ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 96 of 1208
« First < 46869293949596 9798991001061461965961096 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:49 PM 02-03-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
God damn that sounds good, cfs too.

I want to try and find a copycat Popeyes recipe. I really love their fried chicken, but with my kidneys I can't handle the sodium.
[Reply]
Squalor2 11:42 PM 02-03-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
That woman can cook. That said, I'd do a couple things differently. If you use a less acidic canned tomato, you don't need the sugar (or less of it anyway). Also, that cooking aisle cooking sherry is total crap. Use a dry sherry, it's far superior and no less cost effective (750ml of Taylors is like $8).

I liked the Serious Eats recipe because it relies on emulsifying the olive oil to provide the creaminess without actually using cream.
personally not a fan of the pioneer woman, really? tomato and sherry?
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 09:11 AM 02-04-2016
Originally Posted by Squalor2:
personally not a fan of the pioneer woman, really? tomato and sherry?
sherry and tomato is a very common, if not classic, combination.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:17 AM 02-04-2016
Pioneer Woman: and next you'll take this $500 worth of beef tenderloin and sprinkle it with a little salt and pepper.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:22 AM 02-04-2016
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Pioneer Woman: and next you'll take this $500 worth of beef tenderloin and sprinkle it with a little salt and pepper.
**** beef tenderloin. Not even in my top 5 beef cuts.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:59 AM 02-04-2016
I know it's not aired live, but every time I watch Pioneer Woman I keep waiting for her to hold up a napkin with "I'm being held against my will" written in spaghetti sauce to the camera. She kind of has that cry for help, pharmaceutical look to her.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:58 AM 02-04-2016
Sous vide fried chicken.

If I'm going through the headache of getting my fryer out anyway, I'm not going to bother with Sous Vide (I presume this was the chef steps version?).

If you dry brine chicken, how the hell could you possibly make it dry anyway? It's virtually impossible to dry out fried chicken unless you just really really suck at it.

That said, I do wonder if that technique wouldn't lend itself to a decent oven-fried chicken. Put them in a convection oven at 500 degrees until the outside is brown and I'll bet you still get some really crispy chicken for your trouble.
[Reply]
Pablo 03:13 PM 02-04-2016
I know it's not aired live, but every time I watch Pioneer Woman I keep waiting for her to hold up a napkin with "I'm being held against my will" written in spaghetti sauce to the camera. She kind of has that cry for help, pharmaceutical look to her.
She's in a xanax daze, no doubt about it. Shit out three or four kids and live in the middle of Oklahoma, I'm guessing I'd do the same.

My wife watches the show a lot, and I'm not one to get sucked into cooking shows, but I usually enjoy the stuff she makes and find myself watching with her quite a bit.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 03:20 PM 02-04-2016
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If I'm going through the headache of getting my fryer out anyway, I'm not going to bother with Sous Vide (I presume this was the chef steps version?).
I just use a cast iron dutch oven for frying, so it's not like I'm getting out a big Fry Daddy. Yes, Chef Steps. There's also something to be said for not sending oil airborne in your home for a half hour. Each piece of chicken took 2-3 minutes to fry.

If you dry brine chicken, how the hell could you possibly make it dry anyway? It's virtually impossible to dry out fried chicken unless you just really really suck at it.
I've had a lot of dry fried chicken. :-)

Anyway, there's documented benefits to tenderness with sous vide. Particularly the legs last night, I've never had more tender fried chicken. It was almost silky.

That said, I do wonder if that technique wouldn't lend itself to a decent oven-fried chicken. Put them in a convection oven at 500 degrees until the outside is brown and I'll bet you still get some really crispy chicken for your trouble.
Maybe. I'm going to try this method with chicken fried steak next.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:46 PM 02-04-2016
This all day! I tell my wife I cannot stand her and she doesn't understand it.

Have you ever met someone who lives in Oklahoma who is that happy?!?!

Not. A. Chance.

It's such an awful act.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:57 PM 02-05-2016
Thinking about making al pastor tomorrow.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:58 PM 02-05-2016
I saw an al pastor chili recipe today.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:00 PM 02-05-2016
On a rotisserie?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:00 PM 02-05-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
I saw an al pastor chili recipe today.
I've never made it. Don't think I've ever even had it.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:01 PM 02-05-2016
On a rotisserie?
No, Tasting Table has a slow cooker version: http://www.tastingtable.com/cook/nat...-cooking-video
[Reply]
Page 96 of 1208
« First < 46869293949596 9798991001061461965961096 > Last »
Up