ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2317 of 3903
« First < 1317181722172267230723132314231523162317 231823192320232123272367241728173317 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
srvy 03:27 PM 06-10-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Arizona

Cases: The 7-day avg has hit a new high. Cases shot up significantly from yesterday, 2nd highest number of cases reported ever.

Testing: PCR testing increased by about 1,200 tests from yesterday.

Spread: Overall PCR positive percentage ticked up again to 7.7% (up from a 6.6% low) and the average for this week is currently 14% (up from 12% last week). ⚠️ That's roughly 1 in 7 testing positive for COVID, up from 1 in 20 a month ago.

Hospital Utilization: ICU beds usage went up 76% to 79%. Inpatient bed occupancy shot up 78% to 83%. Hospitalizations for positive or suspected COVID-19 patients ticked up by 1%. Intubations increased by about 25% since yesterday. Ventilators in use shot up from 641 to 979, largest spike to date (could be weird data since number of vents available only went down by 40).
Did you buy a Mega Millions Lottery ticket? If so you may be a 400 million winner. Only one winner drawn and it was sold in Arizona.
[Reply]
R Clark 03:48 PM 06-10-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Do they? I am not saying they don't but what I said was it would be cool if we had the same exact situation without masks to see if masks did really work and if so to what degree???
I agree with a lot of your posts but damn that post reminds me of donger
[Reply]
lewdog 04:57 PM 06-10-2020
Pete, read this and report back. Thoughts?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN23G37V
[Reply]
O.city 05:07 PM 06-10-2020
Is wearing a mask a problem for some?

With my job I’m pretty used to it but wasn’t sure why it was such an issue for some?
[Reply]
DaFace 05:11 PM 06-10-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Is wearing a mask a problem for some?

With my job I’m pretty used to it but wasn’t sure why it was such an issue for some?
I get the minor reasons people don't like them. They're a bit uncomfortable, especially for long periods of time. They're a mild pain to remember to take along. They make it harder to understand. And they look funny.

None of those seem like a big deal to me, but couple that with a desire to not be a "sheep" or whatever, and you can understand it even if it is pretty silly.

I just wish people could understand that masks are the most likely path to preventing a repeat of lock downs this fall. Pick your poison I suppose.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 05:44 PM 06-10-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I get the minor reasons people don't like them. They're a bit uncomfortable, especially for long periods of time. They're a mild pain to remember to take along. They make it harder to understand. And they look funny.

None of those seem like a big deal to me, but couple that with a desire to not be a "sheep" or whatever, and you can understand it even if it is pretty silly.

I just wish people could understand that masks are the most likely path to preventing a repeat of lock downs this fall. Pick your poison I suppose.
Odds of another lockdown in MO occurring in your opinion?
[Reply]
petegz28 06:10 PM 06-10-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Pete, read this and report back. Thoughts?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN23G37V
You're missing my point. I would like to, though I understand it is impossible, tp have two side by side, real, actual life scenarios where one had masks and one did not. It's impossible to do. But it would be truly the only way to get the actual real answer as to what degree do masks really help.

It's all an educated guess at this point. That doesn't mean they do or do not help it just means we have no way of knowing the exact results.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:12 PM 06-10-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:

Again I think masks in large are mostly psychological unless you have symptoms. I have not yet been sold on the asymptomatic people being super spreaders or whatever. And we are inching our way closer and closer to that being the case.

When we hear about all these breakouts or "clusters" and literally 90% of the people are either asymptomatic or otherwise have symptoms so mild they don't even notice it or chalk it up to allergies I start questioning a lot of what we think we know.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:45 PM 06-10-2020
Again I think masks in large are mostly psychological unless you have symptoms. I have not yet been sold on the asymptomatic people being super spreaders or whatever. And we are inching our way closer and closer to that being the case.

When we hear about all these breakouts or "clusters" and literally 90% of the people are either asymptomatic or otherwise have symptoms so mild they don't even notice it or chalk it up to allergies I start questioning a lot of what we think we know.
Yeah, but there's literally no study that supports the use of masks that you wouldn't try to explain away.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:46 PM 06-10-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Odds of another lockdown in MO occurring in your opinion?
No clue. Just depends on whether the heat is a lot of the reason things have gotten better recently.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:55 PM 06-10-2020

The mildly symptomatic people are a large problem. If they’re having mild symptoms and thinking it’s something like allergies, mask wearing could help slow the spread of these people in the community if they were wearing masks. These people don’t have enough symptoms to think about getting tested and many are going on about their daily lives not realizing they’re spreading it. Even if mask wearing helps as poorly as you think (you’re wrong), even if it was a measly 5% difference in spread, you’d still do a lot of good having everyone wearing masks. You treat EVERYONE like they have it so the spread can be less, this helps stop the spread from presymptomatic and mildly symptomatic.

This is as simple as I can make it.

I realize you’ll come up with some retarded argument, however.
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:14 PM 06-10-2020
Thank you, everyone, for mostly keeping pete out of DC. We are going to send a BBQ tray to this thread as a token of our gratitude.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:14 PM 06-10-2020

Pre- symptomatic and mildly symptomatic is the issue which at first were lumped into the asymptotic spread pile causing confusion, I understand it doesn’t make sense to wear a masks because a person has diarrhea but it is a symptom and wearing a mask could help even a little, R0.9 vs R1.1 is a huge difference.
[Reply]
R Clark 07:21 PM 06-10-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Thank you, everyone, for mostly keeping pete out of DC. We are going to send a BBQ tray to this thread as a token of our gratitude.
No just take donger back to his home ,before this thread he was never in the lounge.
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:22 PM 06-10-2020
Originally Posted by R Clark:
No just take donger back to his home ,before this thread he was never in the lounge.
If you guys would just answer his questions he wouldn't have anything more to say.
[Reply]
Page 2317 of 3903
« First < 1317181722172267230723132314231523162317 231823192320232123272367241728173317 > Last »
Up