ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 199 of 1208
« First < 99149189195196197198199 2002012022032092492996991199 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 08:36 AM 07-21-2016
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Speaking of easy sauces. Does anyone make their own alfredo? I will not eat packaged alfredo either. Butter, cream, parm, garlic, pepper is pretty easy.
do do a quick alfredo pasta as a side to steak quite a bit. Just dump the cream/parm/butter in the pot with the pasta and stir.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:52 AM 07-21-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
It is an easy sauce to make. But sometimes you want something quick that requires no prep, and there's nothing wrong with that. It's why sometimes I buy jarred tomato sauce. Is homemade better? No question. But sometimes I just don't want the fuss.
I consider tomato sauce a different category since a good one takes time to make—unless it's a Pomodoro type sauce. That is based on how my mother made hers which was all day as a tomato meat sauce.

Marsala is just as easy as a package. It's just wine and butter and a little stock to deglaze the pan and you're done once it thickens up.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:53 AM 07-21-2016
Originally Posted by Buzz:
and I wondered why people don't like you?
I was trying to make him feel he wasn't a snob. The other part was tongue n' cheek/a joke and was poking BL as he does to me. You missed that part. That's how I roll. BTW, my mother faints when I use tomato sauce out of a jar—even though I doctor it up.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:53 AM 07-21-2016
Why do you whine then when people razz you?
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:56 AM 07-21-2016
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Speaking of easy sauces. Does anyone make their own alfredo? I will not eat packaged alfredo either. Butter, cream, parm, garlic, pepper is pretty easy.
I used to make that fairly regularly but haven't in years. Yep! It's another easy sauce.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:59 AM 07-21-2016
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I consider tomato sauce a different category since a good one takes time to make—unless it's a Pomodoro type sauce. That is based on how my mother made hers which was all day as a tomato meat sauce.

Marsala is just as easy as a package. It's just wine and butter and a little stock to deglaze the pan and you're done once it thickens up.
I make a very respectable tomato sauce in about 30 minutes start to finish.

Don't forget the mushrooms. A good marsala will take you 15 minutes minimum to prep and cook. Sometimes you don't want to wait that long. That bag is no prep and 5 minutes.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:30 AM 07-21-2016
I make a very respectable tomato sauce in about 30 minutes start to finish.

Don't forget the mushrooms. A good marsala will take you 15 minutes minimum to prep and cook. Sometimes you don't want to wait that long. That bag is no prep and 5 minutes.
Marsala doesn't take me anywhere near that long. The mushrooms are more work, if you have to cut them but I am talking just the sauce itself.

Robert Irvine does the whole meal in 15 minutes, including cooking the meat.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/r...la-recipe.html

I do understand the need for doing things in a pinch though. I just wouldn't on a sauce. I would just eat something else or go out.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:35 AM 07-21-2016
When I do a quick sauteed of a chicken breast, I usually deglaze the pan anyway, with either a little broth, wine or water. Then add some butter salt and pepper. So I don't see using a different wine, like Marsala, much different than that. Or a piccata sauce even.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:37 AM 07-21-2016
Marsala doesn't take me anywhere near that long. The mushrooms are more work, if you have to cut them but I am talking just the sauce itself.

Robert Irvine does the whole meal in 15 minutes, including cooking the meat.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/r...la-recipe.html

I do understand the need for doing things in a pinch though. I just wouldn't on a sauce. I would just eat something else or go out.
15 minutes, huh? Yes - cooking. Prep is another 15 minutes.

And every damn post I've made, I've mentioned prep. :-)
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:38 AM 07-21-2016
15 minutes, huh? Yes - cooking. Prep is another 15 minutes.

And every damn post I've made, I've mentioned prep. :-)
Yeah, but that includes his cooking the meat.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:43 AM 07-21-2016
Yeah, but that includes his cooking the meat.
:-)

My original statement that a good marsala to cook and prep takes 15 minutes minimum stands.

If you're just going to make a sauce, sure, it's less. But are you just going to have a bowl of marsala sauce, or do you want to put it on something?

So Irvine's recipe actually takes 30 minutes. The bag takes 10.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:44 AM 07-21-2016
:-)

My original statement that a good marsala to cook and prep takes 15 minutes minimum stands.

If you're just going to make a sauce, sure, it's less. But are you just going to have a bowl of marsala sauce, or do you want to put it on something?

So Irvine's recipe actually takes 30 minutes. The bag takes 10.
Well, I originally commented on his Campbell's package only. So there!

That's where he's apparently saving so much time. Not cooking his meat. Otherwise, just buy a pre-packaged meal from Fresh Market or Whole Foods or somewhere if you need to save all the time in preparing that dish.

Look, I was using hyperbole to tease BL. It's just a little blowback for him.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:51 AM 07-21-2016
I see people are still on this. All I'll mention is

1. It was delicious. . . . that should be the end of the story, but

2. It's hellahotasfuck lately. Hot enough I've had to wash dishes in SHIFTs. Shifts, where I stop, grab an ice water, and sit down in front of a fan, . . . from doing dishes with just a sink of hot water.

Getting dinner done without soaking the kitchen floor in sweat and either slipping in or passing out is a bit of a time intensive endeavor.

So eat my whole ass y'all.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:59 AM 07-21-2016
Looks like it probably tasted just fine Buzzy Lee. And that's what matters.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:14 AM 07-21-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I see people are still on this. All I'll mention is

1. It was delicious. . . . that should be the end of the story, but

2. It's hellahotasfuck lately. Hot enough I've had to wash dishes in SHIFTs. Shifts, where I stop, grab an ice water, and sit down in front of a fan, . . . from doing dishes with just a sink of hot water.

Getting dinner done without soaking the kitchen floor in sweat and either slipping in or passing out is a bit of a time intensive endeavor.

So eat my whole ass y'all.
I hate hot. Fuck hot in the face.
[Reply]
Page 199 of 1208
« First < 99149189195196197198199 2002012022032092492996991199 > Last »
Up