ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 149 of 190
« First < 4999139145146147148149 150151152153159 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****
KC_Connection 10:11 AM 08-28-2020
Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:22 PM 07-01-2021
There are countless times when teams completely "avoid" high seeds and superstars due to upsets and what not, much less a few injuries.

Not well versed in NBA playoff brackets year to year, but I'm sure there are at least a few examples that would put the lucky Suns to shame.

Like when the Canadiens avoided playing the best team in the regular season and far more talented Avalanche with one of the top lines in hockey, due to some lucky bounces, a crybaby HC, and complete lack of officiating once the tears started flowing.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:24 PM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
First of all, not one player on any NBA team is as valuable as a starting QB is to their team so that comparison is idiotic. Secondly, you're completely ignoring the fact that they beat the Clippers twice without CP3. Like I said, ignorant and butthurt.
That is not true. You take a Top 5-10 player off of a team..well good luck. The NBA more than any other league depends on its stars.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:27 PM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
There are countless times when teams completely "avoid" high seeds and superstars due to upsets and what not, much less a few injuries.

Not well versed in NBA playoff brackets year to year, but I'm sure there are at least a few examples that would put the lucky Suns to shame.

Like when the Canadiens avoided playing the best team in the regular season and far more talented Avalanche with one of the top lines in hockey, due to some lucky bounces, a crybaby HC, and complete lack of officiating once the tears started flowing.
The Raptors winning it all should have multiple asterisks after it.
[Reply]
MTG#10 02:28 PM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
That is not true. You take a Top 5-10 player off of a team..well good luck. The NBA more than any other league depends on its stars.
:-)

A starting QB in the NFL is BY FAR more valuable/important to the success of his team than any one player in any other sport and it's not even close. No other single player being out of a game affects Vegas odds more than an NFL team missing their starting QB.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:48 PM 07-01-2021
:-)

A starting QB in the NFL is BY FAR more valuable/important to the success of his team than any one player in any other sport and it's not even close. No other single player being out of a game affects Vegas odds more than an NFL team missing their starting QB.
So is a guy like Lebron James. Look what has happened when he leaves a team, they go from championship team to 20-win lottery team. There is only like 5 guys this would really apply to in the NBA. There is probably 5-7 NFL QB's that would apply to as well.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 03:05 PM 07-01-2021
First of all, not one player on any NBA team is as valuable as a starting QB is to their team so that comparison is idiotic. Secondly, you're completely ignoring the fact that they beat the Clippers twice without CP3. Like I said, ignorant and butthurt.
LeBron, Davis, Kawhi, Durant, Tatum, etc are as valuable as any QB in the NFL.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 03:06 PM 07-01-2021
All the while people ignore the fact that Phoenix had the second best record in the NBA. Also, no series even went seven games AND they swept Denver. Why is it a forgone conclusion that they would have lost every series if everyone would have played? They’re a damn good team!
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:12 PM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
You take any of these players off their team they are lottery team (or at best a 8-10 seed)next season (in no particular order)

1. Lebron
2. Curry
3. Giannis
4. Jokic
5. Luka
6.Lillard
7. Kawhi
[Reply]
MTG#10 03:16 PM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Bullshit. Look up Vegas lines when a star NBA player misses a game vs when a QB misses one. I'm not saying they're unimportant, but it's a lot easier for NBA supporting players to step up when their leader is gone than it is for an NFL team to win with a backup QB.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:19 PM 07-01-2021
Bullshit. Look up Vegas lines when a star NBA player misses a game vs when a QB misses one. I'm not saying they're unimportant, but it's a lot easier for NBA supporting players to step up when their leader is gone than it is for an NFL team to win with a backup QB.
Don't you think it depends on who the team's starting QB is?

For example WFT starter is Haskins and backup is AS or Fitzmagic being the backup to Tua.
[Reply]
MTG#10 03:23 PM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Don't you think it depends on who the team's starting QB is?

For example WFT starter is Haskins and backup is AS or Fitzmagic being the backup to Tua.
Yes that is a good point. I'm talking about playoff caliber teams playing other playoff caliber teams in both sports.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 03:26 PM 07-01-2021
In the playoffs not having a player like dirk listed gives teams literally 0 chance to compete for a title.

Regular season it probably doesn’t matter as much in the NBA given the number of games, but in the POs the impact of stars are the same as QBs.

Raptors don’t win without Kawhi, Lakers don’t win without AD and LeBron, Warriors don’t win without Curry, Klay, KD, etc.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:40 PM 07-01-2021
Yes that is a good point. I'm talking about playoff caliber teams playing other playoff caliber teams in both sports.
ok then yes I would agree if an NFL team lost their starting QB for the playoffs they are probably toast because it is a 1 game elimination tournament.

In the NBA if a team lost one of the players I listed they might be able to get by for a few games or maybe a series but they won't win it all. How far they get really depends on how the team is constructed. A good example is the Clippers.
[Reply]
fan4ever 03:45 PM 07-01-2021
The Suns won 1 game with AD on the court and lost 1 game with AD on the court. Beat the Lakers 2 out of 3 during the regular season. They also beat Clippers two games without their All Star Chris Paul. I say it being doubtful they'd have made it this far is being unfair to the talent/coaching they have on that team.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:53 PM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by fan4ever:
The Suns won 1 game with AD on the court and lost 1 game with AD on the court. Beat the Lakers 2 out of 3 during the regular season. They also beat Clippers two games without their All Star Chris Paul. I say it being doubtful they'd have made it this far is being unfair to the talent/coaching they have on that team.
I think it’s pretty unlikely that a team with a healthy LeBron and AD lose to anybody in the Western Conference. But they weren’t so why does it matter?
[Reply]
Page 149 of 190
« First < 4999139145146147148149 150151152153159 > Last »
Up