shoulder every snap…

Is OBJ elevating Tuney, or is it the other way around..based on the snaps you have actually watched?

I think OBJ OVERALL, is in the top 8-10 LT in the game, with the potential to be much better.

Does that mean it makes sense to pay him top 3 (my estimation), or go a different direction?

There are TENS of millions of cap dollars at stake in that call.

Could see it go either way, but hope that he would take a short term, home friendly deal…chase another couple of championships, and then cash out on his next contract to the highest bidder, when he’s still young (30 ish).
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:40 PM 02-13-2023

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
mkp785 09:45 PM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by Cosmos:

A top 3 paid LT level of play should ELEVATE the player next to him, and the entire line in general.

Now consider how good OBJ would be..if Joe Tuney (all pro), wasn’t sitting on his right shoulder every snap…

Is OBJ elevating Tuney, or is it the other way around..based on the snaps you have actually watched?

I think OBJ OVERALL, is in the top 8-10 LT in the game, with the potential to be much better.

Does that mean it makes sense to pay him top 3 (my estimation), or go a different direction?

Could see it go either way, but hope that he would take a short term, home friendly deal…chase another couple of championships, and then cash out on his next contract to the highest bidder, when he’s still young (30 ish).
He's not. He'd be the 1st ever to do something like that, considering his history as it relates to money.

He'll be signing for the most money he can make. Wisely, quite frankly.

It doesn't need to be here.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:51 PM 02-13-2023
You guys thinking OBJ hasn’t proven that he deserves to be the next in line for a big payday at LT are kidding themselves.

He played extremely well from about week 7 with thd outlier being the first Cincy game.

If he still wants 25m aav, they should give it to him.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 09:57 PM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by Cosmos:

What are you smoking...

...and why don't you share???
[Reply]
kcpasco 09:58 PM 02-13-2023
I trust Bart Vreech to do whatever is good for this franchise regarding this dude.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:08 PM 02-13-2023
Rather have Wylie. He made arguably a top 3 defensive player in the NFL his bitch yesterday

Andrew. Wylie. pic.twitter.com/HWr0O386dT

— Josh Cohen (@JCohen_NFL) February 13, 2023

[Reply]
dlphg9 11:01 PM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
We’re only going to be able to keep 2-3 of the following

Sneed - [B]Pay this man, maybe, unless he wants just an insane out of money. I mean Veech has been probably the best person I've ever seen at acquiring CBs in the draft. Not a FA though.[B]

Thornhill - [B]I'd keep at a fairly cheap deal, but he probably will sign for more somewhere else. [B]

Saunders - [B]he should be relatively cheap, but I absolutely try to keep him. I'd probably overpay for him too. When he was in the game he was making a good play. All season long and was probably the 2nd best defensive lineman on the team. If he can make even more progress next year, then he's super important on D. I'd like to see him getting at least 60% of snaps next year too. [B]

Juju - [B]projections of $12 mil/yr deals make me super interested. If he takes less than $15 mil/yr then you absolutely sign him.[B]

Orlando - [B]Pay him. There is absolutely no OT that the brainiac offensive line experts on this board that is going to live up to their standards. It's impossible with how Mahomes plays and how much we throw the ball.[B]

Hardman - I'd go 3/$30 mil or maybe a 1 year deal where he could make about $12 mil with incentives.

Then you have the next tier of guys with expiring deals/deals that won’t stay as is

Clark -[B] cut and get your $20 mil in cap savings[B]
Dunlap - [B]replace with another aging vet[B]
Wiley - [B]he's not bad and also looks worse due to Mahomes play style and amount of times passing. Sign him to a 3 yr/$9 mil[B]
Williams - [B]replace[B]
McKinnon - [B]replace, because someone will pay him too much[B]
Watson - [B]replace[B]
Harris - [B]replace[B]

Lots of work to do.
Only a couple of these guys will command a lot of money. Also Chris Jones needs an extension.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:03 PM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Rather have Wylie. He made arguably a top 3 defensive player in the NFL his bitch yesterday

Wylie and OBJ don't play the same position and Wylie would never get paid enough to keep us from signing Brown. You're such a dipshit.
[Reply]
TribalElder 08:50 PM 02-14-2023

lock it down for 6 years
[Reply]
Page 329 of 343
« First < 229279319325326327328329 330331332333339 > Last »
Up