View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 323 of 343
« First < 223273313319320321322323 324325326327333 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
O.city 12:28 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If Chark and JJSS cost the same, isn't the answer pretty obviously Chark?

And honestly, there's a pretty good chance he costs much less than JuJu.

I just struggle to come up with a scenario where retaining JuJu outweighs the opportunity cost in a dozen different alternate approaches.
For the cost of JJSS, you could theoretically have Hardman and Darius Slayton.

That seems like alot better bang for your buck, no?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:33 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
merely OK

Did you feel like Jackson Carman played a comparable game to OBJ yesterday?

Because PFF does.

I just don't think these squads were graded on the same curve at all. OBJ was largely a non-factor yesterday whereas Carman was a real problem. And PFF saw them both being roughly the same guy.

Nah - not seeing it.
[Reply]
O.city 12:33 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
We aren’t paying any receiver $20 million lmao
What do you think JJSS is gonna want and or ask for?
[Reply]
Mecca 12:35 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
It really depends, it's a terrible WR market but teams may back off that since WR's have become so expensive or they'll overpay...

I think some dudes may get cut because teams decide they can't pay the rates..
[Reply]
jd1020 12:36 PM 01-30-2023
Hopefully it's a similar story to Hill and whatever he asks for is more than the Chiefs are willing to pay.
[Reply]
O.city 12:37 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It really depends, it's a terrible WR market but teams may back off that since WR's have become so expensive or they'll overpay...

Oh I for sure think guys will get cut. I wonder if the Bucs will make Godwin available or Evans?

One of those would work here nicely.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:38 PM 01-30-2023
He’s a guy you say you’d like back but let him see what he’s worth. You set a hard number for him and stick to it.

IMO we are bringing back Brown Jr on an extension. If that happens I could definitely see a scenario where we draft a WR in rd 1.

Hardman’s gone. He’s gonna get paid more than we can give. Maybe Juju too. And Toney is made of glass.

Not convinced that they will draft a pass rusher in the 1st again. As of now I’m thinking it looks like Tackle or WR
[Reply]
mkp785 12:38 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:

Hopkins will be on a new team next year as well too, I'd bet. Any team that WOULD give Juju a big check will look at getting Nuk first. Makes it easier for us to get him cheap(ish).
[Reply]
O.city 12:39 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He’s a guy you say you’d like back but let him see what he’s worth. You set a hard number for him and stick to it.

IMO we are bringing back Brown Jr on an extension. If that happens I could definitely see a scenario where we draft a WR in rd 1.

Hardman’s gone. He’s gonna get paid more than we can give. Maybe Juju too. And Toney is made of glass.

Not convinced that they will draft a pass rusher in the 1st again. As of now I’m thinking it looks like Tackle or WR
Looking at the current market, I'd go to the draft for my WR's from a cost standpoint. Unless one of the big guys gets moved for cheap like Amari did last year, I'd try to build it from the ground up.

RT could probably be had via the 2nd or 3rd round and if you sign OBJ, you're good on the OL.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:43 PM 01-30-2023
Looking at the current market, I'd go to the draft for my WR's from a cost standpoint. Unless one of the big guys gets moved for cheap like Amari did last year, I'd try to build it from the ground up.

RT could probably be had via the 2nd or 3rd round and if you sign OBJ, you're good on the OL.
The SB will have a run heavy team that traded for an elite WR going against a pass heavy team that traded away an elite receiver.

So that's interesting.
[Reply]
O.city 01:08 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The SB will have a run heavy team that traded for an elite WR going against a pass heavy team that traded away an elite receiver.

So that's interesting.
Yeah, but I'd phrase it more as

The SB will have a QB that's on a 2nd round rookie deal vs one that's been paid in regards to making said moves.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:22 PM 01-30-2023
Last night is why you don't want "anybody but OBJ!!!" to play LT. Brown held up; Cincy's OL did NOT. It's not difficult to see the impact of that reality on the game.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:23 PM 01-30-2023
Yeah, but I'd phrase it more as

The SB will have a QB that's on a 2nd round rookie deal vs one that's been paid in regards to making said moves.
True. I REALLY wanted to take a shot at Reddick in the offseason and he's been an absolute beast. However, the birds were in a much better position to pay him.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:27 PM 01-30-2023
You look at a team like the Bengals. Jonah Williams isn’t that good. They need a replacement.

But they’re stuck with him bc they’re too good to draft early. Brown Jr is adequate at times, but boy when he struggles, he really struggles
[Reply]
Eleazar 03:30 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Last night is why you don't want "anybody but OBJ!!!" to play LT. Brown held up; Cincy's OL did NOT. It's not difficult to see the impact of that reality on the game.
If you're going to the Super Bowl with that player at the most important position on the line, you have to conclude that he's good enough to get to the Super Bowl with... right?
[Reply]
Page 323 of 343
« First < 223273313319320321322323 324325326327333 > Last »
Up