ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Tyler Boyd: Cincy Bengals are Whiny Deluded Bitches & I'm one of them
saphojunkie 01:37 PM 05-30-2023
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...chiefs-healthy

CINCINNATI -- Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Tyler Boyd believes he was the missing factor that kept the team from making back-to-back Super Bowl appearances.

In his first day of offseason workouts, the veteran wide receiver met with reporters for the first time since the AFC championship loss to Kansas City, where he suffered a deep thigh bruise early in the second quarter of the 23-20 loss. Boyd said he would have finished the game if he was at least 80% healthy.

He said what bothered him the most was the feeling that he let the team down.

"Still to this day, I feel like if I would have played the whole game, I was the key factor," Boyd said. "We would've won the game."

At the time of the injury, Boyd had two catches for 40 yards. He appeared to suffer the injury following a 24-yard completion. At the end of a big gain, Boyd's left leg was caught beneath Kansas City safety Justin Reid as Reid made the tackle. When Boyd stood up following the play, he immediately favored his left leg.

Article continues but is pointless. He goes on to say that landing Orlando Brown Jr. was a victory for them in the rivalry with the Chiefs.

God, I hate the Bengals.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:48 PM 05-30-2023
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME:
wait til you see Donovan Smith…next to Joe MOTHERFUCKING Thuney
Fyp, Showtime!
[Reply]
Bump 07:51 PM 05-30-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
If we didn't have a beat up Mahomes and almost ALL OF OUR RECIEVERS ****ING OUT, it wouldn't even have been close.
right!

they lost Boyd but we were down to Marcus Kemp lol
[Reply]
tredadda 07:52 PM 05-30-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Ah, now I get it.

No, I didn't say it was equivalent. I said losing several starters along your OL would change how well the team executed its offense, and I used the KC SBLV team as an obvious example of how that's true. There's several other examples, but i know everyone remembers that team/game, so that's the one i used.

You're getting into the actual results of a particular game. I'm simply referring to a well-known game, but my point is just that losing several starters from an OL will necessarily reduce that team's efficiency on offense.

And we almost didn't win that game. In the end, it took a slow start by CIN, a pair of uncharacteristic INTs by Burrow, a career performance from MVS, and it literally took a great return from a much-maligned rookie WR and a terrible roughing penalty for KC to win that game. Terrible as in, what was Ossai thinking???

Look, I'm not making excuses for CIN, I just noticed that no one seemed to remember that they weren't at their best either. We beat them yes, but that wasn't the same team we faced earlier in the season. They were a little banged up in the AFCCG.
I will agree with you that losing some starting Olinemen will affect the offense some, but that team had more than enough firepower left to offset it. Losing your top WRs and having your mobile QB hobbled with a high ankle sprain reduces a team's efficiency on offense. Did certain things go right for KC? Sure. But let's not forget the uncharacteristic fumble by Mahomes with KC driving that cost them at minimum 3 points if not possibly 7.

It took a lot for Cincy to even be in that game. If memory serves me wasn't one INT called back and another dropped? Cincinnati got lucky that went their way. Pacheco had a TD called back on a very weak, questionable hold as well. If anything Cincinnati was fortunate it wasn't a blowout. KC had to make adjustments that the Bengals could not.

They may not have been at their best, but they were still far healthier than KC, especially at the one position that mattered most.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:53 PM 05-30-2023
Do people not realize Smith was one of the best pass blockers in the NFL in 2021?

Last year, he battled through injuries all year long. He was, admittedly, not good.

The Chiefs are betting on health and a bounce back year.

I like the bet.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:54 PM 05-30-2023
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Do people not realize Smith was one of the best pass blockers in the NFL in 2021?

Last year, he battled through injuries all year long. He was, admittedly, not good.

I like the bet.
Andy knows Oline. If he is on board with this, then I am as well.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:57 PM 05-30-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I will agree with you that losing some starting Olinemen will affect the offense some, but that team had more than enough firepower left to offset it. Losing your top WRs and having your mobile QB hobbled with a high ankle sprain reduces a team's efficiency on offense. Did certain things go right for KC? Sure. But let's not forget the uncharacteristic fumble by Mahomes with KC driving that cost them at minimum 3 points if not possibly 7.

It took a lot for Cincy to even be in that game. If memory serves me wasn't one INT called back and another dropped? Cincinnati got lucky that went their way. Pacheco had a TD called back on a very weak, questionable hold as well. If anything Cincinnati was fortunate it wasn't a blowout. KC had to make adjustments that the Bengals could not.

They may not have been at their best, but they were still far healthier than KC, especially at the one position that mattered most.

Well, yeah. I was never disagreeing with your argument about how things shook out. i agree with almost all of it.
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:41 PM 05-30-2023

I like the bet.

:-)
[Reply]
scho63 09:50 PM 05-30-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I like u
I bet you say that to all the boys. :-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:39 PM 05-30-2023
Did the Bungles do anything with their interior line? Burrow is going be a whipping post. He will lead the league in getting sacked again.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 06:07 AM 05-31-2023
Boyd, Hilton & Burrow drink Bud Light & shop at Target.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:16 AM 05-31-2023
The wildest thing I heard is after 3 years, Chase is still the youngest receiver on their roster. Even with the rookies.
[Reply]
kcgreene 08:12 AM 05-31-2023

I like the bet.
Posted this on the Donovan Smith Signing thread, but its fitting here too apparently.

Regular Season Stats:

2022 Orlando allowed 2.765 pressures per game

2022 Wylie allowed 2.88 pressures per game

2022 (Mostly Injured) Donovan allowed 2.385 pressures per game

2021 (Healthy) Donovan allowed 1.765 pressures per game.

Pressure numbers are from PFF.

I think he'll fit in just fine.

Not to mention how Mahomes Pressure to Sack Ratio makes his Oline even better (Somewhere around 11% for his career I believe while no other QB in that timespan is lower than 14.5% or something like that, trying to find the stat on that).
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:31 AM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by kcgreene:
Posted this on the Donovan Smith Signing thread, but its fitting here too apparently.

Regular Season Stats:

2022 Orlando allowed 2.765 pressures per game

2022 Wylie allowed 2.88 pressures per game

2022 (Mostly Injured) Donovan allowed 2.385 pressures per game

2021 (Healthy) Donovan allowed 1.765 pressures per game.

Pressure numbers are from PFF.

I think he'll fit in just fine.

Not to mention how Mahomes Pressure to Sack Ratio makes his Oline even better (Somewhere around 11% for his career I believe while no other QB in that timespan is lower than 14.5% or something like that, trying to find the stat on that).
There is no scenario where Smith was better than Brown past year
[Reply]
kcgreene 12:17 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
There is no scenario where Smith was better than Brown past year
I think that blanket statements like that can easily be wrong.

I don't think he's better, I think that data concludes he's an effective pass blocker, ESPECIALLY when healthy. Don't get me wrong, he has penalty issues, and that very well could come back to bite us, but a lot of people are acting as if this is a significant drop off when it's minor at most in my opinion.

Breaking down Pressure to snap ratio, OBJ allowed pressure on 6.5% of snaps in 22, and 5.0% of snaps in 21, compared to 5.22% and 3.9% respectively for Smith (Regular Season numbers)

He's nowhere as effective a run blocker as OBJ in my opinion, but that can still work with our offense.

On the whole, he has allowed less pressures per opportunity than OBJ the last 2 years (even with the hyperextended elbow and foot problems). And don't get me wrong, part of that can be scheming, but I trust Heck and Andy here to bring the best out of him, injured or not.
[Reply]
kcgreene 12:27 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by kcgreene:
I think that blanket statements like that can easily be wrong.

I don't think he's better, I think that data concludes he's an effective pass blocker, ESPECIALLY when healthy. Don't get me wrong, he has penalty issues, and that very well could come back to bite us, but a lot of people are acting as if this is a significant drop off when it's minor at most in my opinion.

Breaking down Pressure to snap ratio, OBJ allowed pressure on 6.5% of snaps in 22, and 5.0% of snaps in 21, compared to 5.22% and 3.9% respectively for Smith (Regular Season numbers)

He's nowhere as effective a run blocker as OBJ in my opinion, but that can still work with our offense.

On the whole, he has allowed less pressures per opportunity than OBJ the last 2 years (even with the hyperextended elbow and foot problems). And don't get me wrong, part of that can be scheming, but I trust Heck and Andy here to bring the best out of him, injured or not.
Forgot to include, his foot speed is substantially better than OBJs in my opinion, and he should be substantially better against the speed rush.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up