View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 233 of 343
« First < 133183223229230231232233 234235236237243283333 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:20 PM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Wasn't that his first game back from some lower body/leg injury?
Irrelevant when evaluating Trent Williams. He's ALWAYS Fucking hurt.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 03:26 PM 11-03-2022

Weekly update of best offensive tackles in 2022.

At some point I have to remove Greg Little from this chart to make it more readable pic.twitter.com/UjEWqwXTzl

— Timo Riske (@PFF_Moo) November 2, 2022

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:31 PM 11-03-2022
Woof, they're right in line with the disaster piece Cincinnati put in front of Burrow
[Reply]
tyecopeland 03:39 PM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Woof, they're right in line with the disaster piece Cincinnati put in front of Burrow
Keep in mind that it reads a little backwards. Toward the left is the harder assignments so it's not as bad as it initially looks.

Bottom right corner would be the worst place to be.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:46 PM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
What's your point?

Just spotlighting the best tackles.

No real point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:48 PM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:

This is better than mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:51 PM 11-03-2022
The posters who want him gone had better get ready for an overpay and him staying long term. This picture sealed the deal for me. If Mahomes is seeing you socially, especially in his family time. He’s getting signed.

People bitched about Fisher all the time he was here. I guess we are going to continue that Chief Planet tradition.

That said, I’m not saying he’s great, deserves it etc etc. just that it’s going to happen.
Attached: 85B3CC5B-EA16-47E2-804F-7455CCCF7A89.jpg (44.4 KB) 
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:52 PM 11-03-2022
Keep in mind that it reads a little backwards. Toward the left is the harder assignments so it's not as bad as it initially looks.

Nah, that's still fucking shit for Brown. Wylie is drawing the harder assignments yet outperforming him a bit.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:56 PM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The posters who want him gone had better get ready for an overpay and him staying long term. This picture sealed the deal for me. If Mahomes is seeing you socially, especially in his family time. He’s getting signed.

People bitched about Fisher all the time he was here. I guess we are going to continue that Chief Planet tradition.

That said, I’m not saying he’s great, deserves it etc etc. just that it’s going to happen.
:-) Hill was incredibly tight with Mahomes both on and off the field. It was meaningless when it came to the business of overpaying Hill vs trading him away for a glut of assets.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:05 PM 11-03-2022

Exactly.

Wylie is drawing a fairly significant amount of difficult assignments compared to Brown but they're performing at about the same level.

Makes OBJ look pretty bad, honestly. Makes Wylie look a little better.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:10 PM 11-03-2022
I'm calling it right now, mostly because I'm waiting for something here for another 45 minutes, and because I'm bored.

OBJ will be signed after the season is over. It's practically a done deal unless OBJ totally shits himself in the playoffs. He's practically Pat's best friend, and Andy obviously sees something in him to have Veach offer him the first contract at all. So, unless something crazy comes out of left field, our permanent LT for the foreseeable future is going to be Orlando Brown, Jr.

Mark it down, please.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:14 PM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Hill was incredibly tight with Mahomes both on and off the field. It was meaningless when it came to the business of overpaying Hill vs trading him away for a glut of assets.
This is not apples to apples. Too many on here think he’s shit. It’s coloring their opinions. Hill was obvious. Too much money long term and we can get draft picks back. Again I’m not advocating one way or the other.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:16 PM 11-03-2022
Nah. That's only happening if Brown and his agent bring their price down SIGNIFICANTLY. Veach wasn't willing to give into his demands last offseason and literally nothing has been accomplished so far to make Veach more likely to acquiesce and pay more.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:30 PM 11-03-2022
PFF is bullshit, but I will point out that Yosh Nijman is outperforming OBJ, and is my personal trade project next season to replace him.

:-)
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:21 PM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

I won't be shocked if he signs here. But I will be mildly surprised.

I also won't be shocked if it is eventually seen as Frank Clark II.

But if he is signed, I'll be cheering for the best. Certainly would be better if KC could use their draft picks somewhere else.
[Reply]
Page 233 of 343
« First < 133183223229230231232233 234235236237243283333 > Last »
Up