ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Skyy Moore
kccrow 05:14 PM 05-01-2022
The most important things in the NFL are always going to be can he stay healthy, can he get open, and can he reliably catch the football. Moore checks those boxes better than most WRs in the class. The other guys that did that went in the top 16. I'm pretty stoked about Moore, honestly.
[Reply]
O.city 08:32 AM 05-02-2022
I don't care if Hill's time is double Moore's, he's not at that level and I don't think using Hill as any kind of an example, matters.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:39 AM 05-02-2022
He's more explosive off the line than Antonio Brown (who also played in the MAC) and otherwise relatively similar traits across the board. There isn't one motherfucker on this board that wouldn't have taken Antonio Brown before he went nuts.

I'm not worried a bit about the athleticism. Not even a little.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:44 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
He's more explosive off the line than Antonio Brown (who also played in the MAC) and otherwise relatively similar traits across the board. There isn't one motherfucker on this board that wouldn't have taken Antonio Brown before he went nuts.

I'm not worried a bit about the athleticism. Not even a little.
Gripping awfully tight when we're citing the one measurable he excelled in that also happens to say he's better than Antonio Brown and Tyreek Hill.

Okay. I'm sure that's how it's gonna play out.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:50 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Gripping awfully tight when we're citing the one measurable he excelled in that also happens to say he's better than Antonio Brown and Tyreek Hill.

Okay. I'm sure that's how it's gonna play out.
I'm not clinging to the one stat. I'm pointing out the stupidity of 1) continually citing that he played in the ... oh my God, wait for it... MAC! when Antonio did too and 2) continually citing things like his size and athleticism when he's just as athletic as Antonio and similarly sized.

Neither of the points being presented, MAC competition or athleticism, are valid precursors to him sucking ass.

Do you know what IS a historical precursor to sucking ass, yet you keep banging Calvin Austin's drum? Being under 5'9" as a WR. And I don't even think Austin is going to suck ass, I think he'll be a quality slot receiver in the NFL if not better.

I honestly don't know why it is you don't like the kid, but there's nothing that shows up that I see as valid that says he's just going to suck.
[Reply]
O.city 08:51 AM 05-02-2022
I'm not clinging to the one stat. I'm pointing out the stupidity of 1) continually citing that he played in the ... oh my God, wait for it... MAC! when Antonio did too and 2) continually citing things like his size and athleticism when he's just as athletic as Antonio and similarly sized.

Neither of the points being presented, MAC competition or athleticism, are valid precursors to him sucking ass.

Do you know what IS a historical precursor to sucking ass, yet you keep banging Calvin Austin's drum? Being under 5'9" as a WR. And I don't even think Austin is going to suck ass, I think he'll be a quality slot receiver in the NFL if not better.

I honestly don't know why it is you don't like the kid, but there's nothing that shows up that I see as valid that says he's just going to suck.
Brown is more outlier and went way later in the draft. I believe DJ's argument is more about the value of it than anything, but I don't wanna speak for him.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:54 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Brown is more outlier and went way later in the draft. I believe DJ's argument is more about the value of it than anything, but I don't wanna speak for him.
Meh... even that doesn't even matter. His comp is continually Golden Tate who went at pick #60, played 11 years in the league, and had over 8,000 career yards, including a few 1k seasons.

Even if that is all he ever is, it was a great pick If you were told Tate were his floor and Brown were his ceiling, you'd be pretty happy I'd think.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:57 AM 05-02-2022
My argument is we’re heading down Frank Clark road where folks said he was a potential DPOY and knocking down straw men before they started making excuses for him when he looked to be exactly the sort of overpay I thought he was.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:54 AM 05-02-2022

I didn’t say he’s going to suck.

I said he’ll be a fine player in a limited role. Y’all are the ones saying he’s more explosive than Tyreek Hill and could be Antonio Brown.

I said he’s a third round talent pushed up by need in this draft class. You guys are saying he’s a potential #1 guy.

Quit trying to have the argument you want to have.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:58 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I didn’t say he’s going to suck.

I said he’ll be a fine player in a limited role. Y’all are the ones saying he’s more explosive than Tyreek Hill and could be Antonio Brown.

I said he’s a third round talent pushed up by need in this draft class. You guys are saying he’s a potential #1 guy.

Quit trying to have the argument you want to have.
Fair enough, if that's what you think. The third round feels a little far-fetched given how he profiles. He definitely looks closer to a #1 than a limited role player. Now, Mecole Hardman, he's a guy that looked like a limited role player that was pushed up into the 2nd and should have been a 3rd because of his shortcomings as a route runner and somewhat suspect hands. That's not the case with this kid.
[Reply]
O.city 08:50 AM 05-02-2022
Again though, if he had the measurables you'd ideally want at WR even at his height, he's going in the first round right?
[Reply]
kccrow 08:52 AM 05-02-2022
Again though, if he had the measurables you'd ideally want at WR even at his height, he's going in the first round right?
If he ran as fast as Tyreek, like everyone seemingly wants him to have given his size, he'd have been the first WR off the board. Not even close. If he did that and was 2-3 inches taller, he probably would be a top 5 pick. This is so silly to me.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:04 AM 05-02-2022
This is going to be a polarizing pick for years to come.

The Chiefs got 700 yards out of Mecole Hardman and the fans hate him.

The Chiefs will get 700 yards out of Skyy Moore and the fans will love him to death for it.

That's how this will go.

Skyy Moore will produce no matter what because it's what Andy Reid and Mahomes do.
[Reply]
O.city 09:06 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

The Chiefs will get 700 yards out of Skyy Moore and the fans will love him to death for it.

That's how this will go.

Skyy Moore will produce no matter what because it's what Andy Reid and Mahomes do.
This is where I kinda land. I think he'll be a good player. Mecole is a good player.

They play for Andy and with Mahomes. If you aren't a moron and have a baseline of athleticism and hands, you'll be a good WR for them.

Neither are likely go be Tyreek 2.0. But you traded him because you ddin't wanna pay what he wanted.

So it is what it is.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:08 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

That's how this will go.

Yup.

Because we're headed down Frank Clark road.

If Moore gets 60 receptions for 700 yards, the handjobs will be wet and frequent. Because somehow running quick hitters underneath zones is not a 'gadget player' whereas anything Hardman does will be.

And when he gets that 60 receptions for 700 yards, I'll get called out because I'm a hater when in fact I think that's probably a pretty reasonable prediction.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up