ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 649 of 3903
« First < 149549599639645646647648649 65065165265365969974911491649 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
keg in kc 07:35 AM 03-23-2020
Every morning I wake up with a dry cough. For years. It goes away as I get moving.

Now I'm like, "oh shit, where did I go 2 days ago? Is this it?"

It's funny how the mind works before it's really in gear.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 07:37 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
US Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams gave a "somber" message to the nation while speaking on NBC this morning,

"I want America to understand — this week, it's going to get bad," Adams told NBC's Savannah Guthrie, adding that some people have not been properly practicing social distancing.

"This is how the spread is occurring. So we really, really need everyone to stay at home," Adams said. "I think that there are a lot of people who are doing the right things, but I think that unfortunately we're finding out a lot of people think this can't happen to them."
Saw where 5 students from University of Tampa came back from spring break with CV. 4 out of 5 went back to campus upon their return.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 07:39 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Every morning I wake up with a dry cough. For years. It goes away as I get moving.

Now I'm like, "oh shit, where did I go 2 days ago? Is this it?"

It's funny how the mind works before it's really in gear.
Yeah, allergies, that I get every year at this time, are kicking my butt this morning. But, there’s a little voice in my head that says “well crap”.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 07:40 AM 03-23-2020
A bit from an email today from my firm's CEO:

"I do want to share what I consider to be positive news from our office in Shanghai. Our peers in Shanghai have recently been through what we are all experiencing today. While some restrictions are still in place in the city and there is voluntary social distancing, our Shanghai staff is back working in the office, and after five weeks of disruption, business is nearly back to normal. And for the fourth straight day there are no new cases of COVID-19 being reported in China. This is wonderful news! "
[Reply]
wazu 07:45 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
A bit from an email today from my firm's CEO:

"I do want to share what I consider to be positive news from our office in Shanghai. Our peers in Shanghai have recently been through what we are all experiencing today. While some restrictions are still in place in the city and there is voluntary social distancing, our Shanghai staff is back working in the office, and after five weeks of disruption, business is nearly back to normal. And for the fourth straight day there are no new cases of COVID-19 being reported in China. This is wonderful news! "
Thanks. Needed this.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:51 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
3M said Sunday it is now producing nearly 100 million N95 respirators per month with more than 90% designated for health care workers.
Yes, and legislation passed last week to allow them to be sold to healthcare workers, where they weren't before...

Good news!
[Reply]
Bwana 07:57 AM 03-23-2020
Looks like they caught one of the dirt bags that was boosting masks.

https://ktvz.com/news/coronavirus/20...d-arrest-made/
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:57 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Why can't we get people those suits you see on TV for outbreaks? Sure the fixed cost is high, but just disinfect and clean them daily. Also much more comfortable and safe for the workers.
Cost and time. The actual cost of the equipment. And the time to get in and out of the equipment. We had a TB outbreak in KC. There was studies done that the PPE we were using wasn't safe. They refused to get the better PPE citing cost and lost production time.:-)

Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Yep and read the measures they are taking. We would never do this currently.
We cant enforce the orders that have been given if people ignore them. We going to ask police, the national guard to lock up any that venture out? That aint happening in this country.

FTR, our governor in Florida really let down the people for not closing the beaches. He took the $'s of spring breakers and now we are already seeing them infect their classmates returning to colleges around the USA, who are in turn going to infect others.

AND what about spreading the virus to all the old people we have down here. That mistake is going to put Florida up there with Cali, Washington, NY as epicenters of this outbreaks.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:00 AM 03-23-2020
I saw this report today........

The USA and South Korea got their first reported case of a patient with the coronavirus on the same day.

Is this true?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:03 AM 03-23-2020
Seems like coincidence.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:06 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
What kind of parent lets their kid go on Spring Break during this?
Seriously, they are adults. Go ahead and think you are going to tell them what to do. Good luck with that.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Donger 08:06 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I saw this report today........

The USA and South Korea got their first reported case of a patient with the coronavirus on the same day.

Is this true?
No. Their first case was on January 20. We had two on January 14.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:07 AM 03-23-2020

Reports suggest a loss of sense of smell and taste might (emphasis on might) be an early sign of #COVID19. We reported March 13 on a study that noted this rare symptom. https://t.co/OMELjvTBA1

— Science News (@ScienceNews) March 23, 2020

[Reply]
Mecca 08:08 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Seriously, they are adults. Go ahead and think you are going to tell them what to do. Good luck with that.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
At those ages you're lucky if they'll agree with you on the color of the sky.
[Reply]
Donger 08:14 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Interesting article:

People infected with the SARS-CoV-2 virus, which causes the disease, may test positive for the virus both before and after they have symptoms. But a new study of nine people who contracted the virus in Germany suggests that people are mainly contagious before they have symptoms and in the first week of the disease.

Infectious viruses were isolated from about 17 percent of nose and throat swabs and more than 83 percent of phlegm samples during that first week, researchers report March 8 in a study posted at medRxiv.org.

Patients produced thousands to millions of viruses in their noses and throats, about 1,000 times as much virus as produced in SARS patients, Clemens Wendtner, director of infectious disease and tropical medicine at Munich Clinic Schwabing, a teaching hospital, and his colleagues found. That heavy load of viruses may help explain why the new coronavirus is so infectious.

But there’s encouraging news, too. Plummeting numbers of infectious virus after antibody production turns on “means that after about 10 days or so, you’re not likely to be infecting other people,” Khan says. Other studies also suggest that people with very mild or asymptomatic infections don’t shed as much virus and aren’t as likely to infect other people as people with more severe cases, he says.
[Reply]
Page 649 of 3903
« First < 149549599639645646647648649 65065165265365969974911491649 > Last »
Up