ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>UDFA Thread
PriestMaholmes 04:52 AM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Don't we still have RB's Perine and Prince on the team from last year.
I’d like a 1B running back to split time with Pacheco. Perine seems like a RB3. I like prince but I think we can do better. Would be cool to get a bigger guy who can catch and is okay in pass protection. 20-30% of the snaps go to him and he keeps Pacheco fresh. Don’t like Pacheco ending games when we are up like 20 points.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:12 AM 04-28-2024
Bailey is a hell of a get
[Reply]
In58men 11:18 AM 04-28-2024

#Chiefs landed one of the most surprising UDFAs and one of the highest upside LBs in the draft in Curtis Jacobs.#PennState has long been a LB factory, and Jacobs is an elite athlete with positional versatility and range for the #Chiefs defense. ��⬇️#ShrineBowlWhosNext https://t.co/lv4SIYjyXE pic.twitter.com/j8Q1V9y8ja

— Eric Galko (@EricGalko) April 28, 2024

[Reply]
The Franchise 01:15 PM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
I’d say he has a high chance of making the roster with Gay gone.
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 01:18 PM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I’d say he has a high chance of making the roster with Gay gone.
Direct steal.
[Reply]
dtrain 01:20 PM 04-28-2024
TD Ayo-Durojayie RB

https://youtu.be/zQshiAn8K-k?si=mX3-73IyJ3N1zwM_
[Reply]
Mecca 11:58 AM 04-28-2024
Eyabi Okie-Anoma, Charlotte, signed with the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Cooter Bailey 12:51 PM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
No. 4 rated recruit coming out of high school but couldn’t remain academically eligible at several college programs. He is a great buy low player that could possibly pan out. Doubtful, but maybe.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:12 PM 04-28-2024
Strengths: Tools for days.

Weaknesses: Dumb as a fucking rock.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 01:38 PM 04-30-2024
:-)

NFL News: Kansas City Chiefs’ Eyabi Okie-Anoma Once Ranked Above Micah Parsons, A Look at His Brilliant Journey

Kansas City Chiefs’ Eyabi Okie-Anoma is making waves these days. In the shadow of the recently concluded NFL Draft, where dreams are drafted and futures are sealed, the Kansas City Chiefs have scooped up a potential diamond in the rough.

Eyabi Okie-Anoma, whose journey through college football was as tumultuous as it was promising, has been signed as an undrafted free agent (UDFA) by the Chiefs. This signing is particularly intriguing, not just because of Okie-Anoma’s raw talent, but also because of his once stellar recruit ranking—higher even than stars like Micah Parsons.

From High Hopes to Hard Knocks: Eyabi Okie-Anoma’s Journey

Eyabi Okie-Anoma, a formidable defensive end standing at 6 feet 4 inches and weighing 262 pounds, was initially a blue-chip recruit for Alabama. As a freshman, he showed flashes of brilliance that justified his high school hype. However, his college career soon became a rollercoaster of transfers and team violations, leading him from Alabama to Houston, then to Tennessee-Martin, and finally landing at Charlotte.

Despite these setbacks, Okie-Anoma’s performance at Charlotte was notable. In just 10 games, he racked up 56 tackles, 11.5 tackles for loss, and 5.5 sacks, hinting at the untapped potential within. This stint was enough to catch the eye of the Kansas City Chiefs’ scouting team.

A Masterclass Move by Brett Veach :-)

The signing of Okie-Anoma is a testament to Chiefs General Manager Brett Veach’s acumen, fresh off the heels of a successful draft negotiation with the Buffalo Bills. Veach, known for his shrewd moves, seems to have found another overlooked talent in Okie-Anoma. Historically, the NFL has seen many UDFAs turn into key players—Kurt Warner and Priest Holmes, to name a couple. Veach and the Chiefs are no strangers to such finds, and Okie-Anoma could very well be the next big hit.

The Uphill Battle Ahead For Eyabi Okie-Anoma

Joining the Chiefs, Okie-Anoma faces a tough road ahead. The NFL is a significant step up from college football, and even more so for a player coming through the ranks as a UDFA. He will need to prove himself capable not just on the field, but also off it, maintaining discipline and seizing every opportunity to shine.

Steve Spagnuolo’s defensive scheme could be a good fit for Okie-Anoma, leveraging his size and agility. However, making the team won’t be easy. He may start on the practice squad, which, while not glamorous, offers a stable environment and a chance to impress the coaching staff.

A Story of Redemption Awaits

Eyabi Okie-Anoma’s signing is more than just a football decision; it’s a chance at redemption. The narrative of a once top-ranked recruit, now battling as a UDFA for a spot in the NFL, is compelling. It’s a story of resilience, talent, and the harsh realities of professional sports. Whether he makes it or not, Okie-Anoma’s journey is a reminder of the fine line between potential and achievement in the high-stakes world of the NFL.

Overall: #188 | EDGE: #22
Eyabi Okie-Anoma - Charlotte pic.twitter.com/UHHF4S1c69

— NFL Prospect 360 (@nflprospect360) April 24, 2024

[Reply]
staylor26 01:49 PM 04-28-2024
I am very confident that Jacobs and Lovett will make the team.
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 08:56 PM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:

A four-year player at Penn State, Jacobs recorded 171 tackles, 24 tackles for loss, and 9.5 sacks during his career. He's a really impressive athlete and should be an instant contributor on special teams.

Lovett had a private workout with the Chiefs ahead of the 2024 NFL draft. The 24-year-old is listed at 6-foot-4 and 318 pounds with 35.5-inch arms. He's a disruptive presence in the middle of the line and is great at the stack-and-attack method.

The Chiefs opted not to draft a DT or LB and still got projected mid-round round prospects in Fabien Lovett (@fabo_54) and Curtis Jacobs (@CurtisUpNext23)…Brett Veach is an absolute menace to society�� pic.twitter.com/pet4hWvJKU

— Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) April 28, 2024

[Reply]
JPH83 10:52 PM 04-28-2024
Thought the same but it'll need them to finally recognise Nnadi is a waste of space. Jacobs is going to be a better athlete than guys like Cam Jones, but he'll need to get better at recognising plays. Two very good pick ups, I hope they stick.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:09 AM 04-29-2024
There's definitely an open path for Jacobs to forge a rotational role.

Jack Cochrane probably has first dibs as he was an every game player on STs even WITH Gay on the roster. Cam Jones did the same; played every game and almost entirely STs.

So those two aren't guys he has to displace - they were playing WITH Gay on the roster.

Cole Christiansen would seem to be his primary competition for the roster spot vacated by Gay unless we just elected to go with more S depth and less base stuff. You could also see a veteran pickup like Kwon Alexander or Zach Cunningham.
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 02:29 PM 04-28-2024

6 more UDFA signings for the #Chiefs with a P, WR, CB, DE, TE, & an OL. pic.twitter.com/7oI0pOvJtU

— Starcade Media (@StarcadeMediaKC) April 28, 2024

[Reply]
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Up