ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 164 of 3903
« First < 64114154160161162163164 1651661671681742142646641164 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Fish 11:47 AM 03-12-2020
Coronavirus forces NHL to suspend regular season

The 2019-20 NHL regular season is on hold. The league will suspend play for all 31 teams starting on Thursday in response to the continued outbreak of the coronavirus around the United States, Canada and the world.

The league released the following statement:

“In light of ongoing developments resulting from the coronavirus, and after consulting with medical experts and convening a conference call of the Board of Governors, the National Hockey League is announcing today that it will pause the 2019‑20 season beginning with tonight’s games.

“The NHL has been attempting to follow the mandates of health experts and local authorities, while preparing for any possible developments without taking premature or unnecessary measures. However, following last night’s news that an NBA player has tested positive for coronavirus – and given that our leagues share so many facilities and locker rooms and it now seems likely that some member of the NHL community would test positive at some point – it is no longer appropriate to try to continue to play games at this time.

“We will continue to monitor all the appropriate medical advice, and we will encourage our players and other members of the NHL community to take all reasonable precautions – including by self-quarantine, where appropriate. Our goal is to resume play as soon as it is appropriate and prudent, so that we will be able to complete the season and award the Stanley Cup. Until then, we thank NHL fans for your patience and hope you stay healthy.”
[Reply]
Kman34 11:49 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
i really appreciate that buddy.

momma is having a tough time right now worried about it, especially with what we went through a couple months ago...fucking sucks
So sorry bud... hope everything works out.. good vibes sent...
[Reply]
Donger 11:50 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Other coronaviruses don’t fade in summer. Tom Hanks got it in the middle of Australian summer,
How long has he been in Australia though?
[Reply]
notorious 11:50 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Just heard Jeff Passan on 810 saying MLB is probably going to suspend the season until Mid April.

Seems to me the consensus so far is once we get into April this will hopefully slow down. At least that is probably what everyone is hoping for.
AIDSPRIL!!!!!!!
[Reply]
patteeu 11:53 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
How long has he been in Australia though?
I don’t know, but it’s summer in Australia and the virus is still infecting people.
[Reply]
O.city 11:54 AM 03-12-2020
It's not as much the hot weather that will help slow it down, but during warm months, we're not all coup ed up together so we can get out side and get the hell away from each other.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:55 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Can't believe this has happened. How the fuck does a virus cause this much chaos in this day and age with all of our technology?
I was chatting with someone about it last night and I think it's interesting from a leadership perspective.

(And this really isn't meant to be a political statement at all -- if nothing else it's touting science)

I've seen a couple articles that reference H1N1 as a guide for how viruses spread and how you have to get on top of it, even with limited knowledge. The graphs posted in this thread about containment are from historical data.

There's competing need to obtain more information about the virus with the fact that you have to act quickly... so, why not build a plan based on historical data? It might sound panicky to say on day 10, non-essential transportation should be cancelled and by day 15, huge gatherings should be limited.... but, at least there's a plan in place, and if more info becomes available, you change the plan on the fly.

It's the same thing at work... the less details that are given about a major shakeup, layoffs, etc; the more panic there will be without a real plan in that's been communicated, even if there is one in the background. Then rumors swirl, mixed messages are received, etc.

Transparency is good, even if most people are idiots and will do idiot things no matter what.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:57 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
It's not as much the hot weather that will help slow it down, but during warm months, we're not all coup ed up together so we can get out side and get the hell away from each other.
How does getting outside and increasing your interactions with the public decrease your odds of catching a virus?
[Reply]
O.city 12:00 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by jd1020:
How does getting outside and increasing your interactions with the public decrease your odds of catching a virus?
Theoretically, in the summer months were aren't stacked up together inside to stay warm.

Theoretically.
[Reply]
Bwana 12:00 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Unrelated but thought I'd check here - is there an actual open ChiefsPlanet thread where people are discussing guns? (Like, which ones to buy for the apocalypse, not D.C. threads debating the law.)
Yep

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...ght=gun+thread
[Reply]
staylor26 12:01 PM 03-12-2020
Theoretically, in the summer months were aren't stacked up together inside to stay warm.

Theoretically.
That still doesn’t make sense. If everybody is outside interacting with each other what difference does it make?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:02 PM 03-12-2020
Canceling public attendance at this weekends Indy car race

this a global pandemic. My most important job is public safety and health. It is for that reason that we are cancelling general attendance at the @GPSTPETE. We are working w/ the promoters and @IndyCar and will have more announcements later as to whether the race itself will run.

— Rick Kriseman (@Kriseman) March 12, 2020

[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:03 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Other coronaviruses don’t fade in summer. Tom Hanks got it in the middle of Australian summer,
Whether of fades in summer or not, Tom Hanks getting it in Australia means nothing. People still get the flu occasionally in summer here even though the flu fades once it warms up.
[Reply]
jd1020 12:04 PM 03-12-2020

Theoretically.
What in the actual fuck are you talking about.

If I'm inside not interacting with anyone and I dont have the virus there's a high probability that I wont get the virus. You are trying to say that if I go outside and interact with people who may have the virus that there's a lower chance I get it than if I just stayed the fuck away? That makes no god damn sense.
[Reply]
O.city 12:05 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
That still doesn’t make sense. If everybody is outside interacting with each other what difference does it make?
I'm guessing the thought is, you're not in a confined space all breathing the same air.

Same reason these things run rampant on a cruise ship.
[Reply]
Page 164 of 3903
« First < 64114154160161162163164 1651661671681742142646641164 > Last »
Up