ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 416 of 469
« First < 316366406412413414415416 417418419420426466 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:31 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Mathney farewell tour is going great 4 straight now.

Yes it is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
tk13 10:32 PM 09-30-2022
Epic walk off homer for the Mariners to send them to the playoffs, their drought is over. Phillies now have the longest drought at 10 years. If Philly hangs on to the wild card spot that means that Tigers and Angels have the longest playoff drought at 7 years and the Royals are right behind them in 3rd place. Amazing how the extra playoff spots have changed things.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 04:15 AM 10-01-2022
Originally Posted by tk13:
Epic walk off homer for the Mariners to send them to the playoffs, their drought is over. Phillies now have the longest drought at 10 years. If Philly hangs on to the wild card spot that means that Tigers and Angels have the longest playoff drought at 7 years and the Royals are right behind them in 3rd place. Amazing how the extra playoff spots have changed things.
The 16-team 2020 postseason format has skewed the drought list, too.

If it weren't for that anomalous year, the Marlins' drought would date back to 2003, the Padres' drought would date back to 2006, and the Reds would have last made it in 2013.

For all the hype the Padres get, they still haven't made the playoffs this year or in a conventional season in 16 years.

It seems like the Orioles have been bad forever before 2022 but the Zack Britton parked in the garage wild card loss is more recent than the Royals.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:16 AM 10-01-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
On the last day of 1941 Ted Williams sat at .39955. His manager Joe Cronin said he could sit since it would be rounded up. Ted answered “I make it or I don’t”, and went 6-8 in the doubleheader to finish .406. Back in those days sac flies were counted as outs so he had that going against him.

The next year he did the army’s 6 month flight program to be a fighter pilot. 10 years later he flew 39 missions in the Korean War before returning to baseball. A true American legend
I don't have the spreadsheet any more, but once upon a time I ran a program to calculate what Williams' career numbers would have looked like had he not missed 3 years to WWII and most of 1952 and 1953 to Korean service. It ended up with him just shy of 700 HR.

Williams was a badass and, for my money, the best hitter to ever play (and it isn't really close).

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Bob Feller also left to serve. In WW2 he was a petty officer in the Navy. Not only did he leave MLB but his dad’s funeral was shortly before he headed to combat. After he returned Cleveland hosted a rally to salute vets and introduced Feller as a hero. He said “The real heroes are the ones who didn’t make it back”

Many such stories. These guys were a different breed.
Feller was an amazing baseball player and a hero.

He also was a giant asshole to me the few times I talked to him.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:52 PM 10-01-2022
Originally Posted by tk13:

That’s actually an amazing stat. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
poolboy 03:36 PM 10-01-2022
Man, Luis Castillo was there to be had on the cheap...Way to go front office
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:10 PM 10-01-2022
Originally Posted by poolboy:
Good thing they gone
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:24 PM 10-01-2022
How often next season will PB bitch about this one?
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ligible-player
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:35 PM 10-01-2022
Royals got a win tonight 7-1 over Cleveland. It's hard to lose every day.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:51 PM 10-01-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
How often next season will PB bitch about this one?
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ligible-player
Uh. What?
[Reply]
BWillie 09:33 PM 10-01-2022
We have Luke Weaver. He's everything we ever need.
[Reply]
Valiant 10:08 PM 10-01-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
The gripes about the Royals attendance are fair, in some regards, but to suggest KC doesn't support the Chiefs winning or losing? They've been doing that loyally ever since Carl and Marty came to town back in 1988.

As far as the Pioli years, while attendance was 'down' the lowest they averaged in any year of his 4 year term was 67,500, and that was actually from 2009, his first year with the team. By 2012, when fans were calling for his head, flying banners and the famous 'blackout game', the Chiefs STILL averaged 68,500 per game. Their lowest attended game that year was against Carolina (one of the 2 teams they actually beat in that lovely 2-14 season) and their attendance that day was 62,860.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...fs-since-2006/

So, the whole '45K crowds' are nothing but hyperbole parroted by the revisionists and ill informed.

The KC fans have supported the Chiefs loyally since 1990, when they finally got competent leadership in place.

If the Royals could get competent leadership in place that allowed the team to compete year in and year out (sans Cleveland, Tampa Bay, etc.) even if it didn't end in a trophy being hoisted, I think it's fair to say attendance would increase. Fans don't want to go out and watch a shit product, especially when it's being headed up by people that don't know what they're doing. Fix the top, filter it on down, and you'll see the entire product improve including fan enthusiasm. Which directly impacts attendance at ballgames.
Fans know when the team leadership is sandbagging. The new owners want profits. The purpose of the downtown stadium is profit and be an entertainment venue. Concerts, events, charities and corporate galas. Dayton was also against this. As the field should not be torn up.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:34 PM 10-01-2022

On the cheap?

The Mariners gave up a TON For Castillo.
[Reply]
nychief 08:23 AM 10-02-2022
Matheny should be gone after the game today. It will not happen that way. But it should.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:39 AM 10-02-2022
Whoa now, Noelvi Marte was in that trade, he's a top 20 prospect.
[Reply]
Page 416 of 469
« First < 316366406412413414415416 417418419420426466 > Last »
Up