ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 31
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs potentially building new stadium in Kansas
Sassy Squatch 09:45 AM 03-29-2022

Chiefs prez Mark Donovan, when asked this AM about potential new stadium options, said the team has considered options in state of Kansas. They like Arrowhead and legacy of Lamar Hunt’s stadium, but have been pitched by Kansas developers on a bunch of options. Something to watch.

— Kevin Clark (@bykevinclark) March 29, 2022

[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:47 AM 03-29-2022
The only thing I'd even consider is one that had down town somewhere in the skyline close.

Otherwise leave it where it is, there is something to be said about coming over that hill down into the parking lot.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:59 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
The only thing I'd even consider is one that had down town somewhere in the skyline close.

Otherwise leave it where it is, there is something to be said about coming over that hill down into the parking lot.
**** that... Arrowhead is so easy to get in our out compared to any downtown stadium, specifically when you are drawing fans, like myself, from outside of KC, so public transportation is secondary. I would just watch on TV. They need to leave Arrowhead the **** alone.
[Reply]
Hoover 10:02 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
**** that... Arrowhead is so easy to get in our out compared to any downtown stadium, specifically when you are drawing fans, like myself, from outside of KC, so public transportation is secondary. I would just watch on TV. They need to leave Arrowhead the **** alone.
Arrowhead is a dream in terms of traffic. I've been to a bunch of NFL stadiums and KC is by far the easiest to deal with. Hell for the Bill's playoff game, I drove straight from my house to the stadium without any traffic. It was nuts. Same leaving. Got out in a flash.
[Reply]
O.city 09:47 AM 03-29-2022
"Hey Jackson county/Missouri, pony up or we're going to Kansas"
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:51 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
"Hey Jackson county/Missouri, pony up or we're going to Kansas"
"If the fucking Bills can get a $1.5 billion stadium, you fuckers better get it together."
[Reply]
TribalElder 09:47 AM 03-29-2022
fuck kansas
[Reply]
louie aguiar 09:47 AM 03-29-2022
Negotiating tactic. They can build on the spot where Kauffman Stadium is when the Royals move downtown.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:09 AM 03-30-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Negotiating tactic. They can build on the spot where Kauffman Stadium is when the Royals move downtown.
I hope that's the case. It's a win-win IMO.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:48 AM 03-29-2022
I would hate them leaving Arrowhead so much. Don't feel the same way about the Royals leaving Kauffman which seems like a done deal at this point.
[Reply]
strickjn 09:48 AM 03-29-2022
Did not know they were even considering leaving Arrowhead. Sad.
[Reply]
Dante84 09:51 AM 03-29-2022
Can they just tear down Kemper, drop in the new Kauffman, and then expand the new Arrowhead at the current site?
[Reply]
Dartgod 10:06 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Can they just tear down Kemper, drop in the new Kauffman, and then expand the new Arrowhead at the current site?
That would be a terrible location for the Royals stadium.
[Reply]
jettio 03:06 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Kemper has been renovated to put a floor between the upper and lower decks and it hosts a lot of youth sports.

There was an episode on Engineering Disasters or Engineering Catastrophes about the 1979 roof collapse, and it showed the current setup during the show.
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:53 AM 03-29-2022
lmao this is going to be a great thread of missouri people flipping out
[Reply]
Page 1 of 31
1 234511 > Last »
Up