Page 24 of 54
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi
Hammock Parties 11:24 AM 02-10-2022
May 25. Let's goooo!

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:42 PM 06-06-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Do you even read the Vader comics? If not, you can't really comment.

Yes, he's a lot like comic Vader.

Walking through the town, randomly strangling and neck-snapping, then fucking force choking Obi-Wan onto a hot bed of coals and deadpanning "NOW, YOU WILL SUFFER, OBI-WAN! YOUR PAIN HAS JUST BEGUN."

Yes, comic Vader. To a T.
Agreed. Been reading the Vader comics since 2015 and he's such a badass
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:43 PM 06-06-2022
Also,

Spoiler!

[Reply]
staylor26 07:55 PM 06-06-2022
For anybody interested in the leaks:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:57 PM 06-06-2022
FTR, lines up with what I've read as well.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:55 AM 06-07-2022
I don't have an issue with any of the characters in the show.

It's pretty clear she's ex-Padawan gaming the Imps to try to get to Vader and her performance fits that dynamic.

In fact, I would say that's WHY she might appear to be "over-acting" in some scenes. She's trying to be evil when she really doesn't know how. :-)

Ironically the only minor problem I have with her character is that she's black, which would never happen in The Dark Times era of Imperial rule. As a general rule, upper command was almost exclusively white and male.

So her being black AND female somewhat breaks immersion but I can allow it since she's force sensitive and they'd likely take whoever they could get in that regard.
They haven't torn down anyone to prop her up.

She's already a far better character than Finn (interesting character at first that went nowhere), Rey (horribly developed mary sue) or that awful Jannah character they jammed into TROS.

She's not the greatest character ever, but she doesn't get in the way of the story.
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I don't think she has either, but I've seen a ton of backlash about Obi Wan being completely outsmarted and outclassed by her (up to this point) and having to be saved by Leia at least twice now. Their point is it's Disney shitting on yet another established character from the old days to prop up their own character. Again, I don't agree with that but seen plenty of that sentiment.
I don't follow the Disney twitter so I was unaware of any controversy. Too many times people throw out "woke" for any movie that's not all straight white people on Twitter. Its too tiring to read that crap so I don't follow.

No spoilers, just my thoughts on what happens..... I think Reva was a youngling. She wants revenge for all her friends and master being killed. She dies trying to help Obi-Wan and get her revenge but allows Obi-Wan to escape torture and capture from Vader.

Sure Obi-Wan was an old man by the first movie and probably cant defeat a Vader at the peak of his powers but I don't think it was a "defeat". Obi-Wan wanted to move on to being a Force Ghost. It was a choice.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:56 AM 06-07-2022
no way im reading that leak :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:23 AM 06-07-2022
It is pretty astonishing that Disney managed to crank out an Ewan McGregor centric Obi Wan series with HEAVY Vader involvement and it's still only managing mixed at best fan reaction.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:35 AM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I don't follow the Disney twitter so I was unaware of any controversy. Too many times people throw out "woke" for any movie that's not all straight white people on Twitter. Its too tiring to read that crap so I don't follow.

No spoilers, just my thoughts on what happens..... I think Reva was a youngling. She wants revenge for all her friends and master being killed. She dies trying to help Obi-Wan and get her revenge but allows Obi-Wan to escape torture and capture from Vader.

Sure Obi-Wan was an old man by the first movie and probably cant defeat a Vader at the peak of his powers but I don't think it was a "defeat". Obi-Wan wanted to move on to being a Force Ghost. It was a choice.
Nah, Disney has tried to preemptively paint Star Wars fans as toxic, misogynistic, and racist repeatedly to deflect criticism from the fact they make mediocre content at their very best.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:45 AM 06-07-2022
give it a rest, no one wants to talk about politics in this thread
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:19 AM 06-07-2022
:-) Well, you'd know better than most.

Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Hammock Parties is restricted to DC for repeatedly posting political bullshit in the Lounge.

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:33 AM 06-07-2022
There was an interview with the head writer that was pretty interesting. The scene with Vader killing the villagers was originally going to be much more intense but Lucasfilm made him dial it back. Bit of a shame. Also addressed the Grand Inquisitor but his answer was definitely in spoiler territory so going to leave that alone for now.
[Reply]
BigRichard 11:34 AM 06-07-2022
Nah, Disney has tried to preemptively paint Star Wars fans as toxic, misogynistic, and racist repeatedly to deflect criticism from the fact they make mediocre content at their very best.
I would take the shit George Lucas was spewing out a million times to what Disney has done to the franchise. They have all but ruined it for me.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:07 PM 06-07-2022
It is pretty astonishing that Disney managed to crank out an Ewan McGregor centric Obi Wan series with HEAVY Vader involvement and it's still only managing mixed at best fan reaction.
But most people loved the Vader scenes and still enjoy the show.

If people are letting the terrible Reva character and young Leia ruin the show for them, then yea, that’s pretty sad.

You can hate those characters while still enjoying the show overall though.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:25 PM 06-07-2022
The Drinker weighs in on this (and other related subjects)

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:24 PM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
I would take the shit George Lucas was spewing out a million times to what Disney has done to the franchise. They have all but ruined it for me.
this show is vastly more well done than any of the prequels, as is the mandalorian, as was rogue one and solo
[Reply]
Page 24 of 54
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Up