ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 362 of 382
« First < 262312352358359360361362 363364365366372 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KCUnited 07:44 AM 04-18-2023
Found a Pure Project stout, Situation Gravity, on tap at Divided Vine in Gilbert yesterday.

I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Side note, the beer/wine combo bar concept out here is completely new to me and I'm here for it.

[Reply]
scho63 08:29 AM 04-18-2023
I'm a HUGE fan of banana flavored beers and O.H.S.O. has a great one from time to time.

Looking for any recommendations.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:42 AM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
I'm a HUGE fan of banana flavored beers and O.H.S.O. has a great one from time to time.

You might look for Bottle Logic's Equivalent Dose. Its a chocolate covered banana stout aged in both bourbon barrels then Superstition Mead barrels.

https://untappd.com/b/bottle-logic-b...e-2023/5294393

I've not had it as banana beers aren't my thing and I'd guess its likely going to be sweet given the nature of bananas then the mead barrel treatment, so probably best as a couple ounce sipper.

Its also a $30 bottle and weighs in at 11%. Looks like its available at King's in PHX. I know its available at Beer Barn in Gilbert and probably Sleepy Whale in Chandler.

https://kingsbeerandwine.myncrsilver...0-3a96c378729d
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:44 AM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:

I'd recommend hoarding Bananarchy, because it's really hard to beat!

Bottle Logic has a couple.. one is Natural Selection, which I haven't tried, and the one below is really good.

I think some of the heavier stouts from The Bruery in LA get to Phoenix, they have a banana nut bread stout that's good from their Bakery stouts, but don't remember it being quite on the same level as OHSO or BL.

[Reply]
Bearcat 08:46 AM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
You might look for Bottle Logic's Equivalent Dose. Its a chocolate covered banana stout aged in both bourbon barrels then Superstition Mead barrels.

https://untappd.com/b/bottle-logic-b...e-2023/5294393

I've not had it as banana beers aren't my thing and I'd guess its likely going to be sweet given the nature of bananas then the mead barrel treatment, so probably best as a couple ounce sipper.

Its also a $30 bottle and weighs in at 11%. Looks like its available at King's in PHX. I know its available at Beer Barn in Gilbert and probably Sleepy Whale in Chandler.

https://kingsbeerandwine.myncrsilver...0-3a96c378729d
Nice, hadn't seen that one. My beer budget just isn't looking the same being away from BL, MT, Cycle... :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:50 AM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Nice, hadn't seen that one. My beer budget just isn't looking the same being away from BL, MT, Cycle... :-)
It literally came across my social media feeds within the last couple days.

I've tried most of the Cycle days of the week stouts. I can't remember which ones are which but I remember a couple being really darn good.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:29 AM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
It literally came across my social media feeds within the last couple days.

I've tried most of the Cycle days of the week stouts. I can't remember which ones are which but I remember a couple being really darn good.
I had a couple bottles of Cycle at home, including a 2019 Maple MW that was really good, but couldn't remember if I bought them in LA or if they showed up in Phoenix.

Speaking of banana, their 2023 Monday is hazelnut banana and it's a favorite... and I believe each day of the week is a different variant every year, too. In St Pete, I bought 3 different years of Monday, plus the one I posted the other day.

Never got around to trying any other styles, they had so many stouts on tap both times I was there.
[Reply]
Shag 10:01 AM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by Shag:
Thanks, fellas. Going to try and make it to JK, but may not end up having time - only there for a day with limited time. I'll look into the other spots, see what looks good. Seems like lots of good options in both places, will report back what I find - hopefully, my customers like beer, lol.

:-)
Didn't have as much free time as I'd hoped, but hit up Roadmap and Freetail in San Antonio. Both were solid, but not overly memorable, wouldn't go out of my way to go back to either. Got a list of a few others to check out next time: Kuntsler, Second Pitch, and Black Labs.

Made it out to Jester King, which was a pretty fantastic setting - farmhouse setting about 45 minutes outside of Austin, where they grow a lot of their own ingredients, and have a slew of goats to help maintain the land. I did a terrible job of photos, but it was a great place to snag a beer on a perfect weather day. It had been a while since I'd had JK beer, and it wasn't as good as I'd remembered - I think my palate has gotten used to much more aggressive sours, and the JK options were all very light/refreshing (which was nice for the day). I stuck solely to their sour/farmhouse brews, and they were pretty hit or miss, only a couple were notable, which I didn't note, lol. All in all, definitely worth a visit if you're in the area.
Attached: IMG_1172.jpg (40.8 KB) IMG_1173.jpg (61.2 KB) 
[Reply]
lewdog 03:43 PM 04-22-2023

[Reply]
KCUnited 04:04 PM 04-22-2023
Had this North Park Keen On Peacharine on tap the other day and it was straight :-)

I actually had two which something I don't normally do (order the same beer twice at a bar).

[Reply]
lewdog 04:47 PM 04-22-2023
Passion fruit vine keeps the beer cooler.
Attached: IMG_4997.jpeg (128.4 KB) 
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:53 PM 04-23-2023
The last of Graystoke's Cherry Fandango on a beautiful afternoon... surprised it lasted two months! :-)

[Reply]
lewdog 03:24 PM 05-06-2023
Taking my virgin self to the Hazy IPA game each Saturday.

This one is decent. Tangerine and guava noted very nicely. Not hoppy, which I prefer, but I do wish it was a bit “thicker” if that’s a thing. Mouth feel is pretty thin. 4/5 rating.
Attached: IMG_5063.jpg (63.6 KB) 
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:01 PM 05-06-2023
Ticked a Pliny the Younger today while at a homebrew event

[Reply]
Mr. Wizard 04:53 PM 05-06-2023
I’ve tried all of these, Budweiser Diesel is the best. :-)
[Reply]
Page 362 of 382
« First < 262312352358359360361362 363364365366372 > Last »
Up