ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 279 of 382
« First < 179229269275276277278279 280281282283289329379 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KCUnited 07:33 PM 11-15-2018
Originally Posted by phisherman:
One night when hanging out at Boulevard in the brewhouse, a few of us asked if one of the QC folks could measure the FG for a bottle of Dark Lord we had brought to share.

It measured out at 1.070 from the bottle!
Yep, I’ve read certain years of DL measured at 1.080. It’s nuts.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:51 PM 11-15-2018
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
'Tis the barrel aged season. Stopped in for an Epic Flight at Goose InBev over lunch this afternoon. Ranked in order of my preference.

BCS Templeton Rye (2013) - Holy shit drinking amazing
Double Barrel BCS (2017)
Double Barrel Brandy BCS (2 years in bourbon barrels, 2 years in brandy barrels)
BCS Regal Rye (2015)

That double barrel Brandy BCS......:-)
[Reply]
phisherman 08:20 PM 11-15-2018
Yep, I’ve read certain years of DL measured at 1.080. It’s nuts.
Can you imagine the amount of grain that goes in the mash tun for a batch of that stuff?
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:27 PM 11-15-2018
Can you imagine the amount of grain that goes in the mash tun for a batch of that stuff?
By my calculations 40lbs per 5 gal so if they have a 10 barrel system its around 2500lbs. :-)

Im pretty sure they are using some brown sugar to help boost ABV though. Either way its shitload of grain.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:29 PM 11-15-2018
I’m trying to envision the blow off on a Homebrew level. Like you drop your yeast and lob an entire thing of FermCap in it like a grenade and pray.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:33 PM 11-15-2018
A few the other night, thanks to a beer nerd friend...

Funky Buddha (Florida), Morning Wood... bourbon barrels, coffee, maple syrup. Phenomenal.

Cigar City (also Florida :-) ), Moat Water... bourbon barrel, vanilla, coffee. Also amazing.

McFate (Phoenix :-)), King Sized Candy Bar Milk Stout... holy shit, it really smells like a Snickers bar, and tastes like one.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:35 PM 11-15-2018
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
A few the other night, thanks to a beer nerd friend...

Funky Buddha (Florida), Morning Wood... bourbon barrels, coffee, maple syrup. Phenomenal.

Cigar City (also Florida :-) ), Moat Water... bourbon barrel, vanilla, coffee. Also amazing.

McFate (Phoenix :-)), King Sized Candy Bar Milk Stout... holy shit, it really smells like a Snickers bar, and tastes like one.
Hey man, how's the "winter" up there?
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:43 PM 11-15-2018
Here's the thread I was trying to remember earlier from a guy homebrewing a Dark Lord clone. It has pics of gravity readings. I've had a few Dark Lords variants and they're definitely nuts, but some of the Angry Chair/Wakefield stuff I've tried gives Dark Lord diabeetus.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/communi...-clone.126962/
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:56 PM 11-15-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Hey man, how's the "winter" up there?
Not bad... a couple of chilly mornings, a little cooler than last year when it was 75 the weekend after Thanksgiving and I got sun burned.

Good beer making weather.
[Reply]
phisherman 11-15-2018, 09:01 PM
This message has been deleted by phisherman.
phisherman 08:11 AM 11-16-2018
I’m trying to envision the blow off on a Homebrew level. Like you drop your yeast and lob an entire thing of FermCap in it like a grenade and pray.
Hot damn, that could make a sticky mess!
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:39 AM 11-21-2018
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
If their craft beer hating ownership doesn't ax it first, maybe demand will drop to the point where they'll stop making it ridiculously hard to find their beer on the absolutely worst day to go shopping.... considering how much good beer is being made now.

A few of them do sounds pretty damn good though, at least the regular stuff has been easy to find the past couple years here, still have some from two years ago and last year sitting around.
It's on BF, but figured I'd pass along a North PHX BCS release post I came across:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Third Eye 01:38 PM 11-22-2018
Since I’m new to KC, where are the best places to go for BCS tomorrow? Gomer’s and Lukas? Or are there smaller places I should check out? Where will be the best place to find the coffee and are there any places that have a greater than 1 limit?
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:06 PM 11-22-2018
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
Since I’m new to KC, where are the best places to go for BCS tomorrow? Gomer’s and Lukas? Or are there smaller places I should check out? Where will be the best place to find the coffee and are there any places that have a greater than 1 limit?
FYI the straight coffee BCS variant wasn’t done this year. Coffee Barleywine took its place.
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 02:24 PM 11-22-2018
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
I was in KC visiting family last year and went looking. Apparently KC gets no variants according to some workers at the various places I went. They only had barleywine. Most of the places had 2 pp, and Gomers had three. No one camps or anything since there are no variants so you can easily go place to place and find some regular and whatever is replacing barleywine. Even small places got a case or two of regular. Not sure if it will happen again, but last year they also released BA Ten Fidy along side BCBS everywhere I went.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:42 PM 11-22-2018
Wheatwine has replaced the straight barleywine. I haven't had it yet, but I've heard it shouldn't be slept on. It took 2nd at the Festival of Wood and Barrel-Aged Beer last weekend in the barleywine/wheatwine category.

BCS allotments are allocated based on annual Goose sales and some other shady shit. So places moving the most Goose products might be your best bet for variants. I'm not familiar with KC distro, but word is they've cut back on regular to make more variants available, FWIW.
[Reply]
Page 279 of 382
« First < 179229269275276277278279 280281282283289329379 > Last »
Up